Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,457 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I have a question regarding the entry to the US. My fiancé has posted the required documents for the K1, and I am visiting her in a month or so on the visa waiver program (I'm Australian).

If I am questioned for my purpose of visit, should I state that I am going to visit my fiancé, even though the K1 will be in the processing stage?

She has already sent the I-129F form to the Vermont office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

I have a question regarding the entry to the US. My fiancé has posted the required documents for the K1, and I am visiting her in a month or so on the visa waiver program (I'm Australian).

If I am questioned for my purpose of visit, should I state that I am going to visit my fiancé, even though the K1 will be in the processing stage?

She has already sent the I-129F form to the Vermont office.

I have been at least through 3 visits in the US in different stages of the K1 (the last one was while my interview date was already set)

never a problem

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Does anybody have any experience coming in as a business visitor (B-1) while the K-1 petition is pending? My fiance wants to come in on the business visitor visa as he has before, so he wouldn't really need to say we have the K-1 pending since the purpose of his visit isn't to see me, but to conduct business and leave when he is done. But I want to make sure we do it the right way. Any thoughts?

did both, entry on business and pleasure while K1 pending, while I took also the occasion on the B1 to see my fiance (secondary reason to visit)

never a problem, just answer the questions of the officer don't say what you are not asked

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Also, since we only see each other once a year, he's going to be here six weeks... I'm worried the long wait will be an issue, but he will have a letter from work, his landlord, and his mom saying he's coming home.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Guys, I hate to sound ignorant here but here I go:

My Girlfriend and I are in the k1 process (NOA1 received) she does not have a tourist visa but her Brother lives in the US (greencard) for the last 12 years. Can she actually come here to see him and me at the same time? he only lives 150 miles from me. I thought if you didn't have a visa you immediately got turned back at customs.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 05/16/2010

I-129F NOA1 : 05/21/2010

Touched! : 06/30/2010

I-129F NOA2 E-Mail: 07/01/2010

VSC Received 07/03/2010

Sent to Consolute 07/08/2010

Consulate Recieve 07/13/2010

Downloaded Packet 3 07/13/2010

Faxed packet 3 07/14/2010

E-Mailed Packet 3 07/21/2010

Interview Scheduled 09/02/2010

Approved! 09/02/2010

POE Fort Lauderdale 09/02/2010

Married 10/10/2010

Timeline

Hey Guys, I hate to sound ignorant here but here I go:

My Girlfriend and I are in the k1 process (NOA1 received) she does not have a tourist visa but her Brother lives in the US (greencard) for the last 12 years. Can she actually come here to see him and me at the same time? he only lives 150 miles from me. I thought if you didn't have a visa you immediately got turned back at customs.

she needs a tourist visa to enter the US, if she decide to apply for a tourist visa it will be denied because now is running the process to apply for K1 visa

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Timeline

she needs a tourist visa to enter the US, if she decide to apply for a tourist visa it will be denied because now is running the process to apply for K1 visa

Is it because she is Latin American Vs. European? what if we just wanted to take a cruise out of Miami?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 05/16/2010

I-129F NOA1 : 05/21/2010

Touched! : 06/30/2010

I-129F NOA2 E-Mail: 07/01/2010

VSC Received 07/03/2010

Sent to Consolute 07/08/2010

Consulate Recieve 07/13/2010

Downloaded Packet 3 07/13/2010

Faxed packet 3 07/14/2010

E-Mailed Packet 3 07/21/2010

Interview Scheduled 09/02/2010

Approved! 09/02/2010

POE Fort Lauderdale 09/02/2010

Married 10/10/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So I posted this in it's own topic but it's pretty relevant so I thought I'd post it here and see if anyone has any insight.

I'm pretty sure my fiance has been put on some sort of government watch list. He used to have no problem coming to visit me and other friends in the US but lately every time he flies the ticket agent puts SSSS in great big red letters on his boarding pass. He gets pulled aside for extra security before boarding both on his way into the US as well as on his way out. He also always gets pulled aside for secondary screening at immigration. Always.

I'm wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation and if anyone has tried filing for a redress number?http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/customer/redress/index.shtm

He's never overstayed on the VWP, never even come close to the 90 day limit. Never been denied entry or anything like that (at least not yet! :unsure: ) and neither of us are sure why he's been watch listed. :(

Is it because she is Latin American Vs. European? what if we just wanted to take a cruise out of Miami?

Its the law. All foreign nationals need a VISA to enter the US for a "specific reason". Unless their country is listed under the VISA WAIVER PROGRAM. I believe Colombia is not listed as WVP country so they will need some sort of visa to visit such as a Tourist/Visitor Visa called a

B-1/B-2.

For more information check here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/questions/what/what_4429.html

Edited by MrTee12

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I just made it back to Canada after visiting for 2 weeks. When I showed up at US Customs, they took me to the secondary area and asked me a bunch of questions. I had a lot of documentation proving my ties and they let me through quite quickly. Yay! The officer did say that I had to be back on the day I was scheduled to be back though, or else my future travels and immigration matters would be affected negatively. So now, after being denied entry in March, I finally have a visit under my belt with no overstay so I'm hoping when I want to go back in a few months, it won't be so nerve racking. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

My fiancé just arrived in LAX and had no problems whatsoever at the POE. He wasn't even questioned, said he was visiting his fiancé and that was it.

Thank you for sharing; it's encouraging to know. My fiancee visits next month, so I'm hopeful things will go smoothly.

31-Mar-2010 I-129F Sent (using USPS Express Mail)

01-Apr-2010 I-129F Received by Vermont USCIS

02-Apr-2010 NOA1 sent (USCIS website)

05-Apr-2010 Check cashed

06-Apr-2010 Touched

07-Apr-2010 Touched

10-Apr-2010 NOA1 Hard Copy Received

21-Jun-2010 NOA2 sent (USCIS website)

26-Jun-2010 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

03-Jul-2010 Packet 3 received

07-Sep-2010 K-1 Interview - Approved!

10-Sep-2010 Visa received

20-Oct-2010 Fiancée arrives in U.S.

13-Nov-2010 Wedding

01-Dec-2010 AOS Sent (using USPS Express Mail)

02-Dec-2010 AOS Received by Chicago USCIS

09-Dec-2010 AOS RFE - Incorrect amount on check (application fees increased)

14-Dec-2010 Received RFE from Chicago USCIS

15-Dec-2010 Resent RFE'd AOS (using USPS Express Mail)

16-Dec-2010 RFE'd AOS Received by Chicago USCIS

21-Dec-2010 NOA1 sent (USCIS mail notification)

23-Dec-2010 Notification for ASC Appointment

30-Dec-2010 NOA1 Hard Copy Received (was away on vacation)

18-Jan-2011 NOA for I485 transfer to California USCIS office

20-Jan-2011 ASC Appointment done

16-Feb-2011 NOA for AOS Approval

23-Feb-2011 NOA for AOS Approval Hard Copy Received

23-Feb-2011 Two-year green card received

19-Nov-2012 I-751 Sent (using USPS Express Mail)

20-Nov-2012 I-751 Received by Vermont USCIS

04-May-2013 NOA for Received Removal of Conditional Basis Received

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hi...I'm new to this website but have found it extremely helpful so thanks to all!

I have a couple of things to add/ask, which might be stupid questions, but not sure...

1- Couldn't you easily book a two-week roundtrip ticket, have your itinerary with you & then change your flight back through the airline while you're visiting, thus extending your visit? As long as it's within the 3 months you're alloted, wouldn't it reduce extraneous questioning at your POE? You're not breaking any rules.

2- I'm wondering if the immigration officers already know you've filed for the K1 visa? Would they have that information readily available to them? I'm thinking if they see someone visiting a friend/girlfriend for 2 weeks, that's going to cause less questioning than someone who's coming for 3 months to visit their fiance.

K1 Timeline:

9.10.10 - Mailed I-129F

9.14.10 - Received in Dallas, signed for by L. Walker.

9.20.10 - Check cashed

2.7.11 - NOA2 via email

3.31.11 - Medical interview

4.4.11 - Mailed packet 3 and paid visa fee

4.26.11 - Visa interview appointment, 9am

4.26.11 - Visa APPROVED!!!

5.4.11 - Visa delivered

5.25.11 - POE: Chicago

6.5.11 - Wedding in Omaha

AOS:

6.18.11 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

6.20.11 - Received in Chicago/check cashed

6.27.11 - NOA1 recieved for all three (AOS/EAD/AP)

7.26.11 - Biometrics appointment, 2pm

8.4.11 - Transfered to CSC

8.11.11 - EAD approved!!! (checked website)

9.14.11 - Green card approved!! (checked website)

9.19.11 - Green card in hand. Nothing further until 9/1/13!

"Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.