T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Marked . Hopefully we can send out package by next week. Still waiting our certified marriage certificate to be mailed back. Everything else are all set.

08/05/2021: Conditional Green Card Expires

💜ROC Journey💜

05/07/2021: I-751 mailed 

05/12/2021: I-751 Received

05/25/2021: Check Cashed

05/25/2021: Text Received. Cash number begins with LIN

06/02/2021: NOA1 Received, Dated 5/27

06/28/2021 : Bio waved 

??? : Card Received 

💛N-400 Journey💛

05/07/2022: Eligible for Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
14 hours ago, jean baptiste said:

thx you but in my case i have my daughter so are we right checking the second following box as well?

You might want to call USCIS for that. 

Only one box should be ticked. On your affidavit of support it's the first box, on the kid's affidavit of support it's the second one. 

I don't have kids, but from the instructions I understand that you need an affidavit of support for every person the USC sponsors.

17 hours ago, jean baptiste said:

thx you but in my case i have my daughter so are we right checking the second following box as well?

The first box is what you're checking because the principal applicant that you're sponsoring is your daughter. If you were checking off the second box that would mean you sponsor her and her child or children, if she had any for you to sponsor. 

Read the instructions that come with this form regarding how to properly answer this question. 

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/10/2018 at 5:04 PM, Faisal1 said:

Hi everyone. August fillers 

Hi hi welcome!
Did you finally sort out the hold with your application?

Also- FYI
This is the AOS forum.
The I-129F/K-1 visa forum is here: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

Hi hi welcome!
Did you finally sort out the hold with your application?

Also- FYI
This is the AOS forum.
The I-129F/K-1 visa forum is here: 

Yes  i  had to file for lawsuit and it took me 403 days to get NOA2. And i refile again. Thank you i was searching for that 

On 8/11/2018 at 12:24 PM, Trinab80 said:

The first box is what you're checking because the principal applicant that you're sponsoring is your daughter. If you were checking off the second box that would mean you sponsor her and her child or children, if she had any for you to sponsor. 

Read the instructions that come with this form regarding how to properly answer this question. 

here is the question aonother way a USC is sponsoring her husband and his daughter K1 AND k2  DID SHE HAVE TO FILL DIFFERENT I- 864  AFFIDAVIT FOR EACH OF THEM? 

OR SHE CAN CHECK THOSE  2 BOX AND MAKE COPY OF THE TO PUT IN THE DAUGHTER FILES.

20 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

here is the question aonother way a USC is sponsoring her husband and his daughter K1 AND k2  DID SHE HAVE TO FILL DIFFERENT I- 864  AFFIDAVIT FOR EACH OF THEM? 

OR SHE CAN CHECK THOSE  2 BOX AND MAKE COPY OF THE TO PUT IN THE DAUGHTER FILES.

and if each applicant need a different form, which box to check in part 3 for the K1 and which one for the K2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

My AOS package was received at the lock box on 8/5, and still no NOA 1. 😣 This process has me feeling the same anxiety as with the K1 visa.  Anyone else still waiting on NOA 1 that sent off around 8/3? I did send the e-notification form as well. 

4 minutes ago, InnocentLove said:

My AOS package was received at the lock box on 8/5, and still no NOA 1. 😣 This process has me feeling the same anxiety as with the K1 visa.  Anyone else still waiting on NOA 1 that sent off around 8/3? I did send the e-notification form as well. 

If you haven't learned already from the K1 visa process, you have to relax and be patient. Your package was received on a Sunday and your package is not the only package they received over the weekend. It takes at least 10 business days to receive your NOA1 at this point. If you sent a personal check with your package, then I would check your bank account to see when the check has been deposited/cashed. Once that happens, that means they've accepted the petition and soon after that you will receive the hardcopy NOA1.

Relax and breathe...and be patient!!!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

If you haven't learned already from the K1 visa process, you have to relax and be patient. Your package was received on a Sunday and your package is not the only package they received over the weekend. It takes at least 10 business days to receive your NOA1 at this point. If you sent a personal check with your package, then I would check your bank account to see when the check has been deposited/cashed. Once that happens, that means they've accepted the petition and soon after that you will receive the hardcopy NOA1.

Relax and breathe...and be patient!!!

Thanks! I had to remind myself. After my now husband got here, I became gravely ill. I had multiple surgeries within a period of 3 weeks, was hospitalized for two weeks, and recovering for the past few months...with no income. So I sent everything off much later than expected, and his visa will expire (the actual expiration date on the visa, not the I-94). So it’s all a bit unnverving, but I have to remember to trust God with all of this just like before when it seemed like nothing was happening. Thanks again!☺️

18 minutes ago, InnocentLove said:

Thanks! I had to remind myself. After my now husband got here, I became gravely ill. I had multiple surgeries within a period of 3 weeks, was hospitalized for two weeks, and recovering for the past few months...with no income. So I sent everything off much later than expected, and his visa will expire (the actual expiration date on the visa, not the I-94). So it’s all a bit unnverving, but I have to remember to trust God with all of this just like before when it seemed like nothing was happening. Thanks again!☺️

remenber to trust GOD please don't failed on that.

please if no one have the answer of my questions regarding the affidavit of support please say no answer because i still expecting an answer to complete the form and sent out. i have been doing some more reading and i find out that child under 14 don't need a seperate form i 864 but i have to make sure the kid is listed in section 9 of the form. can someone confirm or denied this to me and so if i need a separate affidavit for my kid i can move forward?

1 hour ago, InnocentLove said:

But as long as they accept his AOS filing, he will be fine. The K1 visa was no longer valid after he used it for entry so don't worry about that - the I-94 is what he has proof of his current status. Once you get your NOA1 then you don't have to worry about the I-94 anymore. Either way, you are with your husband and you two are finally together. The first hard battle was won after he got here. Be patient and relax!!!!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

1 hour ago, jean baptiste said:

remenber to trust GOD please don't failed on that.

please if no one have the answer of my questions regarding the affidavit of support please say no answer because i still expecting an answer to complete the form and sent out. i have been doing some more reading and i find out that child under 14 don't need a seperate form i 864 but i have to make sure the kid is listed in section 9 of the form. can someone confirm or denied this to me and so if i need a separate affidavit for my kid i can move forward?

I would recommend that you read the Affidavit of Support instructions thoroughly so that you can get the right and correct answer to your question. Or start a topic under the AOS forum so you can get an answer from someone who has better experience to answer it for you.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

On 8/11/2018 at 12:24 PM, Trinab80 said:

i can't believe i miss-understand you here 

that's exactly the case i'm checking the second box because i'm sponsoring her and her child. how's is that sound to you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.