2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

So remember I told you guys of the glitch on the Lagos interview scheduling? Well, although my fiancee had a confirmation page for the 6th it was really the 20th, even though he selected the 18th!!! He got no notification or reminder so he has to come back to Lagos again smh

That is a royal pain in the butt! I think they should have interviewed him then and there just for the error... as it was their error and not his....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, L and E said:

omg how annoying!! how far is lagos from where he lives? ugh what a pain 

Either a 1 hour flight or 10 hour drive with no traffic 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
32 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

So remember I told you guys of the glitch on the Lagos interview scheduling? Well, although my fiancee had a confirmation page for the 6th it was really the 20th, even though he selected the 18th!!! He got no notification or reminder so he has to come back to Lagos again smh

Omg! That's crazy! Why would they do such a thing?🙁🙁😡😡

This is not funny!

Ok so NVC received my case and I'm hoping to have an actual case number this week, but my question is, I filled out the DS 160 on May 15th (a week after I received the NOA2) and jumped the gun. I am still able to go back in and edit to resend the DS160 even though I already submitted, in order to put in my NVC case number and resubmit BUT should I wait to do this until the consulate recieves my case or can I do it as soon as I receive case #? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, EllyNelly said:

omg I was so ready to see you say the interview went well...don't worry the 20th will be here in no time  just a little longer!

15 days since a case number was assigned and our petition is still chillin' at NVC... was kinda hoping this would move a little faster. Looking at VJ's immigration timeline, there's cases received at both the start of May (5/1, 5/2, etc) and the end (5/29, 5/30) being forwarded to consulates/embassies right now. 

At any rate, thought I'd dig this up, NVC tracker that was created late last year: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=606080062 Would love to see what's the trend right now, please add your details if you feel like it!

Timeline
On 5/2/2018 at 9:33 PM, emekus94 said:

CONGRATS girl!!
WHOOOOOO HOOO

Actually, Lagos is looking REAL good right now.
Late May interviews are availableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wow am so happy For you ... this is my first time reading someone’s post from Nigeria... the truth is I don’t even know what we are waiting for cos Bros (fiancé) was the one that petitioned it and am here in Lagos... So i had to join thes Platform to know how it works... But he did the filing this January and got the NOA1 so we are waiting for the NOA2 tho he calls Uscis once a week but still pending... Can’t wait for us to be together .... Pls my Brothers and sisters from Nigeria should give me guide lines .. Help your sister ooo

1 hour ago, Whitakerd1029 said:

Ok so NVC received my case and I'm hoping to have an actual case number this week, but my question is, I filled out the DS 160 on May 15th (a week after I received the NOA2) and jumped the gun. I am still able to go back in and edit to resend the DS160 even though I already submitted, in order to put in my NVC case number and resubmit BUT should I wait to do this until the consulate recieves my case or can I do it as soon as I receive case #? 

You can't edit and resubmit it. And the ds160 doesn't require the NVC case id number. It asks for the uscis I 129F petition receipt number which you used to check your status on the uscis website. I think you can just submit another one..i am not exactly sure. But i wouldn't worry too much because it can be corrected. Call NVC and ask or call your consulate after they recieve your info. 

11 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

You can't edit and resubmit it. And the ds160 doesn't require the NVC case id number. It asks for the uscis I 129F petition receipt number which you used to check your status on the uscis website. I think you can just submit another one..i am not exactly sure. But i wouldn't worry too much because it can be corrected. Call NVC and ask or call your consulate after they recieve your info. 

I thought I need the NVC number to put in, in order to pay for the DS160? I'm confused. How can I pay for the DS 160 if I have my WAC USCIS case number in? And than how can I schedule appointment in Rio?

6 minutes ago, Whitakerd1029 said:

I thought I need the NVC number to put in, in order to pay for the DS160? I'm confused. How can I pay for the DS 160 if I have my WAC USCIS case number in? And than how can I schedule appointment in Rio?

You do need the ds 160 confirmation number, nvc case id, and the recipt number of your payment to schedule an appointment. You have to check your embassy website on directions on how to pay. For some it can be done online and for most it has to be paid at a embassy selected bank in your country. 

14 hours ago, DK AND MK said:

I'm on the website every now and then......this really sucks.

oh no but yes keep checking for a cancellation and jump on it. 

i finished my medical yesterday my arms are paining and interview on the 14th as date choose by embassy.

i fill and submit my DS-160 since May 22th  hope it still in their system of course i have the confirmation page.

Edited by jean baptiste

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, jean baptiste said:

oh no but yes keep checking for a cancellation and jump on it. 

i finished my medical yesterday my arms are paining and interview on the 14th as date choose by embassy.

i fill and submit my DS-160 since May 22th  hope it still in their system of course i have the confirmation page.

@jean baptiste everything is moving so fast for you.......good luck. ....14th is just around the corner.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, EsLoz said:

Wow am so happy For you ... this is my first time reading someone’s post from Nigeria... the truth is I don’t even know what we are waiting for cos Bros (fiancé) was the one that petitioned it and am here in Lagos... So i had to join thes Platform to know how it works... But he did the filing this January and got the NOA1 so we are waiting for the NOA2 tho he calls Uscis once a week but still pending... Can’t wait for us to be together .... Pls my Brothers and sisters from Nigeria should give me guide lines .. Help your sister ooo

Your fiance calling USCIS is too soon right now
They are still working through November 2017 cases right now. So you are about maybe 4-6 weeks out before you might even hear something.

You have a long ways to go so there's really nothing you can do right now.
So Sit tight. When you get your NOA2, this forum is helpful in walking you through what next to do :D

Edited by emekus94

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.