Isabella3

CEAC REFUSED status

78 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Hmmmm it says immigrant visa refused but K1 is non immigrant. K1s are list as immigrant on ceac about 90% of the way until after interview it changes to non immigrant with a AP status. So maybe it’s a Something like the immigrant visa status says refused because it will then change to non immigrant. You’d have to wait for your passport in the mail to be sure but maybe it’s not a total loss just yet. Keep checking ceac every day until then.

Thank you!! I hope it's just a mistake

Keep us updated... I believe it’s just some rare mistake.

2017.11.16  I-129F submitted

2017.11.20  NoA1 via USCIS website

2017.12.01  I-797C received

2018.05.04 NoA2 via USCIS website

2018.05.08 I-797 received

2018.05.30  e-mail from NVC (case number 'in transit')

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I've seen other VJ members experience mistakes like this. While nobody can say for sure, I'm hopeful that it's truly a mistake in your case. You can certainly try to contact the embassy for clarification if you don't receive your passport back soon. Best of luck to you! My heart would sink too if I encountered a status like that.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

In the past when I have had glitches with processing or embassy questions I emailed the embassy to clear it up (petitioner),  I never expected my wife to deal with our officers or officials except for her time at the window.

Ask your petitioner to take these screenshots, put them in an email, and have the embassy clear this up and clarify what is going on.

12 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

In the past when I have had glitches with processing or embassy questions I emailed the embassy to clear it up (petitioner),  I never expected my wife to deal with our officers or officials except for her time at the window.

Ask your petitioner to take these screenshots, put them in an email, and have the embassy clear this up and clarify what is going on.

Thank you!!... he send an email, because the phone numbers from the embassy just have recording voices.

6 hours ago, shumway1756 said:

I've seen other VJ members experience mistakes like this. While nobody can say for sure, I'm hopeful that it's truly a mistake in your case. You can certainly try to contact the embassy for clarification if you don't receive your passport back soon. Best of luck to you! My heart would sink too if I encountered a status like that.

I’m so depressed 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unfortunately, they can find things in their final checks during AP and refuse a visa even after the CO approved during the interview.  You'll be notified soon, but as much as I hate to say it, it's probably not a glitch or a mistake.  While those do happen, they are extremely rare.  Sadly, all you can do is what to hear from the embassy.  Really sorry to see this, it's a terrible situation.  Starting to think about a CR1 would be a good idea.

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

8 minutes ago, Dave_and_Jessa said:

Unfortunately, they can find things in their final checks during AP and refuse a visa even after the CO approved during the interview.  You'll be notified soon, but as much as I hate to say it, it's probably not a glitch or a mistake.  While those do happen, they are extremely rare.  Sadly, all you can do is what to hear from the embassy.  Really sorry to see this, it's a terrible situation.  Starting to think about a CR1 would be a good idea.

I really appreciate your comment ... we keep looking for more news. On the embassy page, it says that the one who makes the final decision is the consular officer. and everywhere it says the same, it can only be denied when it is reviewed by the uscis and later in the interview ... I want to continue thinking that it was a mistake. everything is in God hands

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

We have had "refused" as a status on CEAC website for a month now. I have been told via email from the US embassy in San Salvador that my husband is not refused, that he is in administrative processing (he was given a 221g at the interview, and all requested paperwork was turned in). However, the status has not changed. In my experience, I believe the refused status is a mistake. Hope it all works out for you.

15 minutes ago, Joy&Fred said:

We have had "refused" as a status on CEAC website for a month now. I have been told via email from the US embassy in San Salvador that my husband is not refused, that he is in administrative processing (he was given a 221g at the interview, and all requested paperwork was turned in). However, the status has not changed. In my experience, I believe the refused status is a mistake. Hope it all works out for you.

To clarify, he was refused under 221g. This refusal is being overcome via submitting additional documentation. The status just hasn't updated back to AP.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Technically you're never really approved on the actual interview, you're only approved once the status shows "issued". They shouldn't even give people a letter that says approved at the time of the interview since there's still more info for them to go through before they can actually approve and issue the visa. Anything can come up after the interview in the final check-ups. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

To clarify, he was refused under 221g. This refusal is being overcome via submitting additional documentation. The status just hasn't updated back to AP.

We really do not know what happens ... because the CO approved my visa in the interview and gave me the information to pick it up at DHL. I went to check my status in ais.usvisa, there they link me to ceac and ceac has two cases, one that says refused and another that says ready. have been updated today

1 minute ago, Scandi said:

Technically you're never really approved on the actual interview, you're only approved once the status shows "issued". They shouldn't even give people a letter that says approved at the time of the interview since there's still more info for them to go through before they can actually approve and issue the visa. Anything can come up after the interview in the final check-ups. 

I understand... I don’t know what’s going on. This is the paper that the CO gave me, where say that the visa has been approved. 

4B5F153E-6433-4833-A197-8F509D959A1D.thumb.jpeg.ad713522b555ce2764d06e66851b0140.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Scandi said:

What about what usembassy say:

At the end of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, the consular officer will inform you whether your visa application is approved or denied.

Visa approval - When approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you.

Visa denial - If denied, you will be informed why you are ineligible to receive a visa. Review About Visa Denials below and the Denials webpage for more detailed information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.