Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, agrabs said:

My husband and I met up in cancun when we were waiting for his K1.   He was coming from Romania, his flight was thru mexico city and he was detained.  It took some time for him to get thru due to the language barrier.  He was told that because he was single and bought a ticket at the last minute they wanted to make sure he wasn't planning on staying and that he had a return ticket.  His sister met up with us on a holiday to cancun a few years ago and she also flew from Romania thru Mexico city and was detained there too for even longer for the same reason.  I'm not sure its that unusual.

Wow. Must have been scary. Glad everything worked out well for you all!

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

That cougar this season is worse than Darcy.  She has some 20-something boy toy in Belize.  And this one is REALLY desperate, she is basically supporting his entire extended family since Covid.  And she sends him expensive watches, sneakers, etc to sell I assume.  I think he said that he needs 5 more watches.  And if he doesn't pick up her call, she goes NUTS and immediately thinks he's cheating.  (CAN ANY OF YOU BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEBODY WHO YOU ASSUME IS CHEATING IF THEY DON'T ANSWER YOUR CALL?).  LOL

The last episode she tried to show him who's boss, but he was having none of it.  She snapped at him and said something like "You need to think about whether you want this relationship."  And threatened to end it.  And he shut her down quick.  He said "No, YOU need to think about that."  And she hung up and said to the camera that it's over WHEN SHE SEES HIM FACE TO FACE.  I'm sure that she isn't going to end it, and is saving face saying that she'll end it face to face.  If I wanted to end it, I wouldn't waste a trip.  There's something sick about that, like looking forward to seeing the person hurt in person.  Like Tom wanting to end it with Darcy "in person".   Sick stuff

Edited by Eric-Pris

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 7:45 AM, Cyberfx1024 said:

So apparently the guy in WA commutes 6 hours a day to and from work.... No wonder why she is so unhappy

I used to commute to Seattle too (and live not far from Mike and Natalie). I only did it once a week though. No way I could do that drive every day. If she’s already unhappy imagine how he must feel. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

So many questions this season...

Why was Amira detained when presumably she had an onward ticket to the US and a soon-to-expire K-1? I understand Mexico might have an issue with people coming who have no proof of onward travel but she’s from France and has permission to move to the US to live. Both countries offer her better opportunities and quality of life than Mexico. Family in France and fiancé in the US. She probably doesn’t even speak much Spanish. So what could make an immigration officer suspect that she was trying to get into Mexico for good? She has no ties there but plenty of ties outside Mexico. 

Julia and the farm. At first I couldn’t work out if all those animals are just pets or if it’s a commercial venture. I googled. It’s a commercial venture. She can’t legally work on the farm. Too bad she doesn’t know that because that would be the best reason of all to get out of all the chores they expect of her.

Rebecca and So Maaaach Zied. She’s had a year to prepare for his arrival but the bed is still in storage because she doesn’t have a truck to move it. How much is she paying for storage? You can rent a U-Haul for around $20 for an hour or two to move a bed. And what does it matter she lived in the same building previously with her third husband? I don’t get why she thinks these things are such a big deal. The same as her relationship with a woman, it was an experiment years ago. She’s not the only one to do that. He didn’t need to know. And even if she wanted him to know it didn’t have to be in such dramatic fashion. 

Yara. Green-card hunter extraordinaire. Jovi is just the stepping stone to get her foot in the door here. They won’t last. As soon as she has her much-desired GC she will gone. Off to California so fast you won’t see her for dust. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

7 hours ago, JFH said:

So many questions this season...

Why was Amira detained when presumably she had an onward ticket to the US and a soon-to-expire K-1? I understand Mexico might have an issue with people coming who have no proof of onward travel but she’s from France and has permission to move to the US to live. Both countries offer her better opportunities and quality of life than Mexico. Family in France and fiancé in the US. She probably doesn’t even speak much Spanish. So what could make an immigration officer suspect that she was trying to get into Mexico for good? She has no ties there but plenty of ties outside Mexico. 

Julia and the farm. At first I couldn’t work out if all those animals are just pets or if it’s a commercial venture. I googled. It’s a commercial venture. She can’t legally work on the farm. Too bad she doesn’t know that because that would be the best reason of all to get out of all the chores they expect of her.

Rebecca and So Maaaach Zied. She’s had a year to prepare for his arrival but the bed is still in storage because she doesn’t have a truck to move it. How much is she paying for storage? You can rent a U-Haul for around $20 for an hour or two to move a bed. And what does it matter she lived in the same building previously with her third husband? I don’t get why she thinks these things are such a big deal. The same as her relationship with a woman, it was an experiment years ago. She’s not the only one to do that. He didn’t need to know. And even if she wanted him to know it didn’t have to be in such dramatic fashion. 

Yara. Green-card hunter extraordinaire. Jovi is just the stepping stone to get her foot in the door here. They won’t last. As soon as she has her much-desired GC she will gone. Off to California so fast you won’t see her for dust. 

Apparently Yara is pregnant, so she has Jovi, hook, line  and sinker. For at least 18 years. 

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

The old Cougar is going to visit her "27 year old fiance" (she seems very proud of how young he is) in Belize.  Last week, she tried to assert her power over him but quickly put her in her place.  The kid pretty much told her who the boss is.  The problem is that he's not really her fiance since he never proposed to her.  She has an answer to that problem, she is bringing a ring that her father gave her mother, and thinks this is the trip that [she get him to propose to her] .  And she's bringing him 12 watches, including one that cost $3,000 apparently.  And 10+ shirts including matching shirts.  Jeans, etc. Sad.  This guy probably thinks he hit the lottery. 

These people are using the K-1 as a trial.  :wacko:

1 hour ago, Eric-Pris said:

The old Cougar is going to visit her "27 year old fiance" (she seems very proud of how young he is) in Belize.  Last week, she tried to assert her power over him but quickly put her in her place.  The kid pretty much told her who the boss is.  The problem is that he's not really her fiance since he never proposed to her.  She has an answer to that problem, she is bringing a ring that her father gave her mother, and thinks this is the trip that [she get him to propose to her] .  And she's bringing him 12 watches, including one that cost $3,000 apparently.  And 10+ shirts including matching shirts.  Jeans, etc. Sad.  This guy probably thinks he hit the lottery. 

And you wanna bet he pawns the stuff she brings him!! lol

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

On 1/24/2021 at 10:52 PM, Eric-Pris said:

definitely one of the top 5 most absurd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I forgot to mention before my wife doesn't like me watching the show, because she feels its provides discredit upon foreigner, which I totally understand, especially when it comes to Larisaa, because my wife is Brazilian as well. She thinks people will view all Brazilians like that. 

That watch did NOT cost $3,000. 

This is the first year since the second season that I'm actually watching 90DF in real time as the episodes are released. The only couple I actually feel something more than "DO NOT DO THIS" about is Brandon and Julia, and that's more out of pity than anything else, and mostly for Julia. She's a pretty, funny, intelligent woman who got suckered into a situation that I think Brandon didn't plan but he's stuck both of them in it. He's bullied by his emotionally manipulative parents who treat both of them like trash. His mom and dad act like he's the apple of their eye but the reality is they see him as an extension of themselves. He MUST do what they see is best for him. I was in a marriage like that. (Narrator: Layla is no longer in a marriage like that.) It crushes you after a while, and you just go down the path of least resistance because pushing back can hurt a lot more. Looking at the teaser for the next episode, it looks like Mom and Dad are now doing the "hurt a lot more" bit on Brandon. 

The rest are pretty much past redemption. Hazel is more into women than she is into Tarik, no shame in that, but she's here to marry him. Also the way he handled the thing with Minty was ridiculous.

Mike should NOT marry Natalie -- he's fairly normal and that woman is... intense. That's a nice word for it. All of her "low class" malarkey and trying to force him to be something he's not. Awful.

Andrew and Amira: the Mexican immigration authorities did her a solid by deporting her. That man is not right in the head -- complete control freak. While I didn't see anything wrong with him taking the rest of the holiday (he paid for it after all), it did come across as him rubbing her face in it. 

Jovi and Yara: she's vapid and vain; he's an alcoholic. Who has a White Claw for breakfast?? 

I don't think I can say anything about Rebecca and Zied that hasn't already been made clear on here. I do feel a bit bad for him -- Rebecca did squat about making her home ready. Before my ex moved over here on the K1 visa, we had bought a home in anticipation of the move and I busted my rear end making it right for us both. Even if it wasn't completely full of furniture by the time he entered, it had beds in two of the bedrooms! We had a choice! :lol: I was working full time too and managed to make it all work with help from family and friends. 

Stephanie and Ryan: That woman is strung out on Xanax. I watch 90DF with my friend Jenn on speakerphone, and she was the one who pointed it out to me. Jenn said, tell me that woman doesn't look like she's on Zannies. TELL ME. Uh, yeah, she does. When she was having that dinner with Ryan (where he totally ordered that lobster like nbd, of course I get the lobster when this lady's around!), she looked and sounded MORE out of it before she started drinking. Also, it bears repeating: THAT IS NOT A $3,000 WATCH. :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How much is the watch worth?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I thought the K1 visas would have been extended due to the pandemic? Was it not the case?

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

22 hours ago, Boiler said:

How much is the watch worth?

According to Reddit, $219.

https://screenrant.com/90-day-fiance-stephanie-ryan-cheap-watch-gifts/

If I were stupid enough to pay $3000 for a watch I’d expect it to be in a box or some form of case. Those watches looked like they were from a market stall or stolen. No cases or boxes. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

On 1/28/2021 at 9:31 PM, laylalex said:

That watch did NOT cost $3,000. 

This is the first year since the second season that I'm actually watching 90DF in real time as the episodes are released. The only couple I actually feel something more than "DO NOT DO THIS" about is Brandon and Julia, and that's more out of pity than anything else, and mostly for Julia. She's a pretty, funny, intelligent woman who got suckered into a situation that I think Brandon didn't plan but he's stuck both of them in it. He's bullied by his emotionally manipulative parents who treat both of them like trash. His mom and dad act like he's the apple of their eye but the reality is they see him as an extension of themselves. He MUST do what they see is best for him. I was in a marriage like that. (Narrator: Layla is no longer in a marriage like that.) It crushes you after a while, and you just go down the path of least resistance because pushing back can hurt a lot more. Looking at the teaser for the next episode, it looks like Mom and Dad are now doing the "hurt a lot more" bit on Brandon. 

The rest are pretty much past redemption. Hazel is more into women than she is into Tarik, no shame in that, but she's here to marry him. Also the way he handled the thing with Minty was ridiculous.

Mike should NOT marry Natalie -- he's fairly normal and that woman is... intense. That's a nice word for it. All of her "low class" malarkey and trying to force him to be something he's not. Awful.

Andrew and Amira: the Mexican immigration authorities did her a solid by deporting her. That man is not right in the head -- complete control freak. While I didn't see anything wrong with him taking the rest of the holiday (he paid for it after all), it did come across as him rubbing her face in it. 

Jovi and Yara: she's vapid and vain; he's an alcoholic. Who has a White Claw for breakfast?? 

I don't think I can say anything about Rebecca and Zied that hasn't already been made clear on here. I do feel a bit bad for him -- Rebecca did squat about making her home ready. Before my ex moved over here on the K1 visa, we had bought a home in anticipation of the move and I busted my rear end making it right for us both. Even if it wasn't completely full of furniture by the time he entered, it had beds in two of the bedrooms! We had a choice! :lol: I was working full time too and managed to make it all work with help from family and friends. 

Stephanie and Ryan: That woman is strung out on Xanax. I watch 90DF with my friend Jenn on speakerphone, and she was the one who pointed it out to me. Jenn said, tell me that woman doesn't look like she's on Zannies. TELL ME. Uh, yeah, she does. When she was having that dinner with Ryan (where he totally ordered that lobster like nbd, of course I get the lobster when this lady's around!), she looked and sounded MORE out of it before she started drinking. Also, it bears repeating: THAT IS NOT A $3,000 WATCH. :D 

Pretty spot on assessment. Mike is one the more sane people on the show, since the earlier seasons.