1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, batcher said:

Do you think i would have received bio app. if not for RFE?

I wish i could help but i am just as confused as you.  We have not received his bio appt yet but like i said in another post this morning, mine might be delayed because i had them fix something with my husbands last names on i797.  I hope it's nothing serious for you.  

Edited by DPP123

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, DPP123 said:

Hey girl... i am been MIA cause i have been busy with work.  I am still waiting for my Bio letter but i fear it might arrive later than what it should.  I had to submit a typographical error request with USCIS regarding my husbands i485.  the i797 only had his paternal last name and not his mother's.  The other petitions had both so i didn't want any problems in the future since his legal name is both last names.  

AYEEEEEEEE
The drama continues! But it's okay
All is well. We are slowly chugging along

Timeline
2 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

It is the initial AOS... i am wondering too

3 hours ago, lorie L. said:

Hey.. quick question.. is this roc or aos? I was wondering why u already have rfe since u don't have bio yet..

Well it IS possible to get an RFE before your bio letter-
It's not normal but it IS possible.
I've seen many people have biometrics just as their RFEs are coming in.

IN your case, wait to see what the RFE is about
IF it if because you missed one of those check boxes at the end that was like a gazillion questions, then it makes sense you don't have biometrics in yet till those are done. 

Andy's biometric was yesterday. In an out, no qualms. They were playing the Martian on the little TV in the waiting room. I felt like I was back in High School for a few. ;)

Timeline
1 hour ago, batcher said:

I checked this morning, I also got a RFE!! I haven't done biometrics yet...

@ineedadisplayname

When y'all say you checked- is this physically online or the app?
Also- IF you checked online, does it show an RFE also on the app?

I don't have an online account- just the app. Trying to make sure am seeing what everyone else is seeing. Thanks!

Timeline
1 minute ago, emekus94 said:

@ineedadisplayname

When y'all say you checked- is this physically online or the app?
Also- IF you checked online, does it show an RFE also on the app?

I don't have an online account- just the app. Trying to make sure am seeing what everyone else is seeing. Thanks!

I have these plus the app created by some guy called Stephen Aldous

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

the second link is the new website.  But i still use both.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, DPP123 said:

I have these plus the app created by some guy called Stephen Aldous

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

the second link is the new website.  But i still use both.  

Thanks girl
In your experience, does the app and websites say the same?

Am trying not to be a compulsive status checker :rofl:
So IF app and online are the same, I rather keep my app sanity and forget the website

Timeline
Just now, emekus94 said:

Thanks girl
In your experience, does the app and websites say the same?

Am trying not to be a compulsive status checker :rofl:
So IF app and online are the same, I rather keep my app sanity and forget the website

So for my personal situation (with the name change) the first link shows my reference number and that no one has been assigned to process the change yet.  During my k1 days, people swore the by the second link and said that it updated faster than the first.  I started with first link during this odyssey and then learned about second one during it.  I also learned about the app during the process. To me the app is pretty consistent with the second link.  Hope that helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Why the long faces in August y'all? :rofl:
Where my girls @DPP123, @Favvy and @LizM?

August means one day closer to EAD/AP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoo hooo

Hi girl! Just hanging on, bored. Cant wait to have my EAD/AP

Timeline
Just now, DPP123 said:

So for my personal situation (with the name change) the first link shows my reference number and that no one has been assigned to process the change yet.  During my k1 days, people swore the by the second link and said that it updated faster than the first.  I started with first link during this odyssey and then learned about second one during it.  I also learned about the app during the process. To me the app is pretty consistent with the second link.  Hope that helps!

It does!
Which means it's probably wise to have the first (detailed info on case) and the app for general approval and things.

U are awesome girl

Thank you!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Favvy said:

Hi girl! Just hanging on, bored. Cant wait to have my EAD/AP

Right there with you
EAD is running long so best to find something. We are all looking at November/December timelines unfortunately 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

UPDATE BIOMETRIC DONE 

Hey guys I just want to add my experience to the plethora of experiences on VJ

The biometric process itself was very fast and quick however, the Atlanta application center is very busy and crowded.  my appointment was for 12 noon but I went in at 1020 am. I was called at 11am .

my i485 is at day 23

while my i765 i130 and i131 is at day at 28

——————————————————————————

Filed and posted on July 5th 2018

Was received on July 6th 2018 Chicago lockbox

Received e notifications of NOA on July 12th 2018

Received the NOA in the mail on July 16th 2018

Received Biometric appointment letter on July 19th 2018(for 3rd August)

Went for Biometric appointment on August 3rd 2018.

Edited by 4rmGhanaliveinATL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

An update that might be useful for some: We received an RFE today which is admittedly sad but we knew it was coming. (I was about $100 short of  the  minimum because I graduated from college last  May and got a full-time job in July so my tax return wasn't enough; our lawyer suggested that we wait try to send  it with pay stubs and if they don't accept, have my mother sponsor).

However, we are kind of excited because that means that they are touching cases. We received our NOA1 less than 2 weeks ago and they are already touching. I also live in the  slowest state in the US so probably faster for others too. 

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
22 hours ago, John and Janay said:

We did the same thing on the 785. You can get it changed over the phone so I’m told. We’re going to try it today now that we have a number to reference it to. 

So they actually received our applications despite the intercept and I received my three receipt numbers overnight! 

This morning I got through quite easily to a really nice rep on the phone and discussed the two issues. I discussed the i765 first - good news, you will just have to send them a letter requesting the update. I suggest you call and get the information for your specific case but it seemed pretty straightforward!

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.