2,309 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, WAMER said:

Still waiting. May 31 NOA1. Opened a case status 1 week ago. They have 30 days to respond. 214 days and counting. Yes, there is no option to open a case over the phone but by selecting other options you can get to a real person that you can talk with and open a case.

I'll be curious to see what your results are to your inquiry. I submitted my inquiry online on 12/5/18 USCIS replied via email on 12/19/18. Their answer here it is word for word and I quote:

The status of this service request is:

On 12/05/2018, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.  unquote

My NOA1 date is 5/8/18 so I am into day 242. I was told by another person that their reply may or may not be a generic answer as anytime a petitioner or agent inquires about a case USCIS will reply "adjudicated" and if it's a inquiry  from a congress person the reply will be "security checks". I am currently into 28 days into the 45 day time frame USCIS quoted me in their reply. But yes there is always a but notice they said SHOULD receive a notice of action. USCIS word is not gospel and I have understood and read here on VJ where other members have submitted many inquiries to USCIS and they all come back saying within 45 days. This is not perhaps what you want to hear but be advised I am just sharing with you MY experience. Only thing I can say is USCIS did reply within the 30 days they have to reply to your inquiry. BTW it will be 45 days on 2/2/19 and at this point all i can do you guessed it is continue to wait before I attempt my next step at trying to get a straight answer and or resolve this issue. So please let us know how you fared with your inquiry and we can put this to rest about the reply being generic.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 10/25/2018 at 8:16 PM, John & Rose said:

Wow!!!  Very similar. We were told by an agency that I should say no since I was expunged. Here is the truth...you should answer YES. The I-129f is all about the petitioner. Just like you, my YES would not have made any difference in the petition. It was a misdemeanor battery arrest that was dropped and later expunged. By court order all digital and paper copies of the arrest were to be destroyed and they were. I do have a copy of the expungement order though. 

It seems that lawyers know as much about this as the agencies we pay to help do. If you read the actual directions they specifically says that the petitoner should answer yes if they were ever arrested even if someone tells them to answer no or they were expunged. I have a feeling they have seen this before. I would try to amend the petition but I also have to say that since this happened to me I have heard from at least a dozen people in almost the same situation (answered no when they had an arrest) and they were all approved. Your lawyer and my agency were both wrong. It isn’t the end. If you can amend try that. We were approved by NVC. They took my wife’s and step kids passports and congratulated us at the interview but 48 hours later saw that we were refused. It happened after the interview in AP. At some point try to fix that honest mistake and you will be fine. It is more about the disclosure than the actual arrest. 

Hey,

I'm the petitioner. When I filed the I-129f, I had no record. Just this week, my sister and I had an altercation and I was arrested but out on bond. The courts say it will be a misdemeanor for my first offense.

Am I supposed to contact NVC or amend the application? Right now, I think it is too far along and I need to cancel all together.

What do I do? It seems like the lawyers may misadvise. I just saw someone say that It wouldn't need to be adjusted but I want to confirm.

8 hours ago, Anna1988 said:

Hey,

I'm the petitioner. When I filed the I-129f, I had no record. Just this week, my sister and I had an altercation and I was arrested but out on bond. The courts say it will be a misdemeanor for my first offense.

Am I supposed to contact NVC or amend the application? Right now, I think it is too far along and I need to cancel all together.

What do I do? It seems like the lawyers may misadvise. I just saw someone say that It wouldn't need to be adjusted but I want to confirm.

No. Don’t do anything now. Make sure the beneficiary has all the paperwork with her at the interview. She can explain it there. Don’t worry about changing the petition. Be honest with the CO and you should be fine. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

No. Don’t do anything now. Make sure the beneficiary has all the paperwork with her at the interview. She can explain it there. Don’t worry about changing the petition. Be honest with the CO and you should be fine. 

Okay. Should I send him my court records and the Court's decision once they make one? And should I send a signed statement?

They will need court certified copies at the interview. It won’t hurt to send what you have now to start getting it all together. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 1/5/2019 at 11:25 AM, Sarge2155 said:

I'll be curious to see what your results are to your inquiry. I submitted my inquiry online on 12/5/18 USCIS replied via email on 12/19/18. Their answer here it is word for word and I quote:

The status of this service request is:

On 12/05/2018, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your case is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

*A notice of action may be in a form of Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.  unquote

My NOA1 date is 5/8/18 so I am into day 242. I was told by another person that their reply may or may not be a generic answer as anytime a petitioner or agent inquires about a case USCIS will reply "adjudicated" and if it's a inquiry  from a congress person the reply will be "security checks". I am currently into 28 days into the 45 day time frame USCIS quoted me in their reply. But yes there is always a but notice they said SHOULD receive a notice of action. USCIS word is not gospel and I have understood and read here on VJ where other members have submitted many inquiries to USCIS and they all come back saying within 45 days. This is not perhaps what you want to hear but be advised I am just sharing with you MY experience. Only thing I can say is USCIS did reply within the 30 days they have to reply to your inquiry. BTW it will be 45 days on 2/2/19 and at this point all i can do you guessed it is continue to wait before I attempt my next step at trying to get a straight answer and or resolve this issue. So please let us know how you fared with your inquiry and we can put this to rest about the reply being generic.

Thank you so much for sharing your details. Much appreciated. I guess I will go through the same process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all, I haven't been on for awhile still waiting at 230 and still counting.  Thanks to the folks who have reached out during the holidays to follow up.  @Sarge2155 we are still here waiting.  I enjoyed our talks and thank you for your advice.  I guess there isn't much to be done at this point but continue to wait.  

I know everyone on my May 2018 folks are moving right along.  Continued happiness as we move along. Your experience will be helpful for the remaining so continue to enjoy and move through the process of bringing your loved ones closer.

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

21 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

Hi all, I haven't been on for awhile still waiting at 230 and still counting.  Thanks to the folks who have reached out during the holidays to follow up.  @Sarge2155 we are still here waiting.  I enjoyed our talks and thank you for your advice.  I guess there isn't much to be done at this point but continue to wait.  

I know everyone on my May 2018 folks are moving right along.  Continued happiness as we move along. Your experience will be helpful for the remaining so continue to enjoy and move through the process of bringing your loved ones closer.

Thank you and please consider doing what we discussed, it can't hurt it can ONLY help. Looks like your turtle pooped out I know its been longer than 5 months in. I have to manually update mine every few days can't seem to get it to auto update.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, I’m new here. Applied for K-1 visa on May 20 - Got our NOA 1 on May 25 - got NOA 2 on Nov 13 - Got letter from NVC saying our case was forwarded to the Embassy in Montreal, Canada on Dec.26th. Does anyone know how long till I can expect my interview date letter from the embassy? And will the US government closure affect the letter’s arrival?? Any info would be much appreciated!! 

12 hours ago, sarahlane said:

Hello, I’m new here. Applied for K-1 visa on May 20 - Got our NOA 1 on May 25 - got NOA 2 on Nov 13 - Got letter from NVC saying our case was forwarded to the Embassy in Montreal, Canada on Dec.26th. Does anyone know how long till I can expect my interview date letter from the embassy? 2-4 weeks. And will the US government closure affect the letter’s arrival?? NO Any info would be much appreciated!! 

You can't hurry it along at all. You have to wait for P3 which takes 2-4 weeks from Ready (ceac.state.gov). Comply with what they ask for in P3 (the actual one they send you) by sending them a copy of the signed P3 checklist, your DS-160 confirmation and your Passport Bio. Then they send you P4. Then they tell you to register to schedule and you'll wait some more for interviews to open up, which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation. Get your medical appointment first so you can schedule the interview shortly afterwards.

Packet 3: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf  And Packet 4 for reference also: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

For all things dealing with the US Consulate in Canada head on over to the sub-forum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

HELP! We recieved our NOA2 Nov 5/18 , got sent to Montreal (Canada) Embassy quite fast, and now its been over a month and still no Packet 3. Have tried to email them the packet 2x already, and emailed asking they simply stated not ready yet and do not send anything yet. 

I am wondering if anyone else is close to this timeline. My biggest worry is my NOA2 has an expiry of March 5, 2018 which is coming up. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/11/2019 at 8:18 PM, sarahlane said:

Hello, I’m new here. Applied for K-1 visa on May 20 - Got our NOA 1 on May 25 - got NOA 2 on Nov 13 - Got letter from NVC saying our case was forwarded to the Embassy in Montreal, Canada on Dec.26th. Does anyone know how long till I can expect my interview date letter from the embassy? And will the US government closure affect the letter’s arrival?? Any info would be much appreciated!! 

The average reported by VJ posters going through Montreal is 57 days from arrival in Montreal to interview. You can check that here: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php

The government shutdown will not affect visa processing; that's funded by all those fees you and/or your fiance(e) are paying. And USPS is self-funding too.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

17 hours ago, CandaUSA2 said:

HELP! We recieved our NOA2 Nov 5/18 , got sent to Montreal (Canada) Embassy quite fast, and now its been over a month and still no Packet 3. Have tried to email them the packet 2x already, and emailed asking they simply stated not ready yet and do not send anything yet. 

I am wondering if anyone else is close to this timeline. My biggest worry is my NOA2 has an expiry of March 5, 2018 which is coming up. 

Montreal Embassy usually takes 30-45 days to send the P3 instructions. So a little more patience.

NOA2 does not expire until one year has passed. Your current NOA2 will be automatically extended another 4 months.

Relax, you are driving yourself crazy. I recommend that you start hanging out in the Canadian sub-forum and you will have additional up sight as to what you'll need to do to have a successful interview. Link is below in the information I am providing.

You can't hurry it along at all. You have to wait for P3 which takes 2-4 weeks from Ready. Comply with what they ask for in P3 (the actual one they send you) by sending them a copy of the signed P3 checklist, your DS-160 confirmation and your Passport Bio. Then they send you P4. Then they tell you to register to schedule and you'll wait some more for interviews to open up, which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation. Get your medical appointment first so you can schedule the interview shortly afterwards.

Packet 3: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf  And Packet 4 for reference also: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

For all things dealing with the US Consulate in Canada head on over to the sub-forum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

So I've been tracking our case # since it arrived at NVC. It took a while to go in transit to the US Embassy in Montreal but it seems like it finally arrived. When I used the tracker today on the Visa Status Check it says my case is "READY" and that I can schedule the interview. But I haven't received or done anything relating to Packet 3 yet, no DS-160 yet. Do I just keep waiting? Or can I just start the DS-160 form and schedule my interview?

3 hours ago, aqb said:

So I've been tracking our case # since it arrived at NVC. It took a while to go in transit to the US Embassy in Montreal but it seems like it finally arrived. When I used the tracker today on the Visa Status Check it says my case is "READY" and that I can schedule the interview. But I haven't received or done anything relating to Packet 3 yet, no DS-160 yet. Do I just keep waiting? Or can I just start the DS-160 form and schedule my interview?

You can't hurry it along at all. You have to wait for P3 which takes 2-4 weeks from Ready. Comply with what they ask for in P3 (the actual one they send you) by sending them a copy of the signed P3 checklist, your DS-160 confirmation and your Passport Bio. Then they send you P4. Then they tell you to register to schedule and you'll wait some more for interviews to open up, which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation. Get your medical appointment first so you can schedule the interview shortly afterwards.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.