T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
29 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

wallgreens was my principal headeache the don't contract with my insurance and i didn't know before so i spend days with them

Yes, they didn't take mine either, but at least the service I received was impeccable. And the $99 fee I paid for the MMR is still better than the $$$$$$$ fees that the Civil Surgeons I spoke to wanted to charge me for doing that same vaccination. 😫

Facebook group: K-1 Visa Italia 

April 10 2018 US ENTRY (K-1 Visa) 

August 27 2019 GREEN CARD ISSUED

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No one gave my husband (fiance at the time) a DS-3025 at POE.  He gave them the envelope and he walked away empty handed except for his passport.

The clinic where he received his medical gave him a booklet with shot records, so we sent copies of that instead. 

I hope we didn't set ourselves up for an RFE!

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

4 hours ago, DownToEarth said:

I would spend the money and do it right. Do the vaccines and submit the paperwork before the I-94 expires. Here's why:

Filling 'out of status' was ignored before, but we've all seen the new changes that USCIS is going through. The future implications are unknown.

Come September, USCIS will no longer send RFE's. They can just reject you. Do you really want to risk it? $1225 vs the money for the vaccines?

The proof of I-693 or the DS-3025 is part of the documents required for filling for an adjustment of status, not for the interview for the green card.

Do it on time and do it right. Or else you risk the future of your married life in US.

Just my two cents.

I too agree with DownToEarth here. The current administration has been retroactively getting to naturalized residents at this point, and my husband has been making sure that there is no reason for them to get to me when my papers are due. It's a sign of the times :/

EAD/AP: Card received.

AOS: Case ready to be scheduled.

Spoiler

K1 Visa

Packet sent - 07/16/2017
NoA1 - 07/24/2017
NoA2 - 03/06/2018
Interview - 05/17/2018
Visa Received - 05/25/2018

AOS

Packet sent via USPS Priority Mail - 08/02/2018
Packet received at Chicago lockbox - 08/06/2018
Text & email notification received - 08/12/2018
NOA1 received by mail - 08/16/2018 (Notice date - 08/09/2018)
Biometrics appt letter received by mail - 08/24/2018 (Notice date - 08/17/2018)
RFIE received (birth cert + financial support docs) - 08/30/2018 (Notice date - 08/24/2018)
Biometrics appt - 09/04/2018
RFIE received at Lee's Summit - 10/01/2018
Interview ready to be scheduled - 10/10/2018

EAD/AP

Packet sent via USPS Priority Mail - 08/02/2018
Packet received at Chicago lockbox - 08/06/2018
Text & email notification received - 08/12/2018
NOA1 received by mail - 08/16/2018 (Notice date - 08/09/2018)
Case was approved (EAD) - 01/09/2019
Name was updated (AP) - 01/10/2019
Card was mailed (EAD) - 01/11/2019
Case was approved (AP) - 01/11/2019
Card was picked up by USPS - 01/14/2019
Card was received - 01/15/2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Just got my text message receipt from USCIS! What an exciting message! haha. Waiting for the mail copy now :D. 

Adjustment Of Status -> I-485

April-06-2018 - Married

Jul-31-2018 - Mailed AOS Package (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131)

Aug-02-2018 - AOS Package Delivered (According to USPS) 

Aug-09-2018 - Email & text notifications package received, money orders cashed 

Aug-13-2018 - Hardcopy NOA for I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 

Aug-17-2018 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Schedule

Aug-28-2018 - Biometrics Appointment Successful 

Nov-01-2018 - Change of Address Forms Sent

Nov-06-2018 - 90 Days since application received USCIS

Dec-13-2018 - Text Notification about Scheduling Interview

Dec-19-2018 - Text Notification that the EAD card is in Production

Dec-21-2018 - Text Notification that EAD card is on its way - arrive before Jan. 5

Dec-22-2018 -  Hardcopy Letter EAD and Advanced Parole card on its way

Dec-28-2018 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Mar-19-2019 - Received Email that our interview was scheduled. Waiting for the Hardcopy NOA

Mar-25-2019 - Received the Hardcopy NOA - Interview is Scheduled for May 2

May-02-2019 - Had Interview was Successful

May-06-2019 - Received Hardcopy Letter of Approval in the Mail

May-07-2019 - Status change - You will receive your Green Card by May 22, 2019

May-13-2019 - Card was Delivered to me by the Post Office - I-485

Petition to Remove Conditions -> I-751

February-02-2021 - Window to File Opened

March-05-2021 - Shipped package to Arizona dropbox via UPS

March-09-2021 - Package arrived to USCIS according to UPS shipping

April-07-2021 - Package returned due to Rejection - Outdated Forms

April-08-2021 - Shipped package back to Arizona after making corrections

April-12-2021 - Package was Received

April-30-2021 - Received the text message that the package was received and the check has been cashed, Back on Track, NOA Received with 18 months extension letter

May-11-2021 - Received Notice of Case updated to show fingerprints were taken

July-04-2021 - Moved and sent in Change of Address Form, NOA response immediately online

November-09-2021 - Received Second Extension Letter for 24 months

December-14-2022 - Received Permanent Resident Green Card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, guys!

Well, I just received my package back and I do not have good news. USCIS rejected my form because I filled the "Application Type" incorrectly. So, in order to make sure that I got all correctly this time, I would like to confirm something:

In the section "application type" for people who came with K1 visa, we should select  "immediate relative, Form I-130" or "K1 Visa, alien fiance of a US citizen". I selected both because I read on the internet that once you are married, you are a relative. But I guess I just had to choose one.

Hopefully, I can resend soon and my real waiting can start!

I'm looking forward to hearing back from someone who may help me!

Thank you, guys!

Edited by Lariviegas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

No one gave my husband (fiance at the time) a DS-3025 at POE.  He gave them the envelope and he walked away empty handed except for his passport.

The clinic where he received his medical gave him a booklet with shot records, so we sent copies of that instead. 

Hey girl!
Where did your husband do his medical? in Abuja?

Because the Lagos offices give the worksheet. U get the worksheet WHEN you do medical, not at POE.
The worksheet summarizes what is in the envelope that you give at POE. You keep worksheet and give them medical packet
And whatcha mean by "Booklet of records?" Could that be the worksheet we're talking about?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lariviegas said:

Hello, guys!

Well, I just received my package back and I do not have good news. USCIS rejected my form because I filled the "Application Type" incorrectly. So, in order to make sure that I got all correctly this time, I would like to confirm something:

In the section "application type" for people who came with K1 visa, we should select  "immediate relative, Form I-130" or "K1 Visa, alien fiance of a US citizen". I selected both because I read on the internet that once you are married, you are a relative. But I guess I just had to choose one.

Thank you, guys!

You pick one- correct choice is K1 visa
You are adjusting status based on the fact that you were admitted to the US as a K1 visa and are now married.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

I'm no expert, but maybe you could try to get in touch with the clinic who did the medical examination to your husband and ask if they included a copy of the DS3025 in the sealed packet he gave at the POE

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

Well, I just sent off my husband's AOS/EAD/AP Packet via FedEx, so will be arriving to Chicago, IL tomorrow!!!! Phase 2 of dealing with USCIS officially begins today!!! I see my wine shelves being restocked again!!! :P

Officially an August AOS filer now!!!! Let the waiting and nonsense begin!!! :clock:

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

14 hours ago, Unshakable Faith said:

The DS-3025 is not given at POE, it's given at the medical exam. The form list all the vaccinations/immunizations received and the dates they were received. The full, detailed medical exam report was in the manila envelope that your husband gave customs during POE. What the clinic gave him during his medical would be equivalent to the DS-3025.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Just saw in USPS the Chicago USCIS recieved my AOS package today , when should I expect to recieve text/email?

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

Timeline
10 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Just saw in USPS the Chicago USCIS recieved my AOS package today , when should I expect to recieve text/email?

Same here.... they received our AOS package this morning.... I think we should expect our NOA1 3 weeks from today...

Timeline
50 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

36 minutes ago, Joselio said:

Same here.... they received our AOS package this morning.... I think we should expect our NOA1 3 weeks from today...

Our package was received on August 2nd, and I received the NOA1 via email on August 7th. 
The official notice should arrive in the mail within 7-10, so yes, I guess the total waiting time for the NOA1 is around 2/3 weeks :) 

Edited by ababsurd

June 05-2021 ROC SE NT 

3 hours ago, ababsurd said:

Our package was received on August 2nd, and I received the NOA1 via email on August 7th. 
The official notice should arrive in the mail within 7-10, so yes, I guess the total waiting time for the NOA1 is around 2/3 weeks :) 

happy for you guys i was hoping to send stuff by this week but hopefully the next still waiting for the i693

22 hours ago, Lariviegas said:

Hello, guys!

Thank you, guys!

lot and lot of junk questions on those form anyway i still have one question as well regarding the affidavit i hope i'm right checking the first 2 box of part 3. please reply ASAP  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.