2,700 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Robin Redemsky said:

I’m still waiting for my NOA2 :( we received a RFE Feb 25 and it’s been 43 days since they received it. All they needed was a certified copy of my divorce decree. I called twice since to inquire about the length of time this is taking. All I was told is I’m past the normal processing times and it could be another 5 weeks before we hear anything. My fiancé and I are bumming pretty hard right now. I see people on here already getting their visas and we’re still a long ways off.

Have you asked them if they even touched your rfe response ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

Have you asked them if they even touched your rfe response ? 

Yes. They did look at it but they said they needed to do another background check after that. They got the background check on April 1st and it’s now “in review”. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Victoria85 said:

So what exactly is your rfe about ? 

It was regarding my divorce decree from my previous marriage. My city doesn’t stamp or certify your original divorce decree and USCIS wants a stamped, certified original. I had to go to my county clerk and get a certified original and send it to them. 

2 hours ago, Robin Redemsky said:

It was regarding my divorce decree from my previous marriage. My city doesn’t stamp or certify your original divorce decree and USCIS wants a stamped, certified original. I had to go to my county clerk and get a certified original and send it to them. 

That is very weird that it takes them so long to review it. I am sorry I am waiting the response after my rfe. And I am getting more nervous every day. 

On 4/18/2019 at 10:40 AM, Robin Redemsky said:

My lawyer said that background check is what they say when case is still in pending. I would call them on monday again and I would ask for more clarifications. It is way too long to wait for 40 something days. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, Victoria85 said:

That is very weird that it takes them so long to review it. I am sorry I am waiting the response after my rfe. And I am getting more nervous every day.

When and what for was your RFE? You are missing it on your timeline. I wonder if it is due to difficulty doing background checks from Moldova that is delaying it. I do hope you hear something soon! 

2 minutes ago, Shiran said:

When and what for was your RFE? You are missing it on your timeline. I wonder if it is due to difficulty doing background checks from Moldova that is delaying it. I do hope you hear something soon! 

I think background checks should be done before they sent an RFE. RFE it's just the piece they are missing. That's my understanding. We were supposed to sent them prove of seeing each other within 2 years plus letter from beneficiary about intent to marry me. We put everything the first time we sent our package and yet we got and RFE. Have been two weeks and silence. I called USCIS but they like always said to wait. Of course I have all my life to wait. 

Timeline

They should have just generally more transparency into process. I feel like people wouldn't mind waiting if they know process is moving along somehow. You confirmed they got your RFE and not expecting anything else at this point? 2 weeks after RFE response is not too long, hopefully something soon! 

7 minutes ago, Shiran said:

They should have just generally more transparency into process. I feel like people wouldn't mind waiting if they know process is moving along somehow. You confirmed they got your RFE and not expecting anything else at this point? 2 weeks after RFE response is not too long, hopefully something soon! 

I agree there is a much better way and it wouldn't slow the process down.  I think it comes down to money. Anything the government needs to "Build" they pay 3 times as much. JMHO

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Shiran said:

Exactly when the last time I called them and I asked " was my case ever touched since you got my rfe ?" He said your case have been touched everyday since than and it's still in pending. It's funny because I called once a week to see what point is my application at. And last time I talked to an officer she said your case was never touched since USCIS got your rfe. So two different officers gave me completely different answers while we just stay and wait for a miracle to happen. 2 weeks is not that long I agree but it's enough to make you panic when everyone around you with the same rfe are getting their approvals. If they would give you a bit more info I would not mind to wait, but they don't. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I agree there is a much better way and it wouldn't slow the process down.  I think it comes down to money. Anything the government needs to "Build" they pay 3 times as much. JMHO

Gee whiz, I have an idea.  Why don't they fully automate their 800 CSR line (or offshore it to a place like Noida, India), lay off the entire phone staff and use the savings to bring their system up to the 20th century?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, quick question: what does the Approval Notice Valid from 04/09/2019 to 08/08/2019 on our NOA2 mean? Does this mean that we have to complete our application ( medical, interview, fly to the US ) on or before August 8?  Thanks so much! Happy Easter to those who celebrate it ☺️

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AGF said:

Hi guys, quick question: what does the Approval Notice Valid from 04/09/2019 to 08/08/2019 on our NOA2 mean? Does this mean that we have to complete our application ( medical, interview, fly to the US ) on or before August 8?  Thanks so much! Happy Easter to those who celebrate it ☺️

You need to get K-1 visa stamp before that date. You don't need to actually travel to US before that, as once you get K-1 VISA it will have its own expiration date based on the date of your medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.