956 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, JJA1979 said:

From what I've seen myself and @Jonah <3 Verlie seem to be the last "active" Sept people waiting

Ok. Its not good but at least there arent several of u. October has a handful waiting too...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

Nothing we can do, but to wait dreadfully 😒😒😒

Positive vibes coming from me!

28 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

Positive vibes coming from me!

Thank you 😍😍😍

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 3/28/2019 at 10:04 AM, MsNina said:

How many are still waiting 4 noa2?

Still waiting here as well. Just sent in our additional evidence as requested per RFE

On 3/28/2019 at 10:27 AM, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

Nothing we can do, but to wait dreadfully 😒😒😒

On 3/28/2019 at 10:30 AM, JJA1979 said:

From what I've seen myself and @Jonah <3 Verlie seem to be the last "active" Sept people waiting

I was the last one to get approved  in my month too so I know what you are feeling, for what it's worth you can't lose hope  or lose sight of the prize. Your cases will at some point finish and you will be rewarded for your patience. Hang in there it's  coming trust me.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I was the last one to get approved  in my month too so I know what you are feeling, for what it's worth you can't lose hope  or lose sight of the prize. Your cases will at some point finish and you will be rewarded for your patience. Hang in there it's  coming trust me.

BTW Sarge. Did you remember to turn off the lights if you were the last one. 😁

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 3/29/2019 at 8:08 PM, KPMB said:

Still waiting here as well. Just sent in our additional evidence as requested per RFE

Hi there I have seen you had a similar RFE as me and my fiance did. Initially we sent tickets and all Airbnb intineraries and pictures together. Than we got and RFE that none of that did not prove we saw each other face to face. This time we sent bank statements from restaurants and stores, tickets to different events with pictures with dates on it, and we submitted the intineraries from Airbnb with our names and also boarding passes from our tickets. Also we sent a few letters from our friends who saw us together. I have no idea what else we could have done. If you think, none of this can prove we were together according to USCIS. From what I have read you nailed the first time you should not have get an RFE. I wish you good luck. It makes me sad because some of the officers there are ridiculously picky. If you don't mind asking what else you out in your second package. I mean RFE? Thank you 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Victoria85 said:

Hi there I have seen you had a similar RFE as me and my fiance did. Initially we sent tickets and all Airbnb intineraries and pictures together. Than we got and RFE that none of that did not prove we saw each other face to face. This time we sent bank statements from restaurants and stores, tickets to different events with pictures with dates on it, and we submitted the intineraries from Airbnb with our names and also boarding passes from our tickets. Also we sent a few letters from our friends who saw us together. I have no idea what else we could have done. If you think, none of this can prove we were together according to USCIS. From what I have read you nailed the first time you should not have get an RFE. I wish you good luck. It makes me sad because some of the officers there are ridiculously picky. If you don't mind asking what else you out in your second package. I mean RFE? Thank you 

Hi, thanks for your support and sharing your story. Our RFE mentioned that my initial documents proved I was in the same country as my fiancé but that I didn't actually meet him... I'm not sure what else I could've given them, perhaps purchases I made in the city where he was living? They might have still said I hadn't met him. It's extremely frustrating having worked and lived together to receive an RFE! It makes me doubt if they actually verify our employment and addresses. We wanted to avoid translating our rental agreement and work contracts because it was $$$ but luckily we managed to compile a few things for trips we took together. We sent almost exactly what you sent: pictures, itineraries, confirmations, and receipts for trips we took together, his bank statement with purchases in a country we visited, and sworn statements from our family. It was hard to think of what could be sufficient because 1) each time we met, I visited him in France and we traveled within Europe, so we didn't have documentation like passport stamps for him and 2) I didn't have any documentation for the trips that we took together because, it was always him paying. So, we translated his bank statement which shows purchases he made in the countries we visited. The plane ticket receipts have our names on it but we didn't retain the boarding passes. It makes me nervous that you got an RFE with the supporting documents we just sent! I think for yours and my case, they made it ridiculously complicated. I completely agree with you - nothing can truly prove we were together. I think your boarding passes with both your names on it are a great evidence. I wish we had that. Can I ask, did you send both your bank statements? Wishing you support!

36 minutes ago, KPMB said:

Hi, thanks for your support and sharing your story. Our RFE mentioned that my initial documents proved I was in the same country as my fiancé but that I didn't actually meet him... I'm not sure what else I could've given them, perhaps purchases I made in the city where he was living? They might have still said I hadn't met him. It's extremely frustrating having worked and lived together to receive an RFE! It makes me doubt if they actually verify our employment and addresses. We wanted to avoid translating our rental agreement and work contracts because it was $$$ but luckily we managed to compile a few things for trips we took together. We sent almost exactly what you sent: pictures, itineraries, confirmations, and receipts for trips we took together, his bank statement with purchases in a country we visited, and sworn statements from our family. It was hard to think of what could be sufficient because 1) each time we met, I visited him in France and we traveled within Europe, so we didn't have documentation like passport stamps for him and 2) I didn't have any documentation for the trips that we took together because, it was always him paying. So, we translated his bank statement which shows purchases he made in the countries we visited. The plane ticket receipts have our names on it but we didn't retain the boarding passes. It makes me nervous that you got an RFE with the supporting documents we just sent! I think for yours and my case, they made it ridiculously complicated. I completely agree with you - nothing can truly prove we were together. I think your boarding passes with both your names on it are a great evidence. I wish we had that. Can I ask, did you send both your bank statements? Wishing you support!

Yes you can ask me anything. So I sent just my banking statement, but we also sent a bunch of receipts from restaurants and stores paid with my visa card and his master card and we attached a copy of his  card and mine so they can see our names on those cards and card numbers. I know it is ridiculous even my lawyer said they just went over a bit but what we can do. They asked us a beneficiary intent to marry letter and we already out that in the first packet so they have been a bit ignorant with our case. 

44 minutes ago, KPMB said:

May I ask you when you sent your rfe letter and if the site got updated ? Thank you 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

May I ask you when you sent your rfe letter and if the site got updated ? Thank you 

I think your evidence is very solid! I sent it 2 days ago on 3.29 and they should be receiving it tomorrow. I'll keep you posted when the site gets updated. How about you?

Timeline
On 3/31/2019 at 9:32 PM, Victoria85 said:

Thank you. Our lawyer supposed to send ours this weekend or tomorrow the latest. I will keep you posted as well. 

Hi there! USCIS received our response today (4.3) and updated our case status with this:  "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received - Our California Service Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you." 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was able to get a form to fill out from my congressman's staff (after a bit of ineptness on their part, which has me a bit worried), will be sending that back in about a week just as we go outside normal processing time, and following that up with my own inquiry via USCIS site.  Slowly transforming from Bruce Banner into The Hulk...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.