1,652 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Camie said:

How do we know our local office? Is it where we did biometrics? My green card just says it’s at the National benefit Center 😐 

I am on my phone now, but if you google uscis local office locator and provide your zip code it will tell you your local office.  I am curious, where it says your green card application is at the NBC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I am on my phone now, but if you google uscis local office locator and provide your zip code it will tell you your local office.  I am curious, where it says your green card application is at the NBC

On my case status checker! 

“As of August 20, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, at our National Benefits Center location.”

That’s why I was confused/wondering. Did yours say this too? Or did it say local office?

AOS Timeline: Camie (Beneficiary)

Dec 08, 2017:               Married!
June 23, 2018:             Filed AOS (we waited until our savings reached above poverty guideline since we both moved here from the PH with basically nothing)

Aug 20, 2018:              Biometrics (I asked to reschedule but USCIS never sent a new date, so I did walk-in.)
Nov 5, 2018:                Received RFE for I-864 joint sponsor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Camie said:

On my case status checker! 

“As of August 20, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXXXX, at our National Benefits Center location.”

That’s why I was confused/wondering. Did yours say this too? Or did it say local office?

Ahh stupid me.  You are right. They are still working on your case. Mine says ready to be scheduled for an interview. That is the longer part for some of us. If you find out your local office you can search on this website to get a gasp of how long it will take to get an interview. The case status website won't tell you the local office as far as I know

Edited by ineedadisplayname

On 8/21/2018 at 8:24 AM, emekus94 said:

Local office has no impact on EAD
That's all at the NBC

Field office is what matters for ur GC
Which is why you see people with a GC in like 3 months and others 2 years

EAD's are almost processed in the order they are received all at NBC

Well if it is actually processed in the order it was received, If only there was a thread of people waiting for EAD's we might actually be able to get a idea of when we should expect ours. Is there a thread somewhere here? Is the VJ estimate somewhat accurate? Mine is currently showing to expect my EAD between November 4, 2018 and November 16, 2018*. 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Well if it is actually processed in the order it was received, If only there was a thread of people waiting for EAD's we might actually be able to get a idea of when we should expect ours. Is there a thread somewhere here? Is the VJ estimate somewhat accurate? Mine is currently showing to expect my EAD between November 4, 2018 and November 16, 2018*. 

Don't get too hung up on that
things are USUALLY processed in the order it was received - not always
This is just like the I-129F application- Things typically progress but not everyone hears back at the same time. Every case is different and NBC has to analyze each case individually- some will take longer than others
There are some March folks still waiting for EAD and we've got May/June folks being approved now. It is what it is

VJ estimate is somewhat accurate- assuming ur case doesn't hit a snag. that's just an average- and that number will adjust if more people here on VJ are actually diligent enough to update their timelines. many people don't. So don't get hung up on numbers and dates.
Just follow ur month's thread to see when people start hearing and that CAN give you an idea of what's happening at NBC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was checking to see if anyone knew what this status update meant? It is the most recent update for our application for employment Authorization (1-765), but we requested an expedite on his travel document. He has to leave to take his Canadian medical boards for his final year of Medical school, even though he wants to practice in the United States, legally as a Canadian he has to complete these boards as well. There was no update on his travel document receipt number only the employment. I know they come as one card now, but was just wondering why they updated only the work status and not the travel?  

image.png

image.png

3 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Don't get too hung up on that
things are USUALLY processed in the order it was received - not always
This is just like the I-129F application- Things typically progress but not everyone hears back at the same time. Every case is different and NBC has to analyze each case individually- some will take longer than others
There are some March folks still waiting for EAD and we've got May/June folks being approved now. It is what it is

VJ estimate is somewhat accurate- assuming ur case doesn't hit a snag. that's just an average- and that number will adjust if more people here on VJ are actually diligent enough to update their timelines. many people don't. So don't get hung up on numbers and dates.
Just follow ur month's thread to see when people start hearing and that CAN give you an idea of what's happening at NBC.

How many June filers on here already have EAD. Ah I just wanna get back into work. It's been 175 days since I moved to America, I just want to know we are on the final stretch now to me getting that EAD

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

How many June filers on here already have EAD. Ah I just wanna get back into work. It's been 175 days since I moved to America, I just want to know we are on the final stretch now to me getting that EAD

Unfortunately, No one can answer that
I suggest you find things to keep busy with like taking classes and volunteering , etc. This process is neither easy nor is it fast. Patience is the only way to go, lest one drives themselves mad.
If working was so important, we suggest people consider the CR1 path if possible. 

I saw a June folk get their EAD. Am not sure if that means everyone in June is beginning or if they happened to be a lucky fella
It's not exactly easy to know EVERYONE that got everything. Again, not everyone is good about posting their progress/updating their timeline. So I wouldn't get hung up on that

8 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Unfortunately, No one can answer that
I suggest you find things to keep busy with like taking classes and volunteering , etc. This process is neither easy nor is it fast. Patience is the only way to go, lest one drives themselves mad.
If working was so important, we suggest people consider the CR1 path if possible. 

I saw a June folk get their EAD. Am not sure if that means everyone in June is beginning or if they happened to be a lucky fella
It's not exactly easy to know EVERYONE that got everything. Again, not everyone is good about posting their progress/updating their timeline. So I wouldn't get hung up on that

Unfortunately when we went to get my SSN it was 12 days before the I-94 was due to expire (our fault I know), my husband had 2 days off of work available and we were using them for the wedding, his hours clashed with the SS office hours and there was noone else to take me. He was only 6 months into his new job so taking an unpaid day off right after he took almost 2 weeks off to get me back home, wasn't happening, I waited for his mum to take time off to take me, so they couldn't do anything and I had to apply for it with my EAD. The state won't allow me to get a drivers license without my SSN and I have asked to volunteer at 6 places around me now including animal shelter, 2 hospital, goodwill, court, retirement place and all of them want a SSN to do a background check first. So I am stuck!! I am in the midwest where there is really nothing around me within walking distance either. Looking back we probably should have got the CR1 or gotten married in court as soon as I arrived instead of waiting 2 months for the big wedding but we didn't and we can't cry over spilt milk just look ahead at what is to come so I am looking forward to that EAD arriving! 

Edited by MarksMate

Timeline
30 minutes ago, MarksMate said:

Unfortunately when we went to get my SSN it was 12 days before the I-94 was due to expire (our fault I know), my husband had 2 days off of work available and we were using them for the wedding, his hours clashed with the SS office hours and there was noone else to take me. He was only 6 months into his new job so taking an unpaid day off right after he took almost 2 weeks off to get me back home, wasn't happening, I waited for his mum to take time off to take me, so they couldn't do anything and I had to apply for it with my EAD. The state won't allow me to get a drivers license without my SSN and I have asked to volunteer at 6 places around me now including animal shelter, 2 hospital, goodwill, court, retirement place and all of them want a SSN to do a background check first. So I am stuck!! I am in the midwest where there is really nothing around me within walking distance either. Looking back we probably should have got the CR1 or gotten married in court as soon as I arrived instead of waiting 2 months for the big wedding but we didn't and we can't cry over spilt milk just look ahead at what is to come so I am looking forward to that EAD arriving! 

I understand
It's a struggle staying home doing nothing and this visa has so many limitations.
but just keep ur eye on the prize! We are very close to this all being behind us- at least you're together with your husband now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Meganh72 said:

I was checking to see if anyone knew what this status update meant? It is the most recent update for our application for employment Authorization (1-765), but we requested an expedite on his travel document. He has to leave to take his Canadian medical boards for his final year of Medical school, even though he wants to practice in the United States, legally as a Canadian he has to complete these boards as well. There was no update on his travel document receipt number only the employment. I know they come as one card now, but was just wondering why they updated only the work status and not the travel?  

image.png

image.png

Looks like he’s getting his combo card !! :)))) gives me hope as we filled the same day as you ! Probably the expedite helped tho. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yay interview scheduled for 18 October - San Diego!

I really hope it all goes smooth.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a green card after the interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
56 minutes ago, alexmc030 said:

Congrats!

I've heard it takes about a week to get the green card, if all goes well at the interview (nothing else is needed or requested).

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, danju said:

Looks like he’s getting his combo card !! :)))) gives me hope as we filled the same day as you ! Probably the expedite helped tho. 

He had to leave for his boards on September 3rd, so they are about a week behind the requested expedite date. Hopefully this is for his advance parole as well since he did leave on Monday September 3rd and they are aware of that! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, alexmc030 said:

Our too!! ) San Diego also! The same date!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.