2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Robin Redemsky said:

71 days and still no reply to our RFE for my certified divorce decree. I’ve called for updates  and so has my attorney. All they can tell us is they’re understaffed and too busy :( we are about 9 months into this process. This feels like torture. My fiancé and I miss each other so much 

I'm so sorry .. When was the last time you called? I hear you.. Being apart is really tough... We all hope you hear from them soon. Keep your head up high! 

On 5/15/2019 at 11:23 AM, Robin Redemsky said:

71 days and still no reply to our RFE for my certified divorce decree. I’ve called for updates  and so has my attorney. All they can tell us is they’re understaffed and too busy :( we are about 9 months into this process. This feels like torture. My fiancé and I miss each other so much 

I was waiting for your approval. I am so sorry you have to deal with this long wait. I have senator office involved for our case and I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but we got our approval 2 days after. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hey, we finally got our Noa2 approved! No online update but we got our letter in a mail!:) So happy! Can someone tell what is next? Or if you can give a link if here is other forums what happens after Noa2? Thank you<3

4 minutes ago, JasBla said:

Hey, we finally got our Noa2 approved! No online update but we got our letter in a mail!:) So happy! Can someone tell what is next? Or if you can give a link if here is other forums what happens after Noa2? Thank you<3

Look for May 2019 K1 NOA2 to NVC and once there find the downloadable PDF file from the first page first post in this thread. Its chalked full of tips, tricks and hacks. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok so update on my case. I called USCIS yesterday because our attorney’s paralegal wasn’t able to get an update due to a new rule they implemented last week that only the attorney or petitioner can get updates over the phone. My attorney is out of town until next week. It’s been 90 days since I sent in my RFE which was a certified divorce judgment from my previous marriage. I called USCIS and the customer service rep was incredibly rude and berated me for not having my case number handy. I was at work so I didn’t have it on me that moment. She took my personal info and said “your case is denied.” I asked “so what you’re saying is my petition is denied?” And she replied, “didn’t you hear a word I just said? Your case is denied and we mailed out a letter on May 31st. So you’re gonna have to read the letter to find out why.” I asked to be connected to someone that would know why and she refused. So I hung up. I was so upset and called my paralegal crying. She was shocked and said she check my case last week and there was no denial. So she got both of us on the line with a tier 2 agent and I gave USCIS permission to talk to the paralegal about my case. This woman apologized and said my case wasn’t denied and it was still pending. I was infuriated and told the agent whomever spoke to me earlier needs to be spoken to because this is my future and we are 10 months out with no answer. She advised we should get an answer by June 25. I’ve contacted my state senator’s immigration liaison about my case. USCIS told me back in March that once they received my divorce decree we would get an answer soon. And two updates after that when I called, all they said was “we’re understaffed and busy so we can’t get to it yet.” So to all of you that have your fiancé with you, count your lucky stars because we’ve been messed around so much with such a simple case and a simple RFE

32 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

Ok so update on my case. I called USCIS yesterday because our attorney’s paralegal wasn’t able to get an update due to a new rule they implemented last week that only the attorney or petitioner can get updates over the phone. My attorney is out of town until next week. It’s been 90 days since I sent in my RFE which was a certified divorce judgment from my previous marriage. I called USCIS and the customer service rep was incredibly rude and berated me for not having my case number handy. I was at work so I didn’t have it on me that moment. She took my personal info and said “your case is denied.” I asked “so what you’re saying is my petition is denied?” And she replied, “didn’t you hear a word I just said? Your case is denied and we mailed out a letter on May 31st. So you’re gonna have to read the letter to find out why.” I asked to be connected to someone that would know why and she refused. So I hung up. I was so upset and called my paralegal crying. She was shocked and said she check my case last week and there was no denial. So she got both of us on the line with a tier 2 agent and I gave USCIS permission to talk to the paralegal about my case. This woman apologized and said my case wasn’t denied and it was still pending. I was infuriated and told the agent whomever spoke to me earlier needs to be spoken to because this is my future and we are 10 months out with no answer. She advised we should get an answer by June 25. I’ve contacted my state senator’s immigration liaison about my case. USCIS told me back in March that once they received my divorce decree we would get an answer soon. And two updates after that when I called, all they said was “we’re understaffed and busy so we can’t get to it yet.” So to all of you that have your fiancé with you, count your lucky stars because we’ve been messed around so much with such a simple case and a simple RFE

Your case is not unusual as even misinformation can be handed out from any government agency. I'm not trying to be condescending during your rough time with your visa but here is some advise from answering questions for the past 5 years and some 8,000 replies later. When a individual lowers there expectation level to one that is more manageable, usually they find things run a little smoother.

Allow me to put this whole visa process in perspective. There is only one thing that USCIS guaranteed and that is an answer. They didn't specify when, just that they would adjudicate your case and present you with an answer YES or NO. The more people you involve in your case the more it follows twists and turns and so far not to your satisfaction. I would advise that you take some time away from your case, leave VJ until your next update and I think you will be the better for it. I have heard from many who I have offered this advice to and they have had better results for their sanity and their relationship.

You will get an answer, but it's not when you want it. There is an old saying that I use and that is "the man who has the gold makes the rules". I wish nothing but a speedy process from here on out but that will be entirely up to you and your relationship with the process. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Finally approved at the interview after almost a full year (sent in our I-129F on July 16, 2018 but it got pushed to August after they missed our cheque)!! Thank you to everyone here for the guidance and reassurance!

Edited by Isabel&Will

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Petition has been denied officially according to the website :( fiancé is from England. We got a RFE I march asking for a certified copy of my divorce decree. Sent it. They acknowledged they got it and now a denial. My attorney is baffled and has no idea why they would just deny it after we sent in what they needed. I’m crushed. We have to wait for the letter to come in. Does anyone have any insight about this? 

28 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

Petition has been denied officially according to the website :( fiancé is from England. We got a RFE I march asking for a certified copy of my divorce decree. Sent it. They acknowledged they got it and now a denial. My attorney is baffled and has no idea why they would just deny it after we sent in what they needed. I’m crushed. We have to wait for the letter to come in. Does anyone have any insight about this? 

Sorry I can't opine as my knowledge doesn't extend into matters such as those you are facing. I suggest asking your question in this thread https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/133-general-immigration-related-discussion/

And, if you do not garner enough answers try here: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

Good luck and sorry that you have to contend with something that on the surface looks to be a non-issue since you replied with the documents that were requested in your RFE.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

On 6/14/2019 at 10:19 AM, Robin Redemsky said:

Hey I am so sorry for what happened to you. I know the feeling. I wanted to share with you that one year ago me and my fiance went exactly thru the same thing. The same rfe and we got denied. Our divorce decree did content a mistake and because of this USCIS considered it invalid and we started from the scratch. I am sorry again and I hope you will find a way to be with your beloved one. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Victoria85 said:

Hey I am so sorry for what happened to you. I know the feeling. I wanted to share with you that one year ago me and my fiance went exactly thru the same thing. The same rfe and we got denied. Our divorce decree did content a mistake and because of this USCIS considered it invalid and we started from the scratch. I am sorry again and I hope you will find a way to be with your beloved one. 

Does this mean when we appeal we have to start all over with new evidence? I have plenty since we see each other every few months but this is breaking my heart. His heart , too. We both feel lost and like we did everything right and now it set us back. I hate when people ask when the wedding date is because we can’t determine that yet as much as we wish we could.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Robin Redemsky said:

Does this mean when we appeal we have to start all over with new evidence? I have plenty since we see each other every few months but this is breaking my heart. His heart , too. We both feel lost and like we did everything right and now it set us back. I hate when people ask when the wedding date is because we can’t determine that yet as much as we wish we could.

Have you considered doing just that, getting married, and then filing CR-1? 
And were you able to find out why you were denied specifically? 

Timeline
Just now, Shiran said:

Have you considered doing just that, getting married, and then filing CR-1? 
And were you able to find out why you were denied specifically? 

We have considered and we plan on speaking to our attorney when fiancé gets here this weekend to address that possibility. We haven’t received the letter yet from USCIS as to why we were denied. Honestly, we are shocked because we had lots of good evidence and saved all boarding passes, pics and everything. -sigh- this process is so exhausting. We know this will work out some how. We want to make sure we do this correctly and go through all the appropriate channels.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Robin Redemsky said:

We have considered and we plan on speaking to our attorney when fiancé gets here this weekend to address that possibility. We haven’t received the letter yet from USCIS as to why we were denied. Honestly, we are shocked because we had lots of good evidence and saved all boarding passes, pics and everything. -sigh- this process is so exhausting. We know this will work out some how. We want to make sure we do this correctly and go through all the appropriate channels.

I am about positive that denial is not due to evidence, but due to RFE. Hopefully you will hear something soon and will be able whatever obstacle they throw at you.

1 hour ago, Robin Redemsky said:

We started all over fr the scratch. Unfortunately our lawyer said it is not point to appeal because the answer may take 6 months to one year to come. More than that usually an appeal rarely end up with an approval. This is what I have heard and I was told by my lawyer. There are other options fortunately so don't get discouraged.  I know feels awful after so much wait and I am sorry. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.