1,446 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Emdotx said:

So u put your wife's name in both part 7 and 8 on the USCIS Application support center space? becuase part 7 is for petitioner and part 8 is for us citizen spouse thats why im confused.

Yes 7 is for you, you have to put your name and signature- the petitioner and 8 is your citizen or legal resident spouse.

Sorry i forgot to tell you im the us citizen spouse asking this question.  I know part 7 is for the petitioner i have no question on that part. Is part 8 that i am talking about. Does the us citizen have to put their name in the space or leave it blank since they wont be supplying their figure prints.  And im asking about the space the says I--------- agree to appear. Please check form and reply accordingly. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Emdotx said:

Sorry i forgot to tell you im the us citizen spouse asking this question.  I know part 7 is for the petitioner i have no question on that part. Is part 8 that i am talking about. Does the us citizen have to put their name in the space or leave it blank since they wont be supplying their figure prints.  And im asking about the space the says I--------- agree to appear. Please check form and reply accordingly. Thanks.

Well my spouse did put her name and signature. I guess its for a statement that says that all the information are correct as per my knowledge. But i am not sure, hope someone help you soon with that. I asked couple of people that have submitted it before me and they said they put their spouses name in part 8. 

6 hours ago, Emdotx said:

It populated itself with my husbands initials and last name (usc) in part 8. 

My name, as it is a little more complicated than the usual first middle last name combo, had to be written out not typed 

7 hours ago, Emdotx said:

I agree that wording in this part (and several other places) is extremely confusing, but I suppose USC spouse may be asked to supply their fingerprints if needed.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, p-ana said:

The check is pending on my account this morning so I assume they cashed it last Friday. Now to wait for the NOA

when did they receive your package? 

16th April'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.
19th April'2016-NOA
22nd April'2016- Checks have been cashed.
21st May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter
23rd May'2016- Successfully Walked In Biometric Appointment
6th June'2016- Request for Expedite EAD
24th June'2016- Expedite EAD case approved
27th June'2016- AP approved
14th July'2016-EAD/AP Combo card received !!!!!!!
1st Sep'2016-Interview -- approved on site
Good luck Everyone! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
6 minutes ago, p-ana said:

Sent in last Monday 7/9 and it was received late Wednesday 7/11 in Vermont. 

Thank you for the reply! Mine was delivered last Friday. I guess I will give it a few days. lol

16th April'2016- Sent out the application via UPS to Chicago.
19th April'2016-NOA
22nd April'2016- Checks have been cashed.
21st May'2016- Received Biometric Appointment Letter
23rd May'2016- Successfully Walked In Biometric Appointment
6th June'2016- Request for Expedite EAD
24th June'2016- Expedite EAD case approved
27th June'2016- AP approved
14th July'2016-EAD/AP Combo card received !!!!!!!
1st Sep'2016-Interview -- approved on site
Good luck Everyone! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

12 minutes ago, p-ana said:

Just checked the mail and the NOA1 came in, with a notice date of 7/12 (Thursday) and the 18 month extension.

That's good news and pretty fast congratz!!

My package got delivered Thursday and I've just checked if my MO was cashed but nope not yet lol.. Mine's the California service center as well so it's going to be a long wait for me.

Patience Is A Virtue - [The Beneficiary]

AOS From K1:
Approved 26th of September 2016

ROC:

Approved: 16th August 2019 (July 2018 Filer)

N400

Filed online: November 25th 2019

April 27th 2021: INTERVIEW APPROVED - Officially a US citizen - the End! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

My package was just delivered in CA

Click "spoiler" below for a detailed account of our journey to a CR1 visa via DCF in Athens, Greece.

2011 - Met hubby online and became friends
Early 2013 - Confessed our love for each other * Late 2013 - I got pregnant with our daughter
2014 - Our baby was born in Athens, Greece and completed our family. We now have two boys and a girl!! 2013 - 2015 - Looking for jobs in Greece, none were available (due to socioeconomic crisis) 2015 - Decided only way to feed our family was to immigrate and started the process December 2015 - Got married (Greece has a LOT of red tape for foreigners marrying Greeks)
January 2016 - Finished gathering all documents and getting them translated
* * DCF in Athens, Greece * *

28th January 2016 - Finally filed I-130s
29th June - ISSUED!!!!!!1st July - Visa packages and passports delivered to DHL.4th July - Visas in hand! CU in two weeks USA!!
19th July- POE Detroit. All went well!! (excluding our screaming, jet lagged toddler!!)

After Arrival in the US

September 2016 - Hubby is diagnosed with congestive heart failure
October - February 2016 - Battle with drug use, overdosing, bringing home a tiny paycheck

March - July 2017 - I am working 80 hr weeks to make ends meet. Discovered hubby's affair. Still overdoses and is hospitalized. Has quit working all together.
July - October 2017 - Marriage counseling. Revealed hubby has "several" mental conditions. Is started on several mental meds.

October 2017 - Got accepted for a college course. Got better job to help raise my kids.

October 2017 - March 2018 - Situation at home is toxic. He files for divorce.

July 2018 - Divorce is final. I have full custody of our daughter.

ROC (GC expires July 19th 2018)

July 16th - Package for ROC is delivered to the CA service center (divorce waiver).

August 30th - NOA1 received with 18 month extension (fee waiver approved).

March 28th 2019 - Biometrics

August 8th 2019 - Case Approved No RFE No Interview - 10 year GC in production

N400 (Online - Detroit, MI office)
June 6th 2023 - Applied for naturalization under 5 year rule.
June 7th 2023 - Application received/Biometric will be reused.
June 16th - Interview scheduled.
July 27th - Upcoming interview.

**Our DCF journey to an IV took 5 months and 1 day from turning in the I-130 to getting "Issued"**

event.png

event.png

On 7/13/2018 at 1:48 PM, SPC said:

I don't have both names on the statements so I included copies of both our cards showing the same card number to show that the second one is an authorized user. Yeah I wish Chase had some document showing the secondary card users that we could download.

OK, i got a letter from chase listing spouse as authorized user!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, implife said:

OK, i got a letter from chase listing spouse as authorized user!

Thats great, good luck!

03/30/16-Married (L)

2 yrs later....

Removal of Conditions :I-751 arrived at CA Service center on July 9th, 2018

Received NOA I-797: July 23rd 2018 ( Extends the conditional residence for 18 months from Aug 30th 2018)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.