1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Finally got the NOA1 text and e-mail around midnight (Sunday) with 19th of July NOA date. (Least on the website) Sent everything in on the 13th.

Now let's see how long it will take the biometrics app... I will be out of town for a while so I am really concerned.... What happens if I miss the appointment and need to reschedule?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
45 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Finally got the NOA1 text and e-mail around midnight (Sunday) with 19th of July NOA date. (Least on the website) Sent everything in on the 13th.

Now let's see how long it will take the biometrics app... I will be out of town for a while so I am really concerned.... What happens if I miss the appointment and need to reschedule?

Am not sure about the "what happens" part
But if you have to reschedule, you can. I believe when you get the letter, it walks you through how to do that

Just know it might not be anytime soon with the type of backup we're having with USCIS

Timeline
2 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Am not sure about the "what happens" part
But if you have to reschedule, you can. I believe when you get the letter, it walks you through how to do that

Just know it might not be anytime soon with the type of backup we're having with USCIS

Yeah... That's why I was hoping for an earlier NOA date.... I read that you can go to a different place to do the biometrics but if I won't have the letter before we leave then that is not an option :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well you're not alone lol.. mine send july 3 never recieve notice yet lol.. they said when i call normally 21 days ugh.. but why other just a week..

Edited by lorie L.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kels00 said:

Is it ok that my package was delivered 12th and no update yet. This is the second week already 

You can try to call them. Did they cash your check or something? According to an USCIS call center person it can take up to 10 days to get an electronic NOA1. Did you file the G-1145 form to get e-mail or text notification?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kels00 said:

Is it ok that my package was delivered 12th and no update yet. This is the second week already 

I heard many in June get it quiter "later" too. 
Technically, you need to give USCIS 30 days -- so in short, yes. It's okay
It's frustrating but okay. Wouldn't panic yet

Let's see how the rest of the day/week goes. Cuz some 13th folks got their alerts this morning
Fingers crossed for you. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Yeah... That's why I was hoping for an earlier NOA date.... I read that you can go to a different place to do the biometrics but if I won't have the letter before we leave then that is not an option :(

When do you leave?
Am hearing Biometrics coming in like 2-3 days after NOA1 hardcopies so unless you leave like tomorrow, you might still be fine?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, ineedadisplayname said:

You can try to call them. Did they cash your check or something? According to an USCIS call center person it can take up to 10 days to get an electronic NOA1. Did you file the G-1145 form to get e-mail or text notification?

I used cashiers check so I won’t even know when its cashed. I submitted the G-1145 form and its been over 10days. Except they mean 10 working days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kels00 said:

you

3 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

I heard many in June get it quiter "later" too. 
Technically, you need to give USCIS 30 days -- so in short, yes. It's okay
It's frustrating but okay. Wouldn't panic yet

Let's see how the rest of the day/week goes. Cuz some 13th folks got their alerts this morning
Fingers crossed for you. 

hey... mine july 3 and still nothing... they said normally 3 weeks... so im hoping this week... 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kels00 said:

I used cashiers check so I won’t even know when its cashed. I submitted the G-1145 form and its been over 10days. Except they mean 10 working days

I'll bet working days with USCIS
They don't work weekends.

Also- please update your timeline. Helps VJ as a whole know what is happening and it Makes it easier for others to help you answer questions

Timeline
5 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

When do you leave?
Am hearing Biometrics coming in like 2-3 days after NOA1 hardcopies so unless you leave like tomorrow, you might still be fine?

Really? Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

I leave in two weeks...

Edited by ineedadisplayname

Timeline
Just now, ineedadisplayname said:

Really? Didn't know that. I leave in two weeks...

Oh
LOL
I thought you were leaving like tomorrow. 

BIometrics comes like quickly- and the appt itself is usually like 2 weeks after it comes. So you most likely will miss scheduled appt but for SURE you should have that letter before you leave!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

I'll bet working days with USCIS
They don't work weekends.

Also- please update your timeline. Helps VJ as a whole know what is happening and it Makes it easier for others to help you answer questions

Am applying for aos. Got married march 29th. Submitted my forms without the i-131 because i do not intend to travel. Sent package through usps july 3rd. Was delivered july 12th. 

Just anxiously waiting now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hello July filers!

Sent my AOS off on the 10th and it was received on the 11th. Still waiting on my NOA..today will be the 8th business day...Getting rather nervous. Money order hasn't been cashed yet. Anybody on the same date still waiting?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.