Yay got an update Feb. 19, 2019 -EAD new card produced

#feelinghappy

My GC interview will be Wednesday

Feb 27, 2019

AOS sent- August 29, 2018

Biometrics - Oct. 5, 2018

Interview- Feb. 27, 2019

2 hours ago, Lin2018 said:

The combo card can only be used as employment authorization document (work permit) and advanced parole (traveling back to the US), which is not guaranteed though. Only US citizens are guaranteed entry. 

You are still an alien to the US. If you want to apply for foreign visas, you need to apply as your home country citizen.

Thank you! what I meant was if I could apply for foreign visas using the combo card. Because I am in the united states, will combo card be a valid ID to proof my status in the states to other embassies?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kat1111 said:

Thank you! what I meant was if I could apply for foreign visas using the combo card. Because I am in the united states, will combo card be a valid ID to proof my status in the states to other embassies?

Your passport is always your valid ID. At the embassies level, your home country passport will be the only ID that will be accepted to apply for foreign visas. At least for Chinese embassy. You'd better check the embassy website out to see what ID they will ask for when you apply for a visa.

Sure, you can always bring your combo card and AOS NOA1 had copy as your proof of your legal status in the states. But I think passport is enough.

Edited by Lin2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Kat1111 said:

Combo card should be good to prove your status. I’ve heard someone had a problem with ap papers(not combo card) the other day. But combo should be good till you get your gc. However please note it does not give the privileges of green card (like some countries not asking for visa etc.)

@Lin2018

if you’re living in another country and applying for a visa, in addition to a passport, you need to show your residential status. This is used for 2 things, one is to know you have a place to return and won’t stay in their country, two is to show eligibility to process a visa in a country where you’re not national of.

even for k1 I had to bring my residency card because I was living in another country. (Same for when I got b1/b2 and for Shengen- they all want to see this additional residency status confirmation) 

On 2/18/2019 at 7:30 AM, KYICGM said:

New card is being produced!! Thank God 🙏🏻 ☺️😁

Hello, card was mailed to me on Feb 20th and today I received my approval letters 😁🙌🏻 

Timeline

AOS Interview scheduled for next Monday at the VA Office. Will report back here once done. Little worried because we don't have any accounts with both our names listed. In other words, getting adding both to the mortgage, utilities, bank accounts, etc. requires in-person visits. However, we have insurance cards in both our names, medical statements in both names with the same address, plenty of wedding/family photos, and we're also 8 months pregnant. Anything we should be worried about?

On 2/14/2019 at 12:25 PM, Lin2018 said:

Hey guys, good news. 

My interview has been scheduled just now.  And I got 6 texts notification from USCIS website hahaha

Best Valentine's Day gift!💖💖💖

So here is my timeline:

Filed AOS: August 22nd

Received: August 24th

NOA1: August 30th

Bio appointment: November 6th

Ready to be scheduled for an interview: November 9th, Feb 12th

Interview was scheduled: Feb 14th

DDE19279-CB52-4D12-AC05-139C312CBFBE.thumb.jpeg.b46f1d5e16856ea5e9c3e3ed8df97536.jpeg

Congrats! Please let us know once you receive the notice for the interview date in the mail, I just received that update too and want to know how long it will be until the interview... I have trips planned and may have to rearrange 😬.

congrats again! 

I just received messages to say my green card interview has been scheduled... does anyone know how long it takes to receive the notice via Mail? I have a trip planned in April so I’m curious if it will affect that :) . 

Also, does anyone advise to have both names on mortgage etc? We have joint bank account and medical insurance and a couple of utility bills but not sure if we need more than that for the interview.... 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, APBP said:

Congrats! Please let us know once you receive the notice for the interview date in the mail, I just received that update too and want to know how long it will be until the interview... I have trips planned and may have to rearrange 😬.

congrats again! 

Just got the interview notice yesterday. 

My interview was scheduled on March 25, at DC filed office (Fairfax, VA)

3 minutes ago, Lin2018 said:

Just got the interview notice yesterday. 

My interview was scheduled on March 25, at DC filed office (Fairfax, VA)

That’s great! And when did you receive the text/ email saying ‘interview has been scheduled’? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My husband received his Green Card in the mail one week after our interview!!!.

We are both breathing a sigh of relief and we are happy to have an almost 2-year break from immigration.  Wishing you all a successful trip on the rest of your journeys.  

K1 Timeline

5/17/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS Lewisville, Texas via FedEx Ground Shipping
01/03/2018: NVC Received I-129F and Case Number Received
01/23/2018: Embassy Received
02/09/2018: Medical
03/19/2018: Interview 
03/19/2018: APPROVED!
03/21/2018: Visa in Hand

08/04/2018:  MARRIED!

AOS Timeline (I-485)

08/29/2018: AOS/EAD/AP sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

09/12/2018: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail

09/24/2018: Biometrics Appointment

12/27/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled by USCIS

02/13/2019: Interview

02/14/2019: AOS APPROVED!!!

02/20/2019: GREEN CARD ISSUED!!!

02/21/2019: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline (I-751)

11/13/2020: 90-day application window opened

12/12/2020: I-751 sent to USCIS Phoenix via UPS

12/17/2020: Received by USCIS

01/28/2021: Received NOA1 hard copy via mail

02/04/2021: Biometrics Waived 

11/08/2021: Received NOA hard copy for 24-month extension via mail

01/11/2022: Removal of Conditions Approved

01/15/2022: Hard copy of NOA received

01/18/2022: Permanent Resident Card in Hand!

Citizenship Timeline (N-400)

08/04/2021: 3-year marriage-based window opened

09/12/2022: N-400 filed online, Received by USCIS, NOA1 Digital copy received

09/14/2022: Biometrics Waived 

12/21/2022: Citizenship Interview Scheduled by USCIS (Vermont Field Office)

02/07/2023: Interview 

06/23/2023: Citizenship Oath!!!

VJ Was With Us From Beginning to END...THANK YOU VJ!!!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, APBP said:

That’s great! And when did you receive the text/ email saying ‘interview has been scheduled’? 

As you quoted what I posted, I received the notification on Feb 14, received the notice in mail on Feb 22

hi guys. so i know people here are still waiting for interview and other stuff that are included in this process AND I WISH A SMOOTH continuing to everyone . so  i'd like to ask just to make sure;

our green card even if it's conditional and good for 2 years is good to let's back in the USA WITH NO PROBLEM. i'm right with that statement?

if there is a part of the visajourney forum about traveling information with the green card please to post the link here or redirect me to the website so we can see what it entail for us in term of traveling. thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.