havil80

N-400 delays for citizens of predominantly Muslim countries?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

If you see a trend at the same field office for around the same dates, I think that would be interesting to share.  Otherwise it is really hard to compare, some office are taking 2 months to process N-400s, some 14+ months.

Mine took about 15 months. I don't think country of origin or religion had anything to do with it. It appears Norfolk is fairly loaded.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

37 minutes ago, inqztve said:

At any rate, I will not respond to this line of responses on this.

I agree i should have reworded my response...

That said I doubt its a gov. thing because of this president.

Timeline differences have been going on for many years and for many reasons.

Long before Trump 

And it's no secret some countries have more scrutiny and longer times ..blame all the scammers and fraudsters for that.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

From our experience (as the entire family applied for I-400) we are from Islamic country, there is no delay but it was quick! less than 2 months for the entire process and we’re waiting for officer interview ( my brother’s name is MEMET!) we thought he would take forever to get his processed but thanks God everything seems to be nice! Maybe it depends on your state, we’re in CA

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Rusty72 said:

Like vote trump back in...

Stop blaming him for everything its been like that long before he came to office

Have to agree with Rusty72. It was like this for a long time. It has nothing to do with current administration and applicants origin. You cant do much to speed up the process. Get in line and stay in line like all other thousands of applicants.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

it would be very naive to think being muslim doesn't affect the lenght of the process but I wouldn't be concern either. 

When I applied in early 2016, the process was super quick (mine took 3 months and 1 day from the day I sent my application to the oath ceremony) and I saw many people from muslim countires getting approved almost at the same time.

But is not a secret that after Trump won,  citizenship applications skyrocket. I have a acquaintance that works for the USCIS and he told my husband applications increased more than 80% the normal. I have friends from non muslim countries that have been waiting 12-17 months  

I think the increased of petitions is affecting everyones waiting time

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

On 5/6/2018 at 9:30 PM, inqztve said:

Mine took about 15 months. I don't think country of origin or religion had anything to do with it. It appears Norfolk is fairly loaded.

The director of USCIS him self told me,  " Certain countries, specially predominantly Muslim countries take much longer to clear " My application took about 2 and half years from filing to Oath. I know a guy from Iraq who's application is still in process, and he applied 2 months after me. They always told me, "Your Application is in Name check with FBI, and we cant move forward till they clear your name check or security checking".

And i told director, even its take 20 years i am not worry about it :) 

By The way did you get your passport thought " Certified True Naturalization Certificate "? I applied for passport and still waiting, its been 8 business day now:) Again i am not in hurry:) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
8 hours ago, mhis82 said:

By The way did you get your passport thought " Certified True Naturalization Certificate "? I applied for passport and still waiting, its been 8 business day now:) Again i am not in hurry:) 

Yes, my passport application was successfully processed using "Certified True Copy".  It is in the mail and I am supposed to get it today. 

What I found is that people, even at the State Department or at USPS, are not well informed about this. When I called the National Passport Help line, they initially said, I must submit  the original. As I insisted bringing his attention to the State Dept. website, he put me on hold and talked to his supervisor and came back and confirmed that they would take a certified copy.

When I went to the Post office, the lady said the same thing. I again insisted on the Certified Copy. She called the State Dept. (presumably) to verify my claim. As we were on the speaker phone the lady on the phone said "We will take certified copy as long as it has a USCIS seal on it along with a letter signed and sealed by USCIS that the attached copy had been certified." Then the USPS lady relented.

It is useful information for people like me who have the "fear" of losing the Nat. Certificate and then having to deal with USCIS again and waiting for months to get a replacement. :D

Edited by inqztve

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

1 hour ago, inqztve said:

When I went to the Post office, the lady said the same thing. I again insisted on the Certified Copy. She called the State Dept. (presumably) to verify my claim. As we were on the speaker phone the lady on the phone said "We will take certified copy as long as it has a USCIS seal on it along with a letter signed and sealed by USCIS that the attached copy had been certified." Then the USPS lady relented.

This is an incredibly useful piece of information that I did not know! I'll argue and submit a copy instead of the original, when I'm at this stage of course :P

Edited by havil80

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.