Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am sorry for scaring anyone, but i think we need to share this experience cuz this can obviously happen. I was sitting in my little pink bubble reading of all those people havin no issues =/ .. I am here in the end I mean and my Stamp is until January 3rd, BUT you never know what they wrote down in their computer..Cuz i said i will attend the flight on December 12th,.. though LEGAL it is January 3rd,.. ummm you never know if K1 is influenced by you staying over your statement to the officer =/

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Lisa, when was the last time you were in the US? I've noticed a pattern at least with myself and my fiance that if you've been recently (like a month or two ago) they give you a hard time. If its been more than a couple of months, they don't question you as much. Yankee love mentioned that they were just there about a month ago which I think might explain the heavy questioning.

Yeah I really hope thats the case, I havent visited him since June 10th and I fly November 9th. I will take everything I have as this really needs to be a trip I make!!

I have both job letters, return flight date, car insurance lease thats still got months left on it, phone bills, and letter from my rents to say they expect me back January 6th.

I am going to br bricking it now but all you can do is make sure you got stuff and hope for the best. I will bring a copy of the NOA1, NOA2 ( if I have it then - unlikely!!)and some stuff I included in the packet. Urgh another thing to be worried about :wacko: How much ####### do they expect us to take - I just want to visit my OH!!

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

I am sorry for scaring anyone, but i think we need to share this experience cuz this can obviously happen. I was sitting in my little pink bubble reading of all those people havin no issues =/ .. I am here in the end I mean and my Stamp is until January 3rd, BUT you never know what they wrote down in their computer..Cuz i said i will attend the flight on December 12th,.. though LEGAL it is January 3rd,.. ummm you never know if K1 is influenced by you staying over your statement to the officer =/

Albiet scary, it needs to be said. You always wish you may be the one just floats through with no issues but the likely hood is - that wont happen! Best to be fore-warned, prepared and ready rather than oblivious and niave :blush:

NOA1 - 17th July '10
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11

Removal Of Conditions.

NOA1 -

Timeline

Yeah I really hope thats the case, I havent visited him since June 10th and I fly November 9th. I will take everything I have as this really needs to be a trip I make!!

I have both job letters, return flight date, car insurance lease thats still got months left on it, phone bills, and letter from my rents to say they expect me back January 6th.

I am going to br bricking it now but all you can do is make sure you got stuff and hope for the best. I will bring a copy of the NOA1, NOA2 ( if I have it then - unlikely!!)and some stuff I included in the packet. Urgh another thing to be worried about :wacko: How much ####### do they expect us to take - I just want to visit my OH!!

I'm confident that you'll be fine. It'll have been almost half a year since the last time you entered the US. You'll have tons of stuff to show them if they ask for it, and as long as you're honest and you stay calm, I really believe it won't be a problem. I mean, despite the awful experience, they did let Yankee Love in. You'll get in too. I'll cross my fingers for you anyway though. :)

Thanks hun, so the 4 week count down of getting everything organised!!

So when im entering, its a postive thing to say I am visiting my fiance? Not just boyfriend, friends or say im just visiting?

Edited by Lucy NY

NOA1 - 17th July '10
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11

Removal Of Conditions.

NOA1 -

Timeline

I find it's best to tell the truth. If they never directly ask you who you're staying with or who you're here to see, then by all means don't bring it up. But if asked a direct question, you have to answer honestly.

Hopefully you will receive your NOA2 soon and you will know the end is in sight and maybe feel that paying extra money to extend your plane ticket isn't worth it.

However, it is perfectly legal to change your travel plans. It's highly unlikely that it would come up at your interview, but if it did you have a perfect explanation: you were told you couldn't visit again, you didn't know when your visa would be approved and so had no idea how long it would be until you next saw your fiance, and so decided that you would make the most of your time with him (and your grandmother) and stay an extra month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Talked to an Immigration Lawyer and a good one in fact and he recommnended me not even to try to go over December 12th. Cuz at my Interview later in the K1,.. it will come up why I am not in the System listed for December 12th but for the Expiration of my VWP,.. he also said, not to try to come back at all, just like Immigration said, they wanna see a Visa, they mean it, he says they will have it written down veeery Detailed in their Computer :)

LEGAL after LAW i could stay, BUT it will come up in the INTERVIEW why I did it, when I stated and had evidence I have to return back Dec.12th !!

So i will stick to that!

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

I figured I can chime in here now that I'm happily in the US for the next month :) I went through in Ottawa on Tuesday, and while it was the most I'd ever been questioned, it still wasn't some terribly intimidating experience. I was nervous because I'm recently unemployed and I live with my parents, so had no lease to show them and no employment letter. All I had in hand was a return ticket and my NOA1. I was honest and polite and it helped immensely. Usually I get asked where I'm going, and they send me on my way. This time was a little different and went like this:

POE: How are you today?

ME: Great thanks, how are you?

POE: Good, thank you for asking! Nobody ever asks. Where are you headed?

ME: Wisconsin.

POE: What's in Wisconsin?

ME: My fiance.

POE: How long have you known each other?

ME: Six years.

POE: And he's an American citizen?

ME: Yes.

POE: *looking through my passport* Uh huh and have you met in person before?

ME: Yes, many times.

POE: Where do you work?

ME: I'm recently unemployed. I worked for the federal government up until last week or so.

POE: So what do you do now?

ME: Taking advantage of some time off and going on vacation.

POE: Do you have a return ticket?

ME: Yes I do. *gives it to him*

POE: And you have a permanent residence in Canada?

ME: Yes, I do.

POE: Show me a driver's license. I need to know you aren't abandoning your residence.

ME: *gives him driver's license* (not sure how that proves I'm not abandoning my residence, but whatever)

POE: So you're due back in Canada on November 4th?

ME: That's correct.

POE: Ok, since you have a return ticket, enjoy your trip!

It was about five minutes, really, and while I was shaking because I was terrified of getting turned away... everything was fine. :) I hadn't been in the USA since March of this year, so I think that helped as well. But if I didn't have a return ticket, I'm almost 100% sure I wouldn't have been allowed in.

Edited by Coconuts

That's great Coconuts! I'm so happy you made it in ok. As I said before, my fiance is here for the week and had no trouble in customs whatsoever. He told them he was visiting his fiancee and they didn't even ask him for paperwork or a return ticket. Took 5 minutes.

He is leaving Sunday. :(

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi Guys,

How are you ? I send this post just because i m a little scared ! First i explain you my situation with my boyfriend and then my problem !

Me and Gene (my fiancé):

I went to USA like an aupair, from january 2009 til August 2010. At the end of October 2009 i met on the web my fiancé, we met each other for real on November 29,2009 and we was officialy together in December 11, 2009. We was together every week ends, he is from Baltimore and me i was living to Washington DC, so between our job s hours and an hour drive between our houses, it was the only time when we could see each other. So every friday night after his job he was driving to my house to pick me up for the week end and drove me back on sunday night. I was to his house all the time i had vacations. I spent my last month in USA at his house. We talked about marry each other since few months, because when you know that it 's the good person, it's the good one :) ! But we wanted to see if our feeling will change with the distance and the fact that i was coming back in my country that i missed so much. We never know in this situation, when you come back in your country, with your family and friends and your old life, maybe you change your mind. So we didn t start any papers for the visa ... Know we are sure that we really want to marry each other, and we are doing the file. He is waiting for a letter from me with papers for him, so when he have this letter he could send our file for the K1 visa.

My problem now :

At the beggining of september i bought a airplane tickets to go to visit him 3 months : From December 28 to March 25. But the problem is that we didnt really think about the fact that we will be in this situation with the visa. And i didn t really know that it was that complicated to go back in USA like a visitor. Espacialy with a fiancé. So i came here and readed all the post about it, and that's scared me a lot because we need lot of papers to prouve that we are not here to marry somebody. And me i don t have all that stuff. I came back to leave to my parents house so no rent, i took a prepaid phone so no bills, i didn t take a complimentary health insurance because i didn t wanted to pay for one year if i was leaving, because it's lot of money. So i don t have nothing !!! I means nothing like that . I have few stuff like :

* I could ask for two jobs letter : One will be for April to june and the other one july to august.

* I have a little health problem (tyroyde problem), i need to take medecine every morning, and i will need an appointement with my doctor and the blood draw when i come back so i could have appointment dates, and have just 3 months of medecine that gonna proof that i need to come back to France for my medecine.

* I could have a copy of the 129 F

* I have a come back ticket

Do you think that i could ask my host parents to give me a letter about the fact that i will come to visit them too, not just my boyfriend ???

I m so scared !!!!

Kissssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Pauline

OUR STORY

We met on the web : Begining of November.

We met For Real: November 29,2009.

We are officialy a couple since : December 11, 2009.

Our first Week end to NY : December 12, 2009.

Our first Christmas : January 2, 2010. (i was to Seattle for christmas and him to Tennessee)

Our first Valentin's day : February 14, 2010.

Came to leave with him at the end of my aupair year : July 12, 2010.

Our first vacation together in his family (Tennessee): July 26 to August 2, 2010.

He asked me to marry him on : August 10, 2010.

I left USA for France on : August 11, 2010.

We are far from each other : since August 11, 2010.

VISA FIANCE :

Date I-129F Sent : October 16, 2010.

Date I-129F NOA1 : October 29, 2010.

Came Back to visit him from December 28, 2010 to March 25, 2011

NOA2: April 20, 2011.

Package 3 : May 11, 2011

Package 3 Sent : May 12, 2011:)

Package 4 : May 26, 2011

Dr Slattery appointment : June 8, 2011 (APPROVED)

Interview Date : June 9, 2011 (APPROVED)

Visa Recieved : June 15,2011 :)

Flight back : June 18, 2011 :)

Wedding : August 27, 2011 :)

Timeline

Nobody can help me ?

OUR STORY

Our first Christmas : January 2, 2010. (i was to Seattle for christmas and him to Tennessee)

Our first vacation together in his family (Tennessee): July 26 to August 2, 2010.

VISA FIANCE :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No-one can tell you for 100% certain. It looks okay to me but CBP might look differently. The only way to know for sure is to try. Good luck!

Timeline

Thank you

OUR STORY

VISA FIANCE :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.