TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
22 hours ago, xJohnMx said:

Ok... Need some advice VJ-ers. PLEASE

I was notified on 21 May that my address was updated. I was notified on 22 May that an RFE was mailed. Unfortunately, it went to my old address, and of course they don't forward. After waiting about 10 days and realizing that it was not possible it would take that long, I called and spoke to Customer Service. They told me that they could not do anything until 15 days has surpassed. So... in the meantime while I waited the additional days, I also sent in a trouble ticket (e-request) through the website. They gave me a trouble ticket number, and the new website showed that it was assigned to a case officer on 31 May.

Now... on 6 June (15 days), I called again to Customer Service to request a replacement letter. They then told me that since I submitted a request online, that I would have to wait until 30 days has surpassed from the time of the e-request!! #######?? So after a couple of days, I checked the website again, and it now read that the request was assigned to a case officer on 7 June!!

I am stuck waiting, and don't know what I can do. My fiancée is 3.5 months pregnant, and I need to get her here quickly for proper medical care.

What can I do?? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

@x_driven_x any ideas on this? Since the e-request was put in on 31 May, they said 30 days, then they changed the date to 7 June, does that mean I have to wait until 7 July to get any resolution?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, xJohnMx said:

@x_driven_x any ideas on this? Since the e-request was put in on 31 May, they said 30 days, then they changed the date to 7 June, does that mean I have to wait until 7 July to get any resolution?

I don't have an answer for you, sorry... one of the long term vets will have to chime in. @Greenbaum maybe?

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The A# is on the NOA2 I-797. Once assigned that number will travel with you always. So having gotten yours when you were 10 technically it should travel from document to document, process to process. That's my understanding.

That makes sense, mine has traveled with me since I got my white card in 1999. Does this mean he will automatically get a white card to show he is legally in the US? Do you know if we can use that Alien# to apply for SSN and DL? Or should we wait until the marriage certificate to do that? 

K1 

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Armenia 

I-129-F mailed to USCIS by attorney: 01-03-2018

NOA1: 01-08-2018 

NOA2: 07-24-2018 

NVC Recieved: 08-09-2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 08-13-2018

Left NVC: 08-21-2018

Consulate: 08-23-2018

Packet 3: 08-28-2018

Medical: 08-30-2018

Interview: 09-11-2018

Visa in Hand: 09-29-2018

POE: 10-03-2018 at Los Angeles, CA

Wedding: 11/16/2018

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AOS - Los Angeles, CA 

NO1: December 31, 2019 receipt date

Biometrics: 1/23/19 (letter received 1/11/19)

Biometrics processed: 1/25/19

Ready for Interview: April 3, 2019 AOS

Interview Scheduled Update: June 26, 2019 (letter received 7/1/2019)

Interview: August 6, 2019 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Officially hit 211 days..so I called USCIS for the first time. The lady on the phone was very polite but Im afraid not at all knowledgable about anything. It took a while but she figured out how to put in an out of normal processing time case inquiry. She said they will get back to me by 06/28/18 on the status of the case. Im hoping to God that it doesn't for whatever reason just make them mad and take longer. I know that's probably not going to happen but this process has made me so paranoid over every little thing, I don't want to annoy them. I waited until we were past their official processing date to call. Im so frustrated right now, and Im frustrated for all the people who filed before us who are also still waiting. It's so hard silently reading previous months' posts and seeing them go in order, and then November was a complete mess of a month in terms of them going in order. Sorry for this rant guys, but Im so emotional right now as I just had to tell our family and friends that the late August wedding we wanted to plan is not going to happen. :( 

25 minutes ago, Sandy05 said:

Officially hit 211 days..so I called USCIS for the first time. The lady on the phone was very polite but Im afraid not at all knowledgable about anything. It took a while but she figured out how to put in an out of normal processing time case inquiry. She said they will get back to me by 06/28/18 on the status of the case. Im hoping to God that it doesn't for whatever reason just make them mad and take longer. I know that's probably not going to happen but this process has made me so paranoid over every little thing, I don't want to annoy them. I waited until we were past their official processing date to call. Im so frustrated right now, and Im frustrated for all the people who filed before us who are also still waiting. It's so hard silently reading previous months' posts and seeing them go in order, and then November was a complete mess of a month in terms of them going in order. Sorry for this rant guys, but Im so emotional right now as I just had to tell our family and friends that the late August wedding we wanted to plan is not going to happen. :( 

I'm sorry to hear of your "pain". Rest assured everyone is in the same boat as you have a eluded to. I tell ppl over the years that this really is a simple process. You do what is asked, be patient as no one promised any date that you will be approved so there isn't really anything to get upset about. Stop looking at CEAC every hour, stop calling USCIS and NVC until such time that you either have received a notice or others around your time are getting approved. There are places here on VJ that you can follow others from your country who have filed a K-1 and you'll get a pretty good idea their progress compared to yours. I'd help you with the link but ….

Not knowing what Embassy you are processing through prevents us from responding to many of your questions. If you look at the profile others here, they have a flag for their country so it makes it easy for us to reply.

So if you could help yourself out and complete your profile sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

As a follow up to my strange predicament of not receiving an NOA 2 prior to receiving notice from the NVC with a case number I contacted USCIS to see why I never received any type of notification of approval. I had to call back 4 times to finally get something definitive. First 3 calls consisted of me talking to a standard operator whom, after repeating the same information over and over again, realized they could not help and that they would need to transfer me to someone else (presumably a Tier 2 officer I didn't ask). Each time I got transferred it would send me to an automated system explaining that I would get a call back when an officer is available. Problem is, every time I put my information in it would go into this infinite loop and eventually hangup. Finally, after the 4th call/transfer I got the automated system to recognize my information and proceed to wait for a call back. About 30 minutes later I got a call back with an automated message asking me if I wanted to speak to someone. I pressed '1' for yes and again got put on hold......5 min later reach an officer.

I was told they never sent a hard copy and that they would submit a request for me to receive one so that I could have for my records. I asked if I needed it moving forward and was told that having a hard copy is not necessary. I specifically then asked about the A-number and the officer told me that the A-number is for their tracking and identification purposes and is in the immigration system tied to a specific individual once it is generated. He stated that these numbers are used to track and identify immigrants for a variety of things (Approval to work, AOS application, etc). I asked at what point would I need to provide and he stated that it is not necessary as it will already be in the system tied to a particular individual and their corresponding Visa. 

The person I spoke with was and cordial  knowledgeable enough such that I had no reason to doubt anything I was being told. 

Thoughts? Don't shoot the messenger, I am just passing along information I was given straight from the source. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alekezam said:

As a follow up to my strange predicament of not receiving an NOA 2 prior to receiving notice from the NVC with a case number I contacted USCIS to see why I never received any type of notification of approval. I had to call back 4 times to finally get something definitive. First 3 calls consisted of me talking to a standard operator whom, after repeating the same information over and over again, realized they could not help and that they would need to transfer me to someone else (presumably a Tier 2 officer I didn't ask). Each time I got transferred it would send me to an automated system explaining that I would get a call back when an officer is available. Problem is, every time I put my information in it would go into this infinite loop and eventually hangup. Finally, after the 4th call/transfer I got the automated system to recognize my information and proceed to wait for a call back. About 30 minutes later I got a call back with an automated message asking me if I wanted to speak to someone. I pressed '1' for yes and again got put on hold......5 min later reach an officer.

I was told they never sent a hard copy and that they would submit a request for me to receive one so that I could have for my records. I asked if I needed it moving forward and was told that having a hard copy is not necessary. I specifically then asked about the A-number and the officer told me that the A-number is for their tracking and identification purposes and is in the immigration system tied to a specific individual once it is generated. He stated that these numbers are used to track and identify immigrants for a variety of things (Approval to work, AOS application, etc). I asked at what point would I need to provide and he stated that it is not necessary as it will already be in the system tied to a particular individual and their corresponding Visa. 

The person I spoke with was and cordial  knowledgeable enough such that I had no reason to doubt anything I was being told. 

Thoughts? Don't shoot the messenger, I am just passing along information I was given straight from the source. 

Don’t trust what the uscis customer service rep says to you. They have absolutely no clue as to what is and what is not required for adjustment of service. I suggest you listen to the advice of others here who have filed in the past get a copy of it now to avoid a problem down the road. Or down the road pay the uscis approx $400 dollars for a duplicate copy as will be required when you file i485

Edited by GP1977

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alekezam said:

Uscis i485 instructions 

Documentation of Your Immigrant Category (see Part 2., Item Numbers 1.a. - 1.g. of Form I-485)
All Form I-485 applicants must submit evidence showing that they are eligible for adjustment of status in a particular
immigrant category.
Filing as a Beneficiary of an Immigrant Petition
If you are filing as a beneficiary of an immigrant petition, you generally must submit a photocopy of Form I-797, Approval Notice, for your petition (or the principal applicant’s petition, if you are a derivative applicant), as appropriate.

Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes for the apps to update. I received my RFE a week ago today via the new website, but neither the old app or new app have updated. They both still say case received. I guess it doesn’t really matter since the website is updated but i was just curious. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for the apps to update. I received my RFE a week ago today via the new website, but neither the old app or new app have updated. They both still say case received. I guess it doesn’t really matter since the website is updated but i was just curious. 

I don't think anyone knows for sure. There are people who have received their NOA2 with both sites still saying "received" instead of "approved"

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

If you got an update on the new site it's highly likely the old site and the app will never show that update.

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

54 minutes ago, Rackle10187 said:

My RFE response was received on May 31st. The old website and app still say that the RFE was mailed, but the new one was updated to received. It's been two weeks and there hasn't been any additional noise on it. Maybe it somehow got turned into a silent update...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rackle10187 said:

It seems to be completely random. Not sure what's going on with their systems. 

I got notice from the NVC yesterday (6/13/18) that my petition was approved and forwarded onto the consulate without ever getting an NOA-2. So I ended up having to go through a lot of trouble to get them to send me hard copy....apparently from what I was told...they forgot to send me one in the first place! The USCIS couldn't tell me the date I was approved, only that they had sent the approval notice to the NVC on 5/26/18. Assuming a few days before they sent it I'd say approval date was probably around 5/20/18 or so. It's now almost a whole month later and both the old and new websites still show that they have only received my case. 

Having said that, there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to how they update their systems. 

So to those of you from November who still haven't received anything, you could end up with the same experience I had. You may already be approved but you won't know until either USCIS or the NVC informs you. The sucky thing is that even if you contact USCIS they'll almost be guaranteed to give you the run around. And everyone is right, the standard operator (Tier 1) you get when you first call will be of absolutely no help as all they can see is the same thing you can. The only reason they transferred me to a higher up was because I had already received a notice from the NVC. And from what I've read on here the higher ups aren't that much more helpful. Like I said, I'm pretty sure the only reason he helped me was because the NVC had already given me notice that the USCIS had approved me and that baffled him. It's appalling how it takes that kind of evidence to get them to actually dig into a case deeper when it was their mistake in the first place. 

I did get scared for a second thinking maybe it was opened up a can of worms and they were going to tell me that somehow the NVC received an error on USCIS's part and I was not approved yet. 

Maybe they get thousands of inquiries a day, so much so, that they just just resort to giving everyone the standard "we'll get back to you line"

Edited by Alekezam
Grammar correction

Timeline

Good day fellow November filers! Still waiting for our (nowhere to be found) NOA2 1f602.png😂1f602.png😂! Just a quick question...fiance is from Washington State. When we arrive in the US, would it be okay (for me) to stay for a week in SFO (with the fiance) and then drive to Washington State? Will there be an issue immigration wise? Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, lakwatserangpinay said:

Good day fellow November filers! Still waiting for our (nowhere to be found) NOA2 1f602.png😂1f602.png😂! Just a quick question...fiance is from Washington State. When we arrive in the US, would it be okay (for me) to stay for a week in SFO (with the fiance) and then drive to Washington State? Will there be an issue immigration wise? Thanks in advance for your inputs!

No issue at all.  Once you clear immigration at the airport you are free to go anywhere within the US you want.  

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.