Isabella3

CEAC REFUSED status

78 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Those are blanket statements so to say. Like others have said, the CO can inform you of approval, but in final review that approval can be revoked through other findings after during AP or whatever the CO and reviewer deem as worthy of it.

Even when denied out right in the interview, whatever the CO may inform someone of as the reason for the denial, doesn't mean its the actual reason, sometimes it's like a smoke screen.

At this point like most have said either contact the embassy repeatedly and wait it out to see what happens with the status of what they say.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

3 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Those are blanket statements so to say. Like others have said, the CO can inform you of approval, but in final review that approval can be revoked through other findings after during AP or whatever the CO and reviewer deem as worthy of it.

Even when denied out right in the interview, whatever the CO may inform someone of as the reason for the denial, doesn't mean its the actual reason, sometimes it's like a smoke screen.

At this point like most have said either contact the embassy repeatedly and wait it out to see what happens with the status of what they say.

Thank you 😔

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Isabella3 said:

We really do not know what happens ... because the CO approved my visa in the interview and gave me the information to pick it up at DHL. I went to check my status in ais.usvisa, there they link me to ceac and ceac has two cases, one that says refused and another that says ready. have been updated today

Do you have a k2 case?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Isabella3 said:

What about what usembassy say:

At the end of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, the consular officer will inform you whether your visa application is approved or denied.

Visa approval - When approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you.

Visa denial - If denied, you will be informed why you are ineligible to receive a visa. Review About Visa Denials below and the Denials webpage for more detailed information.

That’s not always the case though. Because like others have said you can still be refused while in AP after the interview. They might dig deeper and find something they think is a reason for denial. You honestly don’t have much of a choice other than to keep trying with the embassy or wait for passport back in the mail with the denial letter explaining why. You keep saying you have two cases showing up on ceac, what do you mean by that? You are only given one number per visa application, did you apply to multiple visas?

Edited by TNJ17

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Isabella3 said:

No

Just as I remembered. Then there is a huge chance that this is a mistake and the case showing is not your case at all.

although I’m sure you checked; recheck(double check or even triple check your NVC case number) then contact embassy to tell them that your case status is showing 2 cases, but you do not have a k2. I sincerely think this is a mistake.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

That’s not always the case though. Because like others have said you can still be refused while in AP after the interview. They might dig deeper and find something they think is a reason for denial. You honestly don’t have much of a choice other than to keep trying with the embassy or wait for passport back in the mail with the denial letter explaining why. You keep saying you have two cases showing up on ceac, what do you mean by that? You are only given one number per visa application, did you apply to multiple visas?

Whenthere is a derivative, 1 case number would be connected to 2 cases with the addition number of (002,003...) this has nothing to do with what she does, it is given by NVC automatically.

however err she normally doesn’t have a derivative, that’s why it’s odd.

Edited by Naes

1 minute ago, Naes said:

Just as I remembered. Then there is a huge chance that this is a mistake and the case showing is not your case at all.

although I’m sure you checked; recheck(double check or even triple check your NVC case number) then contact embassy to tell them that your case status is showing 2 cases, but you do not have a k2. I sincerely think this is a mistake.

My fiancé called the embassy, but if it is not a fraud, they have a tape recorder. He send an email and we hope to receive an answer, he called NVC and they told him that if the CO approved the visa and was given a resolution it's all ... I spoke to the CAS (centro de atencion) to ask for my track number, the girl told me case is still open and have to wait 10 business days to get the number... so im still positive 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 hours ago, Isabella3 said:

hello ve family, I am some worried, last July 16

I had my interview, which consular officer approved my visa, reviewed my status on Friday and said "application received" ... today I check my status and says "Refused".

what am I supposed to do? What does it mean? :unsure:

I appreciate your support and advice 

E99D2BFE-98DA-4965-8719-7834F0BFEEE8.jpeg

A K-1 refusal means something came up from either your medical or your background check.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

My bet is that it is a glitch.  I am almost certain that you have been approved.  But all you can do now is wait.  God Bless, david

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, Isabella3 said:

hello ve family, I am some worried, last July 16

I had my interview, which consular officer approved my visa, reviewed my status on Friday and said "application received" ... today I check my status and says "Refused".

what am I supposed to do? What does it mean? :unsure:

I appreciate your support and advice 

E99D2BFE-98DA-4965-8719-7834F0BFEEE8.jpeg

21 hours ago, geowrian said:

Contact the consulate and ask about it. It's definitely possible to be refused after being approved at the interview if something comes up in final checks/processing. But it's not too common either. Only way to know is to ask.

@John & Rose went through a similar process
It does happen- where you are approved on the spot but during the administrative processing of the visa, something comes up.

And it's not usually clear what it is.
I'll defer to John on how he handled this? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One thing that always stuck with me was when I was given my appointment date by NVC. They stated not to make any plans until you have the actual Visa in hand. While this advice seems obvious it could not be any more true.

All sorts of things can happen after the interview. People who were denied might be able to submit information and get approved. People who are approved might get denied. In my case my passport was lost by Canada Post for several days. Honestly anything can happen. I can understand your anxiety as you can see the finish line but are not sure whether you have actually crossed it.

4 hours ago, emekus94 said:

@John & Rose went through a similar process
It does happen- where you are approved on the spot but during the administrative processing of the visa, something comes up.

And it's not usually clear what it is.
I'll defer to John on how he handled this? 

We ended up getting married in the Philippines and are in the CR-1 process now.  The CO took their passports and congratulated them and then we got the news that we were refused due to a stupid mistake I made while filling out the petition.  We were refused during AP after the successful interview.

All I can say is that it did hurt and it was difficult at first.  We know we will be together eventually so we decided the go the CR-1 route instead of another K-1.

You will get an explanation at some point.  Just stay positive and keep your eye on the prize.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.