956 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, MaryDave1992 said:

He made it!!!! Thanks September people and good luck to everyone!!! ☺️

Welcome Home.jpg

I'm on my lunch break and my eyes just filled with tears! I'm so happy for you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

I'm on my lunch break and my eyes just filled with tears! I'm so happy for you!

Thank you!!! ☺️ You are so close now!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Thank you!!! ☺️ You are so close now!!!!

Possibly within the week! The visa must have been shipped almost immediately, because we've had a tracking number since last night. It feels so unreal!

We have our interview this week! I can’t be there and I am a ball of nervousness!! I’m hoping everything goes well. I’ve been googling Visa Interview Questions. Does anyone know if the questions are country specific? Or what kind of questions were asked?

2 hours ago, Vidizzle said:

We have our interview this week! I can’t be there and I am a ball of nervousness!! I’m hoping everything goes well. I’ve been googling Visa Interview Questions. Does anyone know if the questions are country specific? Or what kind of questions were asked?

First of all relax. The interview will last at the most 5-10 min. About five questions unless there is something that causes the CO to "dig deeper" on a subject. Do you know that the COs mind is pretty much made up by the time the interview. Most have passed. Most questions are about the relationship and maybe cultural issues. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance has her medical scheduled today.

)Question 1) Will they give her the interview date right after?   

Also, I do not meet the income requirements to to file the I -134 Affidavit of Support.

(Question 2) Can the I-134 be filed by a family member whom I am currently living with? They could be the "Sponsor". I am the petitioner. 

(Question 3) Can i file 2 I-134's showing my current income and the other showing my family member's income?

I just graduated so my past 3 year tax returns are under 15,000.

I am currently employed making 40k yearly, but I just got the job less than 3 months ago.

(Question 4) Do i have to send the I-134's and tax forms of my co-sponsor and myself by mail?

(Question 5) Can i just scan and email the forms to my fiance for her to submit at the Interview?

(Question 6) Do i send the I-134's to the USCIS/NVC and do they send it to their embassy?

I really appreciate the time and effort this forum goes to help out fellow k1 filers.

Thank you guys for helping during such confusing times.

7 minutes ago, nzusa1996 said:

Hello,

My fiance has her medical scheduled today.

)Question 1) Will they give her the interview date right after?   It depends on your embassy. Since your profile is incomplete I can't answer that question. See the instructions below on how to update.

Also, I do not meet the income requirements to to file the I -134 Affidavit of Support.

(Question 2) Can the I-134 be filed by a family member whom I am currently living with? They could be the "Sponsor". I am the petitioner. 

US embassy prefers that the joint sponsor for K1 is an immediate relative of the petitioner (ex: parent or sibling).  Most embassy "advertise" the do not have to except the co-sponsor for a K1, but each case is different. We have seen approvals and we have seen rejected applications. 

If the K1 visa application fails, you can take the spousal route. You would marry in the beneficiary's country and then file for a visa In the IR1/CR1 category, the joint sponsor can be anybody (relative or friend) as long as they meet the requirements.  This process the CO must take the sponsor.

7 minutes ago, nzusa1996 said:

(Question 3) Can i file 2 I-134's showing my current income and the other showing my family member's income? Yes you do file two I-134. One for yourself and the other for the co-sponsor.

I just graduated so my past 3 year tax returns are under 15,000.

I am currently employed making 40k yearly, but I just got the job less than 3 months ago. Both situations are taken into consideration especially that you are gainfully employed and meeting the financial requirements as outlined. Best tool to use for this to be included at the interview is a employment letter from your current employer.

(Question 4) Do i have to send the I-134's and tax forms of my co-sponsor and myself by mail? Depends on the Embassy and their requirements. Can't help you there because I don't know your embassy.

(Question 5) Can i just scan and email the forms to my fiance for her to submit at the Interview? See above.

(Question 6) Do i send the I-134's to the USCIS/NVC and do they send it to their embassy? Beneficiary takes it to the interview.

I really appreciate the time and effort this forum goes to help out fellow k1 filers.

Thank you guys for helping during such confusing times.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

US embassy prefers that the joint sponsor for K1 is an immediate relative of the petitioner (ex: parent or sibling).  Most embassy "advertise" the do not have to except the co-sponsor for a K1, but each case is different. We have seen approvals and we have seen rejected applications. 

If the K1 visa application fails, you can take the spousal route. You would marry in the beneficiary's country and then file for a visa In the IR1/CR1 category, the joint sponsor can be anybody (relative or friend) as long as they meet the requirements.  This process the CO must take the sponsor.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Just updated, thanks for the help.

Ok, So the NZ embassy has asked my beneficiary (fiance) to send the I-134 two weeks prior to the interview.

So I should send her over an I-134 of myself and a I-134 of my family member whom I live with. Gotcha.

Do i fill out the I-134's by hand in the USA and then Mail them over to her, for her to send over to the embassy?

3 hours ago, nzusa1996 said:

Just updated, thanks for the help.

Ok, So the NZ embassy has asked my beneficiary (fiance) to send the I-134 two weeks prior to the interview.

So I should send her over an I-134 of myself and a I-134 of my family member whom I live with. Gotcha.

Do i fill out the I-134's by hand in the USA and then Mail them over to her, for her to send over to the embassy?

No it's best if you create the I134 online as you are working your way through the form the questions will change, reflecting what the embassy needs. Each embassy is different. 

Be sure you choose a package carrier that will get the documents their in time for the interview and who provides tracking information. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R4ScahjwyfABUukA8Vt_MhrqY5NP8zr3/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Hello VJ.

I-134 help

I just got a job making 40k a year, 1 month ago.

Before this, I was in school making less than 15,000 a year. Taxes from 2015-2018 are below 15,000.

I do not think my 1 month employment of 40k is enough for approval. 

I will have a Joint Sponsor  (Father) who is qualified to be a sponsor.

Here is my question:

Do i AND my joint sponsor fill out an I-134 EACH? (Even though my I-134 is most likely to get denied since i've only been employed for last than 2 months making 40k.)

Does only my Joint-Sponsor fill out an I-134?

and finally the Age-Old VJ question

Wet signature for I-134's?

Or is scanned signature okay? Does New Zealand care if it is wet or scanned signature?

Postal to New Zealand can take 2 weeks.

9 hours ago, nzusa1996 said:

Hello VJ.

I-134 help

I just got a job making 40k a year, 1 month ago.

Before this, I was in school making less than 15,000 a year. Taxes from 2015-2018 are below 15,000.

I do not think my 1 month employment of 40k is enough for approval. 

I will have a Joint Sponsor  (Father) who is qualified to be a sponsor.

Here is my question:

Do i AND my joint sponsor fill out an I-134 EACH? (Even though my I-134 is most likely to get denied since i've only been employed for last than 2 months making 40k.)

Does only my Joint-Sponsor fill out an I-134?

and finally the Age-Old VJ question

Wet signature for I-134's?

Or is scanned signature okay? Does New Zealand care if it is wet or scanned signature?

Postal to New Zealand can take 2 weeks.

If you have been reading the thread you should have see the part that if you have questions about your inte6process for your embassy its going to be hard to find an answer from those processing from Germany, Philippines or even Hong Kong that would have NZ answers. You should be over in the sub-forum for your region/country. Go up to the blue ribbon, select forums, then scroll down 3/4 of the page and find your sub-forum. Begin asking questions of others who are going through the same embassy as you. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Hey guys! I'm also a September 2018 filer and I'm still waiting for the NOA 2... my case is so behind the normal processing time and I took the decision to request to my Senator to submit an inquiry on my behalf and after 10 days, his office replied me with the below notification.

What does it mean? How long will the process take? 

If somebody had gone through this and have any light about it I'd thank you a lot.

6006E9AC-8271-440E-89AB-66EE652227B4.png

12 hours ago, Vicko said:

Hey guys! I'm also a September 2018 filer and I'm still waiting for the NOA 2... my case is so behind the normal processing time and I took the decision to request to my Senator to submit an inquiry on my behalf and after 10 days, his office replied me with the below notification.

What does it mean? How long will the process take? 

If somebody had gone through this and have any light about it I'd thank you a lot.

It means exactly as it says there is no update. They have more to do. They don't have a decision as of yet. No one can tell you with any certainty when it will be ready. Even USCIS can't tell you and their in charge of your file. More patience is needed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.