703 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Emgee said:

You're always on point, thanks for sharing your insights. I got stressed in the past days thinking whether to move forward with or without the help of the consultant due to the cost but having professional help gives me so much confidence and peace.

You’re very welcome. I didn’t want to pay for an attorney. Plus I’ve seen a lot of people pay for one and then the attorney makes a lot of mistakes and delays then for weeks or months. 

But it if you have a unique immigration situation, a good attorney, can afford it, and it gives you peace of mind then keep him or her. 

Ive been learning by trial and error and from others on VJ. My husband and I had a month stuck in NVC but we finally got CC on April 15. 

Timeline

Good morning all. 

The previous week has gone by without any NOA2 announcements from any May filer that's still waiting to hear from the USCIS.

It's 360 days for me and no NOA2 yet. 

If you're in this category, pls post your approvals so we know when to expect ours. 

Have a good week. 

Timeline

This is what the Receipt date for a case inquiry on uscis website (Nebraska Service Center) looks like today. Some of us with May petitions still haven't received NOA2, yet they are currently looking at August petitions. What could be going on? 

Screenshot_20190520-100251.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

This is what the Receipt date for a case inquiry on uscis website (Nebraska Service Center) looks like today. Some of us with May petitions still haven't received NOA2, yet they are currently looking at August petitions. What could be going on? 

Screenshot_20190520-100251.png

They aren't looking at August, just saying that early August filers can make a case inquiry.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/20/2019 at 3:57 AM, sunrisecouples said:

Good morning all. 

The previous week has gone by without any NOA2 announcements from any May filer that's still waiting to hear from the USCIS.

It's 360 days for me and no NOA2 yet. 

If you're in this category, pls post your approvals so we know when to expect ours. 

Have a good week. 

Have you receive your NOA2? 

I'm May 2018 filer while I was a greencard holder. Now US Citizen. how before I see my application move forward. I did contact USCIS & let them know to upgrade my application. they said within 5 months for process to start.

is it really 5 months or will I see application move sooner and whole process get completed in 5 months?

Timeline

Praise God!

My I797 (NOA2) has been approved. My wife received it in a mail today but the USCIS website/casetracker app is still not updated yet. 

@durdana have you received your NOA2?

My NOA2 says notice date was 20th May 2019.

Thank God for this approval and the grace to go through the very long wait. 

It would have been exactly 1year tomorrow, since the NOA1.

Shout-out to everyone whose comments here was helpful to me someway.

Timeline
10 hours ago, sunrisecouples said:

Praise God!

My I797 (NOA2) has been approved. My wife received it in a mail today but the USCIS website/casetracker app is still not updated yet. 

God is awesome!! I am so happy for you! You have been optimistic from the beginning and it it well deserved! Goodluck with the rest of your process. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MrsEze said:

God is awesome!! I am so happy for you! You have been optimistic from the beginning and it it well deserved! Goodluck with the rest of your process. 

Thank you @MrsEze. 

For the first time in the last 1year of waiting for NOA2 from USCIS, I slept with both my eyes closed. I went to bed last night so excited knowing that I will be done with this whole process very soon and I can be reunited with my wife in the US again.

What's the current situation with your i130 petition @MrsEze? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Thank you @MrsEze. 

For the first time in the last 1year of waiting for NOA2 from USCIS, I slept with both my eyes closed. I went to bed last night so excited knowing that I will be done with this whole process very soon and I can be reunited with my wife in the US again.

What's the current situation with your i130 petition @MrsEze? 

Lol, I knew you slept very well last night. We are July filers waiting for approval but we hope in the next month or two to be hearing  good news like you. By His grace! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, sunrisecouples said:

Praise God!

Thank God!  Happy for you and feel also happy reading these news. They still didn't update it?  But at least they're working...

I saw on your timeline from Florida also your spouse.  I'm from Florida

Our pd is July 13th, 2018 🙏. Nebraska center

Spouse from India.

Living with him in India.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

Thank God!  Happy for you and feel also happy reading these news. They still didn't update it?  But at least they're working...

I saw on your timeline from Florida also your spouse.  I'm from Florida

Our pd is July 13th, 2018 🙏. Nebraska center

Spouse from India.

Living with him in India.

Hello @Saci Singh,

Thank you for your message. The USCIS website/casetracker app is still not updated yet but we have I797/NOA2 in our hands and waiting to hear from NVC. Yes, my wife is in Florida and I am from Nigeria. Keep the faith and hope alive. You will get your NOA2 soon. Wish you the very best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.