Michele and Adam

Yes, you can visit!

2,472 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, waiting4visas said:

Thanks

Without a proper visa, she won't be allowed to board a flight.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just weighing in here! My (US) partner (UK) and I have been visiting each other back and forth for years at this point, but he just visited for a 3 month period and the VISA application did not come up at all in customs. I know that's a big worry that TSA will see your pending application and not let you in, but it wasn't an issue.

He however WAS taken into secondary interrogation and was VERY close to not being let in the country because they were suspicious of him trying to live here since the stay was long. They searched his bag and thought because he was bringing his laptop for gaming that he was actually trying to work here. He's self employed as a carpenter back home and works part time in a bakery as well, but they didn't really believe him when he explained how his range of income varies dependent on his work, and I also suspect that they took his self employed situation to mean that he didn't have strong enough ties at home to go back.

I'd say even if you do have the ability to visit for longer periods, it's probably a lot safer to keep your visits short while your VISA is processing. But all this to say, my fiance was let in the country and we enjoyed our stay. It IS possible to visit.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

My fiancée's German passport expires this June, which means she'd have to file a new ESTA once the passport is renewed. Considering that there's a I129F processing with her name on it, will that ESTA be just turned down? I know that attempting to get a B visa with one of these petitions in the queue is a virtual nonstarter. We're just curious as my fiancee would very much like to spend the holidays in the states with our friends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

No

No as in the ESTA will likely be approved, or no, my fiancée should hold off on trying to enter the USA until all is said and done with the visa

Timeline

You posted on page 16 of a thread of people discussing their visits during the process

I am also not sure if you need a new ESTA when you renew your passport, it would be easy enough to check

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...

No, you can't really. Especially if you are not from an ESTA country. The CO simply told me "you cannot visit as a tourist while you have a pending K1 petition." No other reason.

Edited by Xereon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Xereon said:

No, you can't really. Especially if you are not from an ESTA country. The CO simply told me "you cannot visit as a tourist while you have a pending K1 petition." No other reason.

The CO was wrong. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Xereon said:

We are on page 162 of a thread where posters say otherwise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 3/10/2023 at 4:22 PM, Boiler said:

You posted on page 16 of a thread of people discussing their visits during the process

I am also not sure if you need a new ESTA when you renew your passport, it would be easy enough to check

New ESTA  is needed if the passport number changes 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you don’t have a visa, for obvious reasons you can not visit, if applied and get it, very lucky. I don’t talk about Esta, I don’t know the process 

I did travel with B1 visa while K1 in process, never told I could not travel. Seems things changed since 2018

®️

49 minutes ago, Boiler said:

We are on page 162 of a thread where posters say otherwise.

Does it really matter though? You can be on the 5,000th page but this is a real experience. Hence, why I underline. Situation depends on the country you are applying from. 

In some countries, regardless of your situation or position, they see people from that country not wanting to return to their home country once permitted to enter the USA. Hope that clarifies it a bit more. 

3 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

The CO was wrong. 

Thank you. All I wanted to do was to visit my fiancée for an important event, and then come back to my home country to continue waiting and attending my business. But I wasn't even asked much details. They directly asked how I met my fiancée and what she does for a living. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Xereon said:

Thank you. All I wanted to do was to visit my fiancée for an important event, and then come back to my home country to continue waiting and attending my business. But I wasn't even asked much details. They directly asked how I met my fiancée and what she does for a living. 

So you do not have a visa, you do not qualify to use the VWP or you are not Canadian.

Not a situation being discussed in this thread.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.