703 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, sunrisecouples said:

Where is the May filer on here, with the same PD with me?  I mean May 25th 2018? I haven't heard anything from you in a while. Did you get your NOA2 already?  Reply soon.

May 25, 2018 PD I’m still waiting 

On 5/11/2019 at 2:58 AM, CJO032418 said:

You will get an email if you provided an email address prior. Expect up to 8 weeks to get a case number AFTER the NVC gets your file. Then expect being unable to log on to CEAC for 3 to 14 days to start payments and submitting documents. 

However, with all that said you should still call the NVC at every step. Because too often they assign a number but delay or never send you a notice telling you so. And you can’t sign in and they won’t elevate the log in issues if you don’t call to complain. 

If the NVC rejects any of your documents, no matter what notice or explanation they provide, call them and have them explain on the phone what’s needed to correct the problem. Because often their notifications is nonsensical or missing. And every reject adds up to 3 additional weeks of delay. 

Read  the state department website completely while you wait. And reread it at every step. It’s a lot of information. Most of it is convoluted .... who can afford week after week delays over missing a step in the NVC process. 

Do a Senate and congressional inquiry if you have any problems or severe delays because the NVC won’t do anything about their egregious broken processes. 

Emailing them will get a pre canned response 2 weeks later. 

Better to call. Expect having to make up to 40 back  to back calls before you finally get thru and to wait up to an hour to talk to anyone. Most of them are rude and uninterested and uncompassionate. 

Hi CJ,  thanks for taking the time to share this valuable info! I already received my case number from NVC last week. I wish I really took time to read the steps in the NVC website ahead of time while waiting for NOA 2 and NVC letter. I depended too much on our agent/consultant. I have the case number and could already pay the fees and upload documents but haven't gathered them all yet due to certain circumstances. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, durdana said:

May 25, 2018 PD I’m still waiting 

Oh, I thought I lost you. Happy Sunday to you. I believe God for the approval and issuance of our NOA2 from USCIS this WEEK. We should start preparing for the next step now.

Timeline

For those of those that are still wait8ng for USCIS, we can do with gathering all the necessary documents required by NVC, in anticipation of the next stage of the process. Can somebody state the list of documents we are required to provide the NVC and the exact fee we need to pay, after our case file goes from USCIS to NVC and after we receive our NVC case number. Emgee, Mike445, CJO032418, SenoJ.. We could do with y'all help. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, sunrisecouples said:

Oh, I thought I lost you. Happy Sunday to you. I believe God for the approval and issuance of our NOA2 from USCIS this WEEK. We should start preparing for the next step now.

Oh yes, exactly! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Emgee said:

Hi CJ,  thanks for taking the time to share this valuable info! I already received my case number from NVC last week. I wish I really took time to read the steps in the NVC website ahead of time while waiting for NOA 2 and NVC letter. I depended too much on our agent/consultant. I have the case number and could already pay the fees and upload documents but haven't gathered them all yet due to certain circumstances. 

You’re welcome. Please read all in this link carefully 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

2 hours ago, sunrisecouples said:

For those of those that are still wait8ng for USCIS, we can do with gathering all the necessary documents required by NVC, in anticipation of the next stage of the process. Can somebody state the list of documents we are required to provide the NVC and the exact fee we need to pay, after our case file goes from USCIS to NVC and after we receive our NVC case number. Emgee, Mike445, CJO032418, SenoJ.. We could do with y'all help. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

I will answer after church. 

Edited by CJO032418

Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 5/10/2019 at 1:38 PM, gonzolux said:

Congrats! How did you know that your case was assigned to an officer for review? I did an outside of normal processing request on March 20th and I just got told to wait 60 more days. My PD is June 6th, 2018.

I was told to wait 60 more days as Well. Everyone is told the same thing. If you made an account on the uscis website  before, login here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/logon.do;jsessionid=061B4B3AF5B62DAFA08CED2A07F65586 .... It will tell you any new updated to your case. This is where it said my case was assigned to an officer for review. The day that you were told to wait 60 days is probably the day that your case was assigned to an officer for review :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Emily & Mohamed said:

I was told to wait 60 more days as Well. Everyone is told the same thing. If you made an account on the uscis website  before, login here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/logon.do;jsessionid=061B4B3AF5B62DAFA08CED2A07F65586 .... It will tell you any new updated to your case. This is where it said my case was assigned to an officer for review. The day that you were told to wait 60 days is probably the day that your case was assigned to an officer for review :)

I have an account already. Unfortunately it just says my inquiry was sent to an officer for a response. And that response was given on April 5th - wait 60 days. Case Tracker just says they are doing RFEs for early June right now for the last 2 weeks, no approvals for the cases around mine. I am honestly wondering if they will even start giving out June approvals this month. 

Timeline
On 5/13/2019 at 12:18 AM, sunrisecouples said:

Still expecting your answer, CJO032418.

Hi

sorry got busy Sunday and yesterday was not feeling well. 

As as soon as I can get to a computer I will log in to my account and tell you the info there. I don’t remember all the details about cost and forms and I don’t want to give you any miss information.  I have a class I will be teaching soon. During the break I’ll try to send the info you asked about. 

Timeline
On 5/13/2019 at 12:18 AM, sunrisecouples said:

Still expecting your answer, CJO032418.

Sorry for the delay...been very busy. See below:

AOS Fee:  $120

IV Fee:  $325

after your payments are processed (3 to 5 days normally), you can fill out the DS-260. 

Have all all the information when filling it out (most of the same info you used for the USCIS Forms 130 and K3 visa application). Make sure to save often because the system times out without warning. And you will have to start all over again. If you have a lot of addresses, etc, that will take time to type or if you have to stop and look up information it will time out. Just save often. So that when it does time out you don’t have to start over from the very beginning of the form. 

Next  you will submit the following documents:

Form 864 (you need to check the dept of state website to determine which version of the form to complete).

Federal Income Tax Form 1040 or the Tax Transcript. 

W2

Pay stubs

Passport Biographic Page

2 Passport Pictures 

Birth Certificate 

Police Certificate 

Marriage Certificate 

Divorce certificate (if applicable)

Uploading documents:

1. Upload right side up. 

2. Clear not blurry. 

3. Complete page with nothing cut off. 

4. Form 864: all pages even those that are NA. For any question that is not applicable don’t leave blank. Instead write NA. Make sure it is properly signed also. 

5. Compress documents that exceed 2MB. 

6. Do not combine different types of documents together. For example do not combine W2 with tax forms. Instead upload separately under additional or supporting documents. 

7. Go to travel.state.gov and view the visa reciprocity webpage and read to determine the other documents your country requires to be submitted to the NVC. Read EVERYTHING listed to make sure you upload exactly what they want. This webpage has more listed than what’s requested the CEAC website and its required by the NVC

Visit the travel.state.gov website, click US Visa, click Immigrate, on the left click the immigration process , in the center of the page click begin NVC processing , scroll down a bit and read EVERYTHING. 

Read ALL the steps. Read it twice and then read it again. Click every imbedded hyperlink and read that information too. 

I cannot emphasis enough that that you need to study that website. 

oh and lastly send all original documents express mail to the beneficiary. S/he will need them for the interview. 

Go to VJ Wikipedia to learn in detail how to prepare for the interview. (It’s linked somewhere on this site)

Hope this helps. 

Edited by CJO032418

On 5/12/2019 at 11:33 PM, sunrisecouples said:

I have someone professionally assist us in these things since I am really getting stressed and confused with this process. Though I am still studying and researching on the NVC website as well as reading forums here at VJ. It would cost us extra but I can't risk committing a lot of mistakes on the way and incurring more delays. But I understand that people here in VJ would advise that asking for help from an attorney or consultant is not necessary. You can do it on your own. It's just that my case might be a bit more complicated than most of you in this thread. The affidavit of Support fee is &120.00 and the Visa application fee is $325.00. For the affidavit of support, our consultant is asking us to prepare the following:

1) 2018, 2017, 2016 - Tax Transcript
2) 2018, 2017, 2016 - W2
3) Pay stub in the past 3 months or Certificate of Employment
4) Copy of driver's license
5) Copy of proof of citizenship - US Passport or Green card whichever is applicable
6) Other financial documents - bank statement, etc. 

For the Visa Application prepare the following:
1)Copy of passport
2)Police clearance (In the Philippines it's the NBI clearance for travel abroad)
3)Birth Certificates (Petitioner and Beneficiary)
4)Marriage Certificate
5)2x2 photos with white background

For those who are more knowledgeable/experienced on this process, can you kindly comment on why our travel consultant seems to be asking a lot of financial/supporting documents for the AoS package compared to what is listed in the NVC website? Did I miss anything? Also to those who are waiting for NOA 2, now is really the right time to gather the documents and study the next process. Just when I thought I had passed the long wait, I am now overwhelmed with everything that has to be done. Or maybe it's just me, best regards to you all!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Emgee said:

I have someone professionally assist us in these things since I am really getting stressed and confused with this process. Though I am still studying and researching on the NVC website as well as reading forums here at VJ. It would cost us extra but I can't risk committing a lot of mistakes on the way and incurring more delays. But I understand that people here in VJ would advise that asking for help from an attorney or consultant is not necessary. You can do it on your own. It's just that my case might be a bit more complicated than most of you in this thread. The affidavit of Support fee is &120.00 and the Visa application fee is $325.00. For the affidavit of support, our consultant is asking us to prepare the following:

1) 2018, 2017, 2016 - Tax Transcript
2) 2018, 2017, 2016 - W2
3) Pay stub in the past 3 months or Certificate of Employment
4) Copy of driver's license
5) Copy of proof of citizenship - US Passport or Green card whichever is applicable
6) Other financial documents - bank statement, etc. 

For the Visa Application prepare the following:
1)Copy of passport
2)Police clearance (In the Philippines it's the NBI clearance for travel abroad)
3)Birth Certificates (Petitioner and Beneficiary)
4)Marriage Certificate
5)2x2 photos with white background

For those who are more knowledgeable/experienced on this process, can you kindly comment on why our travel consultant seems to be asking a lot of financial/supporting documents for the AoS package compared to what is listed in the NVC website? Did I miss anything? Also to those who are waiting for NOA 2, now is really the right time to gather the documents and study the next process. Just when I thought I had passed the long wait, I am now overwhelmed with everything that has to be done. Or maybe it's just me, best regards to you all!

Probably for proof of financial stability. I submitted 6 months worth of pay stubs and 3 years of tax returns and a statement from the entity that pays my disability. I probably didn’t need to submit all that. But I worked 2 jobs up until last year and I live in a very expensive area with more than one person in my household so I wanted to make sure there was no question about my finances. 

As as you said everyone case is different. So your consultant might have a reason for asking for all that you listed. It’s better to send too much than not enough. 

Also the CEAC website does not list everything that is required. The state department website has a longer list for each country. Sounds like you have an experienced consultant. 

11 minutes ago, CJO032418 said:

Probably for proof of financial stability. I submitted 6 months worth of pay stubs and 3 years of tax returns and a statement from the entity that pays my disability. I probably didn’t need to submit all that. But I worked 2 jobs up until last year and I live in a very expensive area with more than one person in my household so I wanted to make sure there was no question about my finances. 

As as you said everyone case is different. So your consultant might have a reason for asking for all that you listed. It’s better to send too much than not enough. 

Also the CEAC website does not list everything that is required. The state department website has a longer list for each country. Sounds like you have an experienced consultant. 

You're always on point, thanks for sharing your insights. I got stressed in the past days thinking whether to move forward with or without the help of the consultant due to the cost but having professional help gives me so much confidence and peace.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.