1,446 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Here we go again! Its been almost 2 years since I was here last finely living life with my wife. Will be sending our removal of conditions out by the end of the month and then the waiting game begins again! 

Quick question: What would be the best way to organize the evidence and send it in. I'm thinking about using a 1" think 3 ring binder  with all the evidence in clear plastic protector sheets with index tabs to locate each piece of evidence from the table of contents. 

Our Timeline AOS Timeline

10/24/13 - Met online 04/30/16 - Sent AOS Forms I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131, G-325a, G-1145 with check

01/16/14 - Fell in love online 05/07/16 - Received text & email with case#

05/03/14 - Met for first time - He went to England 05/09/16 - Check cashed for $1,070.00

08/07/14 - She came to USA 1st time 05/13/16 - Received NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

12/28/14 - She came to USA 2nd time 06/03/16 - Biometrics Appointment

02/10/15 - Officially engaged at the Grand Canyon 08/01/16 - Email & Text saying I-131 & I-765 Approved

04/27/15 - She came to USA 3rd time 08/06/16 - Received letters of approval for I-131 & !765

07/14/15 - She came to USA 4th time 08/12/16 - Received Combo card in US mail!

10/14/16 - Received RFE for proof of marriage

K1 VISA Timeline 10/15/16 - Sent in RFE paperwork

09/23/15 - Sent info to Rapid Visa 10/19/16 - Received text - AOS APPROVED!!!!

10/13/15 - Conformation from USCIS - NOA1 10/22/16 - Received hard copy of I-485 approval

11/06/15 - I-129F Approved! via USCIS Website! 10/22/16 - Received text - Your 2 year Greed card has mailed

11/13/15 - Received hard copy in mail - NOA2 10/25/16 - Received Green Card in the mail! - Yahoooo!

11/23/15 - Received by NVC (called on 24th)

11/24/15 - Called NVC and got LND#

11/30/15 - Case status at NVC: READY!

01/12/16 - Medical completed!

01/23/16 - Packet 4 received

01/27/16 - Interview - APPROVED!

02/05/16 - Visa In Hand

02/11/16 - POE - Ohio

04/02/16 - Wedding - Yahooo!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, crazyworld said:

Hello All,

Here we go again! Its been almost 2 years since I was here last finely living life with my wife. Will be sending our removal of conditions out by the end of the month and then the waiting game begins again! 

Quick question: What would be the best way to organize the evidence and send it in. I'm thinking about using a 1" think 3 ring binder  with all the evidence in clear plastic protector sheets with index tabs to locate each piece of evidence from the table of contents. 

32 minutes ago, crazyworld said:

HI there! We also will be sending our submission by the and of the month and that's how we decided to organize it.

We will use ACCO 2 inch fasteners and clear paper protectors for original documents (application and affidavits, so there's no need to punch holes).

First will go a cover letter/table of contents and a check in envelope + original signed application.

As for exhibits we decided to do only 4 of them:

Exhibit A - copy of GC (in color) and marriage certificate (no need to send certificate but why not to add it)

Exhibit B - Joint Financial Records. Here will be tax transcripts/refunds, letters from banks, bank statements, credit cards and everything related to finances. Because we're sending more than 2 years worth of statements it's the thickest exhibit. 

Exhibit C -  Evidences of Joint Residence. Here will be different utility bills (electricity, cable, internet), lease agreements and everything else related to joint residence. 

Exhibit D  - Other Evidences of our Relationship. Here will be affidavits, photos and other related evidences. For photos we added them to Word with short descriptions and printed in color.

We'll divide the exhibits with bottom index tabs and I think it should look professional and be convenient to review.

Our whole submission is little less than 2 inch thick so I'm also doubting if we should use a box to ship it or a large envelope? Also USPS or Fedex?

Timeline
On 7/9/2018 at 4:57 PM, SPC said:

Sent my I-751 packet on July 5th and it reached the California Service Center (PO box) today. Waiting for my notice of receipt. This is the table of contents of my package:

Table of Contents

Exhibit A:

• Original Cashier’s Check, in the amount of $ 680.00 for payment of the I-751 + Biometric fee, from our joint account

• Copy of USCIS Form I-551 front and back (‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s Permanent Resident Card)

• Original Form I-751 filled and signed by ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’

• Original Form I-865 (Sponsors notice of change of address) filled and signed by ‘US Citizen Husband’  

Exhibit B:

• Copy of Certified Marriage License, showing marriage of ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ on March 30, 2016 in Town, US State

• Copy of the Certificate of Marriage signed and stamped by the Joint sub registrar of town (India) showing that our marriage is registered in India and an Indian wedding ceremony was performed on February 25th, 2016

• List of important dates

Exhibit C:

·       Copies of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s current driver’s license, and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s current driver’s license showing current home address

·       Copies of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s former driver’s license, and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s former driver’s license showing previous residence at xyz

·       Copies of monthly bank statements of our joint checking and savings accounts since May 2016- current, showing various financial co-mingling such as rent payments, car loan payments, insurance payments, mortgage payments etc.

·       Copies of joint use credit cards with same account numbers for ‘US Citizen Husband’  and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  (CHASE freedom unlimited VISA xxxxx and  Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa yyyyy)

·       Copies of credit card statements for CHASE freedom unlimited VISA xxxxx and detailed yearly account summary (2017) from Feb 2017-current, with ‘US Citizen Husband’  as the account owner and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as the authorized user

·       Copies of credit card statements for Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa credit card yyyyy and yearly account summaries from July 2015-Nov 2017, with ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as the account owner and ‘US Citizen Husband’  as the authorized user

Exhibit D:

• Copy of 2016 and 2017 taxes filed jointly as a married couple

• Original IRS transcripts for 2016 and 2017 taxes filed jointly as a married couple

• Copy of notice from IRS addressed to both ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ regarding adjusted refund due; notice date April 16, 2018

Exhibit E:

• Three original sworn affidavits from family and neighbors attesting to the genuine bonafide nature of our marriage

Exhibit F:

• Explanation 1 : of moving residence to US State and why both names are not on mortgage

• Copy of apartment lease contract listing us as joint tenants at -----, beginning December 27th, 2016

• Copy of Renter’s Utility Service Account with City, listing both ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ as costumers for ------

o   Note: Name for billing is listed as ‘US Citizen Husband’  so all utility bills show only his name.

·       Copy of Application for Utility Services from City  listing both ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ as costumers for -------

• Copy of receipt for earnest money from ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  towards home purchase and cashier’s check from ‘US Citizen Husband’

• Copy of house purchase and sale agreement between buyers ‘US Citizen Husband’  and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  and seller ABC Financial

• Copies of American National homeowner’s insurance policy listing us as jointly insured under policy number 12345 for our home at ---- for periods 05/2018-05/2019 and 05/2017-05/2018

Exhibit G:

• Copy of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s Will and Testament requesting transfer of assets to ‘US Citizen Husband’  in event of her death, executed in presence of public notary

• Copy of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s Employee Benefits Report showing current joint health insurance coverage for employee (‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ) and spouse (‘US Citizen Husband’ ), and ‘US Citizen Husband’  as sole beneficiary for Basic Life insurance, Business travel accident insurance and Employee savings plan

• Copies of City of XYZ monthly utility bills showing ‘US Citizen Husband’  as responsible for paying utilities in our joint residence at ---

• Copies of Mortgage Company monthly mortgage statements showing ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as responsible for paying home mortgage for our joint home at ----

• Copy of home plumbing bill paid by ‘US Citizen Husband’  for kitchen repair in ---. residence dated 09/11/2017

• Copy of installation receipt from PQR Energy Company for home insulation and solar attic fan purchase and installation at --- residence addressed to ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  dated 09/19/2017

• Copy of current  auto insurance ID card showing names of both ‘US Citizen Husband’  and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  

• Copy of current auto insurance policy under ‘US Citizen Husband’  as policy holder and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as driver/operator in household

Exhibit H:

• Copies of Jewelry store receipt and appraisal dated December 2015 showing ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s purchase of an opal and diamond ring for ‘Conditional Resident Wife’  as a Christmas present

• Copies of bills paid by ‘US Citizen Husband’  towards the repair of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ ’s car (2005 Nissan Sentra) since fall 2014

• Copy of car title to show that the above car belongs to ‘Conditional Resident Wife’

Exhibit I:

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to India to meet ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s family for the first time in February 2015

• Copy of Travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to India for their Indian wedding ceremony and celebration in February 2016

• Copy of a group plane ticket showing ‘US Citizen Husband’’s brothers and parents accompanying ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’  to a vacation in India after the wedding celebration

• Copy of email from ‘US Citizen Husband’’s parents to extended family describing ‘US Citizen Husband’ and ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s Indian wedding and travels in India

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to India to attend ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s cousins wedding in April 2016

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to London and India to visit ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s family in December 2017

Exhibit J:

·       Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to Town, US state for a vacation in April 2015

·       Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to Town, US state to attend ‘US Citizen Husband’’s cousin’s wedding in April 2015

·       Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to Town, US state to visit ‘US Citizen Husband’’s brother in July 2015

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’’s sister’s visit to Town, US state in July 2017 to stay with ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’  from July 26th -August 2nd 2017

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s trip to Town, US state to visit ‘US Citizen Husband’’s youngest brother and his family in March 2018

• Copy of travel details of ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’ ’s upcoming trip to Town, US state for a  family reunion in October 2018

• Copy of flight reservations for ‘US Citizen Husband’’s parents who are going to visit ‘Conditional Resident Wife’ and ‘US Citizen Husband’’s home in Town, US state in August 2018

• Copy of AirBnB reservation for a mountain cabin for ‘Conditional Resident Wife’, ‘US Citizen Husband’ and his parents for an upcoming vacation in August 2018

• Copy of 4 tickets to the ABCD Theatre show for ‘Conditional Resident Wife’, ‘US Citizen Husband’ and his parents during their upcoming visit in August 2018

Exhibit K:

• Copies of photos of us together at various vacations and events with family and friends throughout the years

Exhibit L:

• Copies of cards and letters addressed to each other over the years

• Copies of cards and congratulatory notes from friends and family addressed to us

• Original card from our realtor, congratulating us on our 1-year home purchase anniversary

Wow, that's a lot of evidence! Very nice organized! 

1 hour ago, crazyworld said:

Hello All,

The USCIS has some guidelines for assembling a package. Do not three hole punch the evidence, the USCIS requests that you two hole punch at the top of the page.

"In preparing your packet, remember:

• Do not use binders or folders that we cannot easily disassemble.
  • Use fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.
  • Sticky tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. For easy filing, place the tabs on the bottom of the page, not the side.
  • Do not use heavy-duty staples; instead use fasteners or heavy clips.
  • Do not submit originals unless specifically required. 
  • Do not submit oversized documentation unless it is necessary.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

I also wouldn't use clear protector sheets, it's not necessary. They need to be able to easily disassemble and read the package, and use their own filing methods. I two hole punched the top of my package and used 1" fasteners. I included hole punched dividers to separate the evidence and marked them "Exhibit A", "Exhibit B" etc. on the bottom tabs. I also added stick on tabs marked "Exhibit A", "Exhibit B" etc. on to the first sheet of each piece of evidence. See pics below.

IMG_20180709_223718.thumb.jpg.bafd943c7773d75f09e19063ad35a5df.jpgIMG_20180711_112455.thumb.jpg.30565e46cdd18396748f48b12d2ea551.jpg

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Timeline
36 minutes ago, ChasUno said:

The USCIS has some guidelines for assembling a package. Do not three hole punch the evidence, the USCIS requests that you two hole punch at the top of the page.

"In preparing your packet, remember:

• Do not use binders or folders that we cannot easily disassemble.
  • Use fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.
  • Sticky tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. For easy filing, place the tabs on the bottom of the page, not the side.
  • Do not use heavy-duty staples; instead use fasteners or heavy clips.
  • Do not submit originals unless specifically required. 
  • Do not submit oversized documentation unless it is necessary.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips

I also wouldn't use clear protector sheets, it's not necessary. They need to be able to easily disassemble and read the package, and use their own filing methods. I two hole punched the top of my package and used 1" fasteners. I included hole punched dividers to separate the evidence and marked them "Exhibit A", "Exhibit B" etc. on the bottom tabs. I also added stick on tabs marked "Exhibit A", "Exhibit B" etc. on to the first sheet of each piece of evidence. See pics below.

IMG_20180709_223718.thumb.jpg.bafd943c7773d75f09e19063ad35a5df.jpgIMG_20180711_112455.thumb.jpg.30565e46cdd18396748f48b12d2ea551.jpg

Did you punch holes in I-751 and any other original documentation like affidavits?

45 minutes ago, John&Maria said:

Did you punch holes in I-751 and any other original documentation like affidavits?

Yes. As long as the holes don't go through any of the information on the evidence/ forms, that is fine.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

hi guys,

I am still working on getting all the documents together.  I called Office Max, Fedex,  they all seem not familiar with the ACCO fastners. 

where did you guys go to get the documents punched with 2 holes? 

16th April'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.
19th April'2016-NOA
22nd April'2016- Checks have been cashed.
21st May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter
23rd May'2016- Successfully Walked In Biometric Appointment
6th June'2016- Request for Expedite EAD
24th June'2016- Expedite EAD case approved
27th June'2016- AP approved
14th July'2016-EAD/AP Combo card received !!!!!!!
1st Sep'2016-Interview -- approved on site
Good luck Everyone! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Timeline
3 hours ago, jason58555855 said:

hi guys,

I am still working on getting all the documents together.  I called Office Max, Fedex,  they all seem not familiar with the ACCO fastners. 

where did you guys go to get the documents punched with 2 holes? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001M4QHK0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J0B9N8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We just received this, ordered on Amazon, $12 total

Good evening 

Hi everyone  how are you guys doing I just have one question what kind of folders you guys used to put your papers to send to immigration 

On 09/07/2018 at 6:21 PM, Marrienne said:

Hello!!
I am finally here! My card expires in 10 days but I JUST got my divorce finalized and my attorney suggested we wait to file until then. Technically I am still within the deadline but towards the end of it.
My story is very complicated and long but let's just say the marriage was entered in good faith and then he chose another woman... So here I am. Wish me luck as I don't have too much evidence :(

@Marrienne it's nice to catch back up on here but I'm very sorry to learn that you got divorced! I hope you and the kids are doing ok in this trying time. Keep in touch my dear :( 

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
16th April'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.
19th April'2016-NOA
22nd April'2016- Checks have been cashed.
21st May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter
23rd May'2016- Successfully Walked In Biometric Appointment
6th June'2016- Request for Expedite EAD
24th June'2016- Expedite EAD case approved
27th June'2016- AP approved
14th July'2016-EAD/AP Combo card received !!!!!!!
1st Sep'2016-Interview -- approved on site
Good luck Everyone! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Timeline
20 hours ago, Ria and Shiv said:

Good evening 

Hi everyone  how are you guys doing I just have one question what kind of folders you guys used to put your papers to send to immigration 

Hi there!

We're using this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001M4QHK0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J0B9N8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered on Amazon, $12 total

Already punched the holes and put almost everything together, our submission is a little bit less than 2 inch thick

Timeline

For example that's how our submission is going to look like. Will add some more documentation, so it will be a little bit thicker. Used 2 inch ACCO fasteners and hole punches, ordered both on Amazon. And tab dividers already had at work.

We have doubts about sending it with USPS or Fedex. Any ideas what's better?

1.jpg

2 hours ago, John&Maria said:

Hi there!

We're using this:

Ordered on Amazon, $12 total

Already punched the holes and put almost everything together, our submission is a little bit less than 2 inch thick

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.