havil80

N-400 delays for citizens of predominantly Muslim countries?

24 posts in this topic

I was reading about delays in processing N-400 applications for people from majority muslim countries, and the resultant lawsuits filed by some of the people who have delayed. A program called CARRP (Controlled Application Review and Resolution Program)  is responsible for these delays. 

I was also looking at another website where people list the timeline of their cases with their nationality, and found a pattern in the dates where people from muslim countries have much longer waiting time between doing the biometrics and receiving interview letter. I could be wrong and maybe this happens to other people too, but this is what I came out with anyway. 

Being from Sudan I worry about this very much. Looking to hear from people from predominantly islamic countries who applied for citizenship in the last two years. Did you guys face any unusual delays? How long was it from application to interview? Appreciate any guidance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

@havil80 Apologies to you on behalf of all the decent people of Indian origin in this forum. You will find this site very helpful (mostly, except for one or two Jack***es :D).

As par your original concern, it's quite possible  there is a "Trump" effect but there is not a whole lot you can do to change it. It took me 15 months to get the N 400 complete where as others have reported only a few months. Sometimes it just takes longer no matter what your faith or country of origin is.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

17 minutes ago, inqztve said:

@havil80 Apologies to you on behalf of all the decent people of Indian origin in this forum. You will find this site very helpful (mostly, except for one or two Jack***es :D).

You don't need to tell me my friend. My fiancee is from Calcutta and her family is so wonderful I actually tell them if I could not bring her over  I'll go live in scenic India. Just letting him know how stupidity can be equally practiced by anyone and that hate is never the way to go. 

Thanks for your answer, and thanks Shomer as well. I can now have peace of mind. Have a good day gentlemen :)

I don't think a federal agency can collectively prolong background checks on citizens of Muslim countries because that would be discriminatory, and like @inqztve said, there's not much they can do about it. I wonder tho, and this is not based on any knowledge or evidence, if it would take longer for background checks on citizens from countries that have failed states or civil wars like countries in the Middle East for example, since it is more difficult to collect information on their whereabouts in the past and things of that sort?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** one hateful post and those quoting removed and further admin action taken.  When you see something against our TOS, please just report it, do not react to it here- and certainly do not quote it, because it means your post needs to come down too. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, jyaku said:

I wouldn't say there's nothing you can do. Once you become a US citizen you can vote against Trump and those who support his platform to eliminate the Trump effect. That's about it but its worth doing.

Trump will make this country great again, we need immigrants.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, havil80 said:

I was reading about delays in processing N-400 applications for people from majority muslim countries, and the resultant lawsuits filed by some of the people who have delayed. A program called CARRP (Controlled Application Review and Resolution Program)  is responsible for these delays. 

I was also looking at another website where people list the timeline of their cases with their nationality, and found a pattern in the dates where people from muslim countries have much longer waiting time between doing the biometrics and receiving interview letter. I could be wrong and maybe this happens to other people too, but this is what I came out with anyway. 

Being from Sudan I worry about this very much. Looking to hear from people from predominantly islamic countries who applied for citizenship in the last two years. Did you guys face any unusual delays? How long was it from application to interview? Appreciate any guidance

I do not think that the delays have something to do with the applicants origins .

some field offices are longer in processing applications  than others .

relax and be patient .every case is different , they have to check every backround of every body. Some people have some issues since they came to this country like trafic tickets, police arrests, divorce ...etc .

i think you should relax and be patient . I had my finger prints in June 2017 and my interview was in March 2018 . Now waiting for the oath ceremony letter . So it’s been a year since I sent my application and i am glad that it is moving to the last step of my journey .

i hope this helped and best of luck to you brother . Inshallah things will move positively for you .

Edited by hopephilly

Timeline
3 hours ago, jyaku said:

I wouldn't say there's nothing you can do. Once you become a US citizen you can vote against Trump and those who support his platform to eliminate the Trump effect. That's about it but its worth doing.

I only meant nothing much you can do to speed up the N400 process. Of course, once you become a citizen, you can vote to make a difference. 

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rusty72 said:

Like vote trump back in...

Stop blaming him for everything its been like that long before he came to office

You are certainly entitled to vote your conscience and I am mine. However, I don't think you are entitled to ask me stop expressing my opinion as long as it doesn't violate VJ TOS.

At any rate, I will not respond to this line of responses on this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I enjoyed VJ much more before some brought a political agenda dimension here. Yes, it’s true those from predominately Muslim country are having a more difficult and longer processing times. Be patient and let the process take the time required. I would think the long processing times, delays, and request for more information are frustrating for all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

If you see a trend at the same field office for around the same dates, I think that would be interesting to share.  Otherwise it is really hard to compare, some office are taking 2 months to process N-400s, some 14+ months.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.