Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Do you guys really think Pedro could have another wife back in the DR?  

It's possible, never know 

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

No. I think Pedro really does want to be in a relationship with Chantel and stay in the USA. I think he's a little shady and definitely sends too much back to the DR to his family.  But certainly no more than my Latin in-laws ask for.  We just tell them "no".  My sister in law basically gives my in-laws a monthly stipend to live off of, so it is actually super common for children to send money and things home to family. I totally believe that and understand it.  Do my husband and I do it?  Not really, though we do take on other financial responsibilities of his parents.  Again, it's the culture. We don't give them as much as they want, but we do help out. My sister-in-law pays their bills, gives them money for food, I'm talking everything. It's soooo normal. Chantel's family and Chantel just need to understand that.  If they did any sort of research at all into Latin culture they'd realize it's commonplace.

I think Chantel's family is ignorant and uneducated and bougie and terrible.  But when Pedro's all secretive it certainly doesn't help anything.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

11 hours ago, lucybelle said:

No. I think Pedro really does want to be in a relationship with Chantel and stay in the USA. I think he's a little shady and definitely sends too much back to the DR to his family.  But certainly no more than my Latin in-laws ask for.  We just tell them "no".  My sister in law basically gives my in-laws a monthly stipend to live off of, so it is actually super common for children to send money and things home to family. I totally believe that and understand it.  Do my husband and I do it?  Not really, though we do take on other financial responsibilities of his parents.  Again, it's the culture. We don't give them as much as they want, but we do help out. My sister-in-law pays their bills, gives them money for food, I'm talking everything. It's soooo normal. Chantel's family and Chantel just need to understand that.  If they did any sort of research at all into Latin culture they'd realize it's commonplace.

I think Chantel's family is ignorant and uneducated and bougie and terrible.  But when Pedro's all secretive it certainly doesn't help anything.

18 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

I don't think so either but it is funny just to talk about. Now on to everything else

I think Pedro is being super shady in regards to how much he sends home to his family and I think Chantel doesn't tell him No but just rolls over. Pedro reminds me a lot like my wife when she first got to the USA about sending money home to her family. But the difference is that I had a good sit down heart to heart with my wife about how much we are sending to the Philippines every month. We ended up putting her family on a budget basically and sent them X amount of money a month unless there is some verified emergency in which my wife is very keen about smoking out BS. So we are happy now because we send X amount a month and that's that so we are both happy pretty much. I do not think Chantel is doing this instead she is just allowing him to send whatever he wants home. Don't even get me started on the TV either, he could have just money home for them to buy one there.

Chantel's family I think is a mixture of concern and ignorance. They are ignorant of what happens in things like this but they are also concerned that he is not supporting their daughter.

19 hours ago, lucybelle said:

I think sending money to in-laws to help out is fine, as long as it's from your disposable income.  But when he sends so much that his family in the DR live MUCH better than them in Atlanta, that is a BIG problem.  And I think that's part of the problem that really concerns/bothers Chantel's family.  And I agree that they don't understand the cultural aspect of kids helping their parents.  

On a personal note- I think that I lucked out with my in-laws.  In 10 years of marriage, my in-laws have asked for money only a handful of times, and nothing extravagant.  A couple hundred dollars at most.  So no problem.

15 hours ago, Eric-Pris said:

I think sending money to in-laws to help out is fine, as long as it's from your disposable income.  But when he sends so much that his family in the DR live MUCH better than them in Atlanta, that is a BIG problem.  And I think that's part of the problem that really concerns/bothers Chantel's family.  And I agree that they don't understand the cultural aspect of kids helping their parents.  

On a personal note- I think that I lucked out with my in-laws.  In 10 years of marriage, my in-laws have asked for money only a handful of times, and nothing extravagant.  A couple hundred dollars at most.  So no problem.

Exactly what I told my wife. I told my wife that "I am not working to allow your family to live better than we are here" which she already heard it from me last year when we had to renovate/complete rebuild her mom's house that was damaged by a hurricane in 2012. It was supposed to be a simple renovation and ended up being almost a complete rebuild. All I kept saying to my wife is "you have until X amount of money that I will spend on the house, anything more than that and I will not pay for it. You should be lucky because I want a couple new guns and this is not allowing me to get them."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Exactly what I told my wife. I told my wife that "I am not working to allow your family to live better than we are here" which she already heard it from me last year when we had to renovate/complete rebuild her mom's house that was damaged by a hurricane in 2012. It was supposed to be a simple renovation and ended up being almost a complete rebuild. All I kept saying to my wife is "you have until X amount of money that I will spend on the house, anything more than that and I will not pay for it. You should be lucky because I want a couple new guns and this is not allowing me to get them."

Had similar experience....I even sold a couple bikes I rarely used and gave the in-laws the  money to renovate their place...I explained...this is it. Of course they went over the cost and kept asking for more...they aren't normally ones to ask for money so I wasn't to upset about it. Now Pedro...he's a real winner! Actually...all the people on the show have major issues, but I'm sure TLC loves it with all the drama. 

4 minutes ago, javadown2 said:

Had similar experience....I even sold a couple bikes I rarely used and gave the in-laws the  money to renovate their place...I explained...this is it. Of course they went over the cost and kept asking for more...they aren't normally ones to ask for money so I wasn't to upset about it. Now Pedro...he's a real winner! Actually...all the people on the show have major issues, but I'm sure TLC loves it with all the drama. 

Yeah my wife pretty much ensured that pretty much the big stuff is done with the house and now all it needs now is like painting and a few minor things. I said I am not paying for anything else for that house at all and they haven't asked for anything else.

You know TLC loves Pedro.

Nicole’s so-called lawyer is exactly why I cringe when I read on here that people gave dpent thousands on a lawyer to complete what is actually a very simple process. As I always say, all of the forms ask questions that you already know the answer to (name, date of birth, etc). If you don’t know the answers to those questions about your fiance or spouse then you shouldn’t be getting married. It’s not a Harvard entrance exam. All of the information about her options Nicole could have got with a good google search. But it is not dramatic enough for TLC and we have to see Nicole dragging her donut-filled self to a lawyer to show that it’s serious. Sure, if you need a waiver then a lawyer is a good idea but for most it’s just not necessary. 

I can see why Chantel’s family are concerned. There are two of them working and they live in a place smaller than I had as a student. But his mother and “sister” (I think there’s more to their relationship than siblings but that’s another discussion) are living in a spacious 3-bedroom apartment on their nickel. I don’t think her parents are stupid for not realizing that it’s part of the Latin culture to send money home - they had no need to know about this beforehand. They didn’t choose a DR man for Chantel so they are complete novices at all this. Surely his primary reason for coming to the USA was to build a life with his wife, not send money home. But it seems his priorities are mixed up. 

Did anyone see the instagram

posts from Russ and PaOla from their travels? How they had to sleep on the airport floor because they were so exhausted after traveling for 9 hours? Dude, my work day is longer than that and I come home and cook a meal, do household chores, etc without needing to sleep on the floor first. She can’t make it as an international model if she can’t cope with long-haul travel. What if she had to go to Australia? Not the right Kareeehr for her. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Timeline

I feel bad for Nicole. Its not going to end well for her.  It also make the whole immigration process seem negative and with the current immigration climate in the US Im sad that they are not portraying the process in a better light.

Pedro said straight up that he feels he has to be the man of his family and support the mom and sister so I dont know why Chantel and her family are like why are you doing this? He said so- quite clearly. For them to last they need to discuss it openly and set amounts like others here have suggested. 

So if Nicole goes to Morocco and marries Azan, won't they still need a co-sponsor to bring him to the US on a spousal visa?  He has been out of work during their entire two year "relationship."  With neither one of them working after they marry and live in Marrakesh until the CR-1 comes through, it all seems quite improbable.

17 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

So if Nicole goes to Morocco and marries Azan, won't they still need a co-sponsor to bring him to the US on a spousal visa?  He has been out of work during their entire two year "relationship."  With neither one of them working after they marry and live in Marrakesh until the CR-1 comes through, it all seems quite improbable.

Nicole had convinced her dad to be the co sponsor for the K1 when it was time to do AOS. I don't think he is on board now seeing as she is going to Morocco to get married. Sounds like the mom will be going also. The dress she picked out :blink: i think it maybe a problem wearing that in a conservative muslim country.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Chantel and Pedro: They are two kids playing house.  The problem is that a) they don't talk to eachother, and what they are comfortable with sending to his family/ what they want in the future for themselves, but mostly b) Chantel talks too much to her family.  She complains to them about money and how Pedro puts his family first, and then is surprised they don't like him????

Nicole:  CO made the right decision, that is not a genuine relationship, at least from his side.  She is the type who is easily manipulated, if it wasn't Azan, it would be an American fleecing her for money, what little she has.

David and Annie:  I cringed so hard through most of their scenes.  Good on her for putting her foot down on the sex with the son in the house though  :P  I was surprised at the high bride price; I know culturally they exist but that much, for a bar girl?  And when he had his interview... he must have thrown that on purpose, who talks like that in a job interview????

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Nicole is like a stubborn child that won't listen to anybody.  Even before receiving the official decision about the denial SHE  (not they) made the decision to go over there, marry him, file for the spousal visa, and live there while it's processing.  The last one in itself could be a whole new spinoff for TLC, "Nicole's Moroccan Adventures."  The heat and lack of McD' s will slim her down a little.  I say she lasts 30 days before coming back.  Oh and that dress, good God was a horror scene that wedding will be, half the people will go blind.  The mother is a total enabler, paying for her wedding dress (although I think they went to a thrift shop or something, I've never heard of a $799 wedding dress), and agreeing to attend the sham wedding.  If she didn't pay for everything, there would be no wedding since Nicole can't afford anything on her own.  The stepfather is more straight up, telling her she's being used by a guy who hasn't worked the entire 2 years (true), the wedding is a stupid idea (true), and that he's getting played (probably true). 

Pedro is a scammer.  His family are scammers.  His mother is a "lawyer" that arranges marriages for Dominicans with Americans for the purposes of immigration.  She even has a website, and Chantel didn't know any of it.  What exactly did she learn about him before getting a visa for him, besides his name?  Funny that a lawyer has to keep begging her son to send money.  But I don't think they need the money, they are just "harvesting the American dollar" (a ridiculous, idiotic phrase that her mother keeps repeating).    Chantel is being slowly fleeced and set up for the big finale when he just flat out leaves her after gets his 10 year GC.  He's stashing cash away (by sending to DR).  Her family is completely correct.  Their methods is stupid (telling him that they will "investigate" his family) but I think they can smell his BS.  Chantel is too young and dumb to know what is going on.  Next week's preview shows Pedro telling his "sister" that he bought her a ticket to visit and Chantel fights with him over it.  (How did she get a visa if she's a hooker?- according to Chantel)

Molly/little Pedro... who cares, I just fast forward over their scenes.  I can't stand either of them.

David/Annie... again who cares.  Boring.

Jorge went to marriage counseling just to make Anfisa happy.  I love on their drive home after the FIRST session, he asks her if she has gotten everything off her chest.  LOL  I think that he thought that she needed to vent and it would be one session, but I think he's in for many more sessions.  I don't know if she really wants to work on their marriage or is using therapy for him to stop going so she can say that he doesn't want to make the marriage work.   Some kind of divorce ploy.