1,939 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

I was one of those idiots that went in too early.  They sent it for manual verification. SAVE has since sent it back to SSA but I am on week 2 and no card. :(  

I was one of them, too :D 

But I got it a few days after I could finally find the case on my I-94 number and not just my passport number. Just over two weeks. Not too bad in hindsight.

h

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just now, LizM said:

I was one of them, too :D 

But I got it a few days after I could finally find the case on my I-94 number and not just my passport number. Just over two weeks. Not too bad in hindsight.

Sorry, i take the word idiot back.  We are all just eager to get stuff done quickly.  I was taking advantage of a day off of work and figured he was already in the system.  

4 minutes ago, mcgee201 said:

Darn it. I guess I got bad advice :(

There are a few banks that'll take you without SSN, such as BoA and TD Bank. Go create accounts there, and open a secured credit card. You don't necessarily need to fall behind in building your credit score just because no SSN :)  

That is really the only thing I've used my SSN for since I got it anyway (but only because my husband's bank required it).

h

3 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

Sorry, i take the word idiot back.  We are all just eager to get stuff done quickly.  I was taking advantage of a day off of work and figured he was already in the system.  

I sort of had no choice. We were getting married within a few days of my arrival, and I wanted to apply before marriage because I had heard it might be tough after (although it should not depend on marriage, but the validity of the I-94, just that all SSA people don't know that). The only thing it screwed up for me was getting cleared with a non-profit to start volunteering for them (this was pushed back by a whole month, I only got cleared just yesterday actually).

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Christy&J said:

First of all !!! hey Jax folks !

punch holes shall be no problems as all the writtenpages are readable

:)

Thank you so much for help and quick response 

11 hours ago, Naes said:

Yeah I just saw the inbox- finally in US so trying to answer messages and clean :) 

just moved tothe new house 😊 3 more weeks till wedding so I’ll probably be an august filer... (or again a September filer...)

Yay! Congratulations. Feeling good?

I came in at night, and my plane hovered over the ocean for quite some time while waiting for a landing slot. Then the city started getting smaller and smaller I was convinced that I would just never land. Like it was just all too good to be true. That is how sleep deprived I was from all the packing and goodbyes... :P

h

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, mcgee201 said:

Darn it. I guess I got bad advice :(

Yea. It happens
Lawyers seem to not be helpful with these cases

When did you POE?
nevermind. Just looked at your timeline- lol
I suppose when you filed for EAD, you told them to give you an SS?

If so, then you gotta wait till you get EAD before getting an SS
SS comes with the EAD. If you try to get one whilst your EAD is pending, that's going to cause u headaches down the road. (having two socials in the system for the same person)

Timeline
1 hour ago, DPP123 said:

LOL- That eagerness to do things! Right there with you girl
But luckily for me, I married the world's most patient person. He thought a month delay to slow down things shouldn't be an issue. So we decided on baby steps to avoid having to jump hoops later on

Applied for his almost a month after he came in. and basically got it around 6 weeks from POE (we changed addresses).
was okay for us. We had it right after our marriage. so then we went ahead and did bank, lease, school etc. My apartment would not put you on the lease without SS and neither would my bank. And we weren't interested in going to another bank JUST to bypass SS. That seemed more of a headache than anything :rofl:so yea

Don't worry though.
Don't focus too much on the SS. As long as you applied before I-94 expires, you should be good
I wager you getting it by next week

I do suggest either calling/visiting the office you went in to apply for originally and seeing if they have an update from the manual verification. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

LOL- That eagerness to do things! Right there with you girl
But luckily for me, I married the world's most patient person. He thought a month delay to slow down things shouldn't be an issue. So we decided on baby steps to avoid having to jump hoops later on

Applied for his almost a month after he came in. and basically got it around 6 weeks from POE (we changed addresses).
was okay for us. We had it right after our marriage. so then we went ahead and did bank, lease, school etc. My apartment would not put you on the lease without SS and neither would my bank. And we weren't interested in going to another bank JUST to bypass SS. That seemed more of a headache than anything :rofl:so yea

Don't worry though.
Don't focus too much on the SS. As long as you applied before I-94 expires, you should be good
I wager you getting it by next week

I do suggest either calling/visiting the office you went in to apply for originally and seeing if they have an update from the manual verification. 

LOL.. my husband (the beneficiary ) is the patient one.  I am the rush rush... let's go one in the relationship.  Well lesson learned.  I will call next week if we still haven't heard anything.  Right now we are in no rush for his SSN except his traveler's insurance is good until August 15 and I can't put him on mine until he has an SSN. He said he will just extend the travelers insurance if he has so.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

LOL.. my husband (the beneficiary ) is the patient one.  I am the rush rush... let's go one in the relationship.  Well lesson learned.  I will call next week if we still haven't heard anything.  Right now we are in no rush for his SSN except his traveler's insurance is good until August 15 and I can't put him on mine until he has an SSN. He said he will just extend the travelers insurance if he has so.  

Yep
Forgot about health insurance too! lol
And most jobs have a 30 days rule- as in you must add within 30 days of marriage or wait until he next enrollment period so make sure that doesn't apply to you!

but yea. It's okay. It will all work
I've learned this process is SLOWWWWWWW to death. Every little thing is taking till kingdom come. Best you take it day by day before we all grow bald at the end :rofl:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Yep
Forgot about health insurance too! lol
And most jobs have a 30 days rule- as in you must add within 30 days of marriage or wait until he next enrollment period so make sure that doesn't apply to you!

but yea. It's okay. It will all work
I've learned this process is SLOWWWWWWW to death. Every little thing is taking till kingdom come. Best you take it day by day before we all grow bald at the end :rofl:

You are gonna cause me a heart attack.  Just looked.  It's 60 days for me.  Phewwwwwww

Timeline
4 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

You are gonna cause me a heart attack.  Just looked.  It's 60 days for me.  Phewwwwwww

lol
sorry girl! :wub:

Just heard an awful story on the forum a while back
A lady was pregnant now but without insurance cuz her husband missed the 30 day period to add her to his insurance and people recommending her only choice was to see if she can qualify for a traveler's. Wouldn't want that happening to you (well you won't be pregnant cuz u the USC but you know what I mean). lol

Timeline
Just now, emekus94 said:

lol
sorry girl! :wub:

Just heard an awful story on the forum a while back
A lady was pregnant now but without insurance cuz her husband missed the 30 day period to add her to his insurance and people recommending her only choice was to see if she can qualify for a traveler's. Wouldn't want that happening to you (well you won't be pregnant cuz u the USC but you know what I mean). lol

I seriously dislike health insurance companies.  But thanks for looking out :)  My husband would be going nuts.  I am not sure if its a European thing but the man doesn't go anywhere without being medically covered.  I guess it that social medicine in Spain  lmfao  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 2018/7/23 at 4:03 PM, ashleykay said:

Hello July filers!

Sent my AOS off on the 10th and it was received on the 11th. Still waiting on my NOA..today will be the 8th business day...Getting rather nervous. Money order hasn't been cashed yet. Anybody on the same date still waiting?

Hi :) first time writing here. 

Im also getting anxious since I have not received any NOA and found this topic. 

I mailed AOS on 09Jul

delivered to Lockbox on 12Jul (by UPS tracking)

still any news...

So I called USCIS and told situation. He checked with my Alian number but he couldn’t find my application 😱😱

what can we do anything else but waiting :’( ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, mcgee201 said:

Also, how have you guys gotten SSN already? My lawyer said that you have to have an EAD in order  to get a SSN and directed me to this website: https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/ss5doc.htm which also stated that. Is it different by state?

hey!! Here in iowa they needed my passport,visa , i 94 and birth certificate i got my SNN in less than a month.

• Aug 22, 2017          -           I-129F SENT
  • Aug 24, 2017          -           NOA1 (I-129F received)
  • Feb 21, 2018           -           NOA 2 (181 days)
  • Mar 09, 2018          -           NVC # 
  • Mar 13, 2018          -           Consulate Received (MUMBAI, INDIA)
  • Mar 26, 2018           -           Packet 4 Received
  • Apr 06, 2018           -           Interview(APPROVED)
  • Apr 10, 2018            -           Visa Received
  • Apr 18, 2018            -            US Entry
  • JUN 23, 2018           -           Married 
  • JUL 23, 2018            -           AOS filed
  • AUG 20, 2018          -            BIOMETRICS 
  • DEC 06,2018            -            EAD/AP RECEIVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.