1,446 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 7:51 PM, pinbak said:

As posted earlier I sent my packet July 9th to CSC. Today July 20th the check shows pending as cashed. Should get the NOA soon :)

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline
On 7/20/2018 at 10:20 PM, 19wheels said:

*it wasn't our intention to wait until the last minute to take care of this, but things happened that we couldnt control, and here we are. 

Same here. He filed for divorce shortly before the 90 days were up so I sent mine off with days to spare literally! :(

I am in the California one too. Good luck!!!

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

22 hours ago, minnie_mouse said:

Are you guys mostly sending via USPS Priority, UPS or Fedex? 

USPS!! Flat rate box. Worth it!

22 hours ago, Krutarth said:

Doesn't matter, we use USPS.

Hopefully will get some news soon on my petition. Our package was delivered on 14thof July 

Yesss fingers crossed!!

I notice my wife, conditional perm resident is listed on the NOA as petitioner and beneficiary, is that correct? also it has this in the body of the noa - "if you have not already done so, provide supporting documents to help uscis process your petition and to establish your eligibility to remove the conditions on your permanent residence." I assume that is part of the NOA and doesn't mean we didn't submit the correct evidence? If someone can check their NOA please thank you!!

Went to check the status with the receipt number and get the validation error, anyone else get their noa and can't check the status hehe :)

Edited by pinbak
added more information

AOS TimeLine

Adjusting from K-1 Visa

File/Sent (AOS/EAD/AP): 05/31/2016

Chicago Lock-Box Received (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/01/2016

Check Cashed: 06/09/2016

NOA1 (Email + Text x3): 06/10/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy (AOS/EAD/AP): 06/13/2016

Biometrics Letter: 06/24/2016 for 07/08/2016

Cases Appeared Online: 07/26/2016

Filed SR for EAD: 08/24/2016

SR assigned for response, Email Received and Completed - No Action Taken :( : 08/26/2016

90th Day from Received Date: 08/30/2016 - Still no approvals for AOS/EAD/AP

AOS Approved i485: 09/02/2016 - no Interview K1 Visa - Online Status never updated from finger print received

My Case Site updated showing approval for i485 AOS: 09/06/2016

Received Welcome Letter - i797 AOS approval: 09/09/2016 - filed paperwork in married name approval came in maiden - apparently USCIS saw fit to just add the name they wanted and not filed...

AOS updated to "Card Mailed to Me" no tracking number: 09/13/2016

Green Card Recieved: 09/15/2016 signed up for usps.com and never got any email/text about the delivery

ROC

I-751 - 07/09/2018

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

ROC package sent today July 23, 2018 using USPS to CSC. Green Card expires Oct. 18, 2018.

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

June 07, 2016 - Mailed I-130, I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131

June 09, 2016 - Package received USPS (Day 0)

June 17, 2016- Checks cashed (Day 😎

June 21, 2016 -Email and text conformation (Day 12)

June 24, 2016- Hardcopy NOA received (Day 15)

July 01, 2016- Received biometrics letter appointment set for July 11 (Day 22)

July 11, 2016- Biometrics completed (Day 32)

July 26, 2016- All Case Numbers start working on USCIS Case Status Webpage (Day 47)

August 1, 2016- Case is ready to be schedule for interview (Day 53)

August 8, 2016- AOS interview letter by mail. Interview date October 18 (Day 60)

September 2, 2016- Hardcopy of Advance parole and employment authorization approval received (Day 85)

September 3, 2016- Received EAD Advance Parole combo card in the mail (Day 86)

October 18, 2016- Had interview IO said we were approved. (Day 131)

November 7, 2016- Received AOS approval letter in the mail. (Day 151)

November 10, 2016- Received Green Card in the mail. (Day 154)

ROC

July 23, 2018- ROC package sent USPS to CSC.

July 26, 2018- ROC package received at CSC.

August 11, 2018-NOA received. 

July 18, 2019 Biometrics appointment.

September 19, 2019 Received RFE.

September 23, 2019 mailed back requested information from RFE

September 26, 2019 requested information from RFE was received at CSC

October 25, 2019 received green card.

43 minutes ago, pinbak said:

I notice my wife, conditional perm resident is listed on the NOA as petitioner and beneficiary, is that correct? also it has this in the body of the noa - "if you have not already done so, provide supporting documents to help uscis process your petition and to establish your eligibility to remove the conditions on your permanent residence." I assume that is part of the NOA and doesn't mean we didn't submit the correct evidence? If someone can check their NOA please thank you!!

Went to check the status with the receipt number and get the validation error, anyone else get their noa and can't check the status hehe :)

My noa1 has the same wording, don’t worry. I assume it should be like that for all of us.

Try checking the case status at https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

1 hour ago, pinbak said:

Same on my wife's I-797 NOA, she is listed as the petitioner and beneficiary.

Edited by rnab32

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Mailed my I-751 on July 5th via USPS priority box.

Reached CA Service center on July 9th.

Received NOA on July 23rd (Notice date is 07/18/2018)

I am listed as both petitioner and beneficiary. The NOA extends my conditional resident status for 18 months from date of expiration (Aug 30th 2018).

03/30/16-Married (L)

2 yrs later....

Removal of Conditions :I-751 arrived at CA Service center on July 9th, 2018

Received NOA I-797: July 23rd 2018 ( Extends the conditional residence for 18 months from Aug 30th 2018)

Hello! I am also a July filler and already have all documents ready to send tomorrow. I used visa journey forums to help me gather all the right documents and the proper way to send it (in my opinion).

Here is the cover page or table of contents page that I have.

cover page for visa journey.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

california filer here. My package was delivered on the 13th, and this morning, the 24th, my bank shows the funds coming out. I'm hoping this means that the NOA will arrive in the mail within a few days. I'll keep you posted and update my timeline when I've got the NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, 19wheels said:

california filer here. My package was delivered on the 13th, and this morning, the 24th, my bank shows the funds coming out. I'm hoping this means that the NOA will arrive in the mail within a few days. I'll keep you posted and update my timeline when I've got the NOA

My package was delivered on 14th, hopefully i can see cash coming out in day or two. Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Krutarth said:

My package was delivered on 14th, hopefully i can see cash coming out in day or two. Good luck!

Mine got delivered on the 16th, keeping my fingers crossed. Goodluck to everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.