2,056 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

Thanks for sharing! So the person that took 25 months- they got their visa, correct? Was that before or after the travel ban went into effect? 

One more question- the person that did not have military service- who is sponsoring them/type of visa? Thanks again!

His interview was before the ban but got visa in May. This was a k1.

The one without military service was a k1 as well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
18 minutes ago, salhasl said:

His interview was before the ban but got visa in May. This was a k1.

The one without military service was a k1 as well. 

Thanks for responding so quickly! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rayyan said:

Update: my husband received a call from U.S. Embassy to renew his medical & send his passport...

CONGRAAATS. 

I see that your interview was exactly 6 months ago. That's great news. Wish you the best and may our turn come soon! ❤️ 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
7 hours ago, Rayyan said:

Update: my husband received a call from U.S. Embassy to renew his medical & send his passport...

Truly wonderful news! This is a great encouragement to the rest of us who are waiting. Did your husband have any special circumstances that you think helped your case? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline
28 minutes ago, JessM28 said:

Truly wonderful news! This is a great encouragement to the rest of us who are waiting. Did your husband have any special circumstances that you think helped your case? 

I think what really helped our case is that he has a clean record in Saudi, and also his Travel history...(he hasn’t traveled to any banned country in the last nine years!)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Samer78 said:

Wife's interview is on January 8th, any idea on why would they request DS5535 to be submitted before the interview?

did they send you an email requesting DS5535?

what country are you from ?? and what embassy ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 12/27/2018 at 2:24 PM, Rayyan said:

Husband sent in all his paperwork & passport.We’re waiting for visa to be printed.

That's so awesome to read.  I can't wait to post when our dumb AP is over. I hope that the government shutdown doesn't delay the issue of the visa.

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Timeline
On 12/27/2018 at 8:24 AM, Rayyan said:

Husband sent in all his paperwork & passport.We’re waiting for visa to be printed.

thank you for sharing your good news, it means so much to us! 

Besides your husband's clean travel record, did you make any extra efforts on his behalf? like contacting congresspeople, submitting additional documents for waiver consideration.... any details can help us. were you in contact with the embassy frequently?

thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

https://app.in-it.com/missions/StopTheBan

This could be a helpful link for US citizens looking to get their stories heard about their struggles to get their banned spouses or fiancés here to the states. 

It looks like they want to hear from anyone affected by the travel ban, stuck in administrative processsing or waiting on waiver info. 

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.