2,323 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Katri said:

At least my country forums are very quiet.... :blink:

Take the opportunity to DM someone who is ahead of you and ask for their help. Most would be glad to lend a helping hand.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
33 minutes ago, araliadam said:

@Naes i have a question to you. I was filling the ds-160 and made a mistake in the name of my fiancee ... instead of SS i wrote S how to i go at correcting this ? should i just submit a new ds-160? i submit it already...or should i notify the interviewing officer of my mistake? thank you for your help...

You can submit a new one and use the new ds-160 confirmation number for your interview appointment and confirmation number. 

1 hour ago, araliadam said:

@Naes i have a question to you. I was filling the ds-160 and made a mistake in the name of my fiancee ... instead of SS i wrote S how to i go at correcting this ? should i just submit a new ds-160? i submit it already...or should i notify the interviewing officer of my mistake? thank you for your help...

As @Naes has said completing a new one will be OK. Be sure to bring the new confirmation to the interview. Also, you can inform the CO at your interview and they'll make the change. Either or is ok. Such a small mistake I'd forget it.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, audaud said:

Anyone know what dates they have been receiving at NVC?

Looks like the trend has been around 3-4 weeks after NOA2 lately but of course they can always be random. I'm at 2 weeks since my NOA2 so I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks hopefully! 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

2 hours ago, araliadam said:

Good morning! @jean baptiste what is the next step for togolese embassy when you fill the Ds-160? 

i actually filled, submit and print the confirmation page but i did not schedule.

since i know the case was ready, i send them a mail mean i sent a mail to the consular section in Lome  requesting information about what to do. so the reply inviting me to pick up information packet and there there is everything you need and they'll give you extra instruction even

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
17 minutes ago, audaud said:

YAY I got our case number! LOL. 

Noa2 May 14th, so it took just over 3 weeks to get our number. I can finally stop whining about it. 😂

now we can whine about how long it is taking to be sent to the embassy :jest: (waiting 9 days now)

10-23-2017 I-129F Sent

10-25-2017 NOA1

05-10-2018 NOA2 

05-29-2018 NVC Received

05-30-2018 NVC Case # Assigned

07-10-2018 Case In Transit

07-12-2018 Embassy received

10-03-2018 Interview (Approved!)

10-21-2018 POE 

11-28-2018 Wedding

01-11-2019 AOS/EAD filed (NOA1)

02-11-2019 Biometrics

03-25-2019 AOS Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

04-08-2019 Interview scheduled (for May 22nd)

05-22-2019 AOS Interview (no decision)

08-06-2019 EAD Approval

08-11-2022 RFE

10-24-2022 AOS Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, audaud said:

YAY I got our case number! LOL. 

Noa2 May 14th, so it took just over 3 weeks to get our number. I can finally stop whining about it. 😂

Congratulations!!! I hope that is the longest we have to wait to receive our number! We received our NOA2June 1st. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

So I just got off the phone with the NVC office and they received our case, but no case number yet. Took 23 days from NOA2 response to NVC case received (but again, no case# yet). "Gilbert" told me it could take 8 weeks to get a case number. Can anyone say how long it takes to get the case number because that estimate is ridiculous and I don't want to believe it. 

Edited by zamardii12

Timeline
1 minute ago, zamardii12 said:

So I just got off the phone with the NVC office and they received our case, but no case number yet. Took 23 days from NOA2 response to NVC case received (but again, no case# yet). "Gilbert" told me it could take 8 weeks to get a case number. Can anyone say how long it takes to get the case number because that estimate is ridiculous and I don't want to believe it. 

You'll have it tomorrow.  They just cover their bases.

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dave_and_Jessa said:

You'll have it tomorrow.  They just cover their bases.

I really hope so. I've learned through this whole process that nothing is predictable. Thanks. 

Timeline
Just now, zamardii12 said:

I really hope so. I've learned through this whole process that nothing is predictable. Thanks. 

I talked with the same guy a few days ago.  The 8 weeks thing is really for non K1s; that is other visa types which require more processing on their end.  Literally all they do with the K1s are give them a case number and ship them off to the embassy.  Mine got received and the case number on the same day, most have it within 24 hours or so.  Call them tomorrow night and you should be set.

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

Timeline
Just now, Dave_and_Jessa said:

I talked with the same guy a few days ago.  The 8 weeks thing is really for non K1s; that is other visa types which require more processing on their end.  Literally all they do with the K1s are give them a case number and ship them off to the embassy.  Mine got received and the case number on the same day, most have it within 24 hours or so.  Call them tomorrow night and you should be set.

Thanks bro. This wait has been too long and I don't want to get my hopes up. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.