1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, DPP123 said:

That's a great suggestion!  i will wait until September/October.  He understands that these things change and while he would love to go it is possible that we can't.  So we will see.  He hates feeling like a prisoner in this country.  I could understand him.  thanks again :) 

Try to do some weekend road trips or depending on money/your holiday maybe somewhere else? This country is huuugeeee and a lot of stuff to see and experience. If you have the time and budget I would go and see the country since after he starts to work will be hard to travel. And if you are going to use up all your holidays just to fly back to Spain (as lot of immigrants do in their holiday (not judging, just that's my experience) then he/you will be missing out of a lot.

Edited by ineedadisplayname

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Try to do some weekend road trips or depending on money/your holiday maybe somewhere else? This country is huuugeeee and a lot of stuff to see and experience. If you have the time and budget I would go and see the country since after he starts to work will be hard to travel. And if you are going to use up all your holidays just to fly back to Spain (as lot of immigrants do in their holiday (not judgying, just that's my experience) then he/you will be missing out of a lot.

Thanks for your suggestion,  Have a good process.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

Just a bit bored, so want to ask anyone here, do you have any hobby while waiting for EAD, AP and AOS? Mine is doing craft! How about you guys? 

Capture.JPG

Also I was thinking to sign up for some ESL classes.... It's a longer commitment because you need to stay for like 6 months or so.... and I am not sure what If I will get a work permit and start working and won't be able to attend class?

At least here they offer classes from beginner to advanced....

Btw does anybody has experience with ESL classes?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello guys, 

I just sent my AOS package in July 18th and USCIS received in July 20th. I did not receive any notification yet.

Should I be worried about it?

Edited by Lariviegas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lariviegas said:

Hello guys, 

I just sent my AOS package in July 18th and USCIS received in July 20th. I did not receive any notification yet.

Should I be worried about it?

No

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, T_P said:

No

I feel better now. How long do you think I should wait until reach out to them? I am just asking  because the processing times for my location says 15 days for NOA1 and I am almost there. :S

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lariviegas said:

I feel better now. How long do you think I should wait until reach out to them? I am just asking  because the processing times for my location says 15 days for NOA1 and I am almost there. :S

I would wait 20 to 30 days. USCIS has been taking way much longer currently. There are lots of people here on VJ that applied before and still waiting for their notices. Unfortunately USCIS process has backed logged and that is the reason.....meanwhile visit AOS forums, read some other participants feedback so you get used to the process and let me know if you have any questions.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, T_P said:

I would wait 20 to 30 days. USCIS has been taking way much longer currently. There are lots of people here on VJ that applied before and still waiting for their notices. Unfortunately USCIS process has backed logged and that is the reason.....meanwhile visit AOS forums, read some other participants feedback so you get used to the process and let me know if you have any questions.

Alright! I'll keep an eye on this forum! Thank you so much!  :) 

Edited by Lariviegas

4 hours ago, LunarGazer said:

Hi. What are the requirements for Biometric. I plan to renew my passport right after sending out AOS packet. Will they need my passport for Biometric? I worry I don't have other ID to present. Thank you 

Hi, 

I do think you need a valid passport (none expired). 

You will be required to bring a photo identification. Typically, acceptable documents include:

Passport or national photo identification issued by your home country

Driver’s license

Military photo identification

State-issued photo identification card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon to all July filers, did mines on the 27/7/18 , got married on the 15/7. Definitely happy right now and just gonna wait until things start to occur. Enrolling into School in the meanwhile.

Looking forward to my Biometrics appointment next week on the 8th! Hopefully we're all smooth sailors after the horrors of the K1 process. :)

Hello,

I got a courtesy letter yesterday. Does it mean I will be ready to be scheduled for an interview soon?

Thanks, 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, emylady said:

Looking forward to my Biometrics appointment next week on the 8th! Hopefully we're all smooth sailors after the horrors of the K1 process. :)

Hey Emylady, I just saw that you are also in Portland. Would you mind to share how long took to receive a notification (email or NOA1) after you sent your package? 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Firebread said:

Good afternoon to all July filers, did mines on the 27/7/18 , got married on the 15/7. Definitely happy right now and just gonna wait until things start to occur. Enrolling into School in the meanwhile.

Congratulations! School is a good idea to keep our mind busy during this waiting process! :)

3 minutes ago, Lariviegas said:

Hey Emylady, I just saw that you are also in Portland. Would you mind to share how long took to receive a notification (email or NOA1) after you sent your package? 

I think it two just over 2 weeks. They sent my I-765 back so I’m still waiting for that NOA1 after I sent it again. The emails came about 4 days before the letter and I got the emails before they cashed my check. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.