Life_love

ATL Field office Filers?

614 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, manoni said:

Thank you, I have seen some different cases with pending I751, some they would let the spouse to attend the interview and others they would just interview the applicant alone!

Absolutely no reasoning how USCIS do things. Just buckle up and enjoy the journey. 

2001 March 17th Met in Savannah GA2002 March Visit to Atlanta GA

2002-2013 Long Distance friends

2014 Feb Relationship turns romantic (L)

2015 Feb Visit to Atlanta

2015 April 4th File I-129F

2015 April 16th NOA1 Received

2015 June 29th NOA2 Received

2015 July NVC Case Number

2015 August 11th Package 3 from Embassy

2015 August 26th Medical

2015 Sept 10th Interview and Approved

2015 Sept 17th Visa in hand

2015 Nov 5th POE Dublin Move to USA :dancing:

2015 Dec 20th Wedding (L)(L)(L)

2016 Jan 21st AOS/EAD/AF mailed

2016 Jan 25th AOS etc received by USCIS

2016 Jan 28th NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP received by mail

2016 Feb 23rd Biometrics Atlanta

2016 Feb 24th Initial RFE for AOS

2016 Feb 26th RFE Responded and Mailed back to USCIS

2016 April 6th EAD and AP Approval

2016 April 12th EAD Card received, No AP on it, Rang USCIS

2016 May 6th AOS Approval
2016 May 10th I551 placed in passport
2016 June 10th Green Card Arrived
2016 June 10th Filed i90 for Error on Green Card
2017 Aug 21st Replacement Green Card Approved and In Production 1 year after applying. Done with USCIS till ROC in early 2018
2018 Mar 6th Form i-751 sent off to USCIS in Vermont (Removal of Conditions)
2020 Sept 25th N-400 Application files
2021 July 20th Interview and Test for N400 Citizenship APPROVED 
2021 Aug 6th Oath Ceremony
2021 Aug 6th US Citizen
2021 Aug 21st Passport Appliedfor
2021 Sept 15th Passport in Hand
2021 Sept Journey at an end after 6 years from our K1 approval to Citisenship

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 7/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, BillyG said:

Had my interview today and my ceremony is scheduled for Aug 6th. I applied last September so it will be just short of 11 months, start to finish. There is definitely no reasoning to timeline as some people appkied before me haven't heard anything, some have interviewed before me but have ceremony after me, and some applied after me are already finished.

I am hoping by August 6th they may relax the no family allowed attend ceremony.  

Congrats! My Oath ceremony is also scheduled for August 6th :) 

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Applied for N400 in March 2021 and just today received notice that my interview had been scheduled for August 24th. (Atlanta Field office)

I'm scheduled to travel out of the country tomorrow and can't change those plans. But I plan to return 10 days prior to my appointment. Few questions if anyone can help

1. How long after the interview does the oath ceremony take place?

2. How soon after interview can I get passport to be able to travel overseas?

3. Can I travel overseas between interview and oath ceremony?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. How long is a piece of string. There is no reasoning to time between interview and Oath ceremony. My Oath ceremony is 2 weeks after interview.

2. You cant apply for passport until AFTER Oath ceremony and the wait is approx 18 weeks to het a new passport

3. Yes you can travel overseas between interview and Oath ceremony as your Green Card is still in effect and if you have an in date passport from your home country. You do have to fill in a form on th4e day of Oath ceremony and i think it asks have you left the country since interview. They are just checking to see is there any material change to your application

Good luck

2001 March 17th Met in Savannah GA2002 March Visit to Atlanta GA

2002-2013 Long Distance friends

2014 Feb Relationship turns romantic (L)

2015 Feb Visit to Atlanta

2015 April 4th File I-129F

2015 April 16th NOA1 Received

2015 June 29th NOA2 Received

2015 July NVC Case Number

2015 August 11th Package 3 from Embassy

2015 August 26th Medical

2015 Sept 10th Interview and Approved

2015 Sept 17th Visa in hand

2015 Nov 5th POE Dublin Move to USA :dancing:

2015 Dec 20th Wedding (L)(L)(L)

2016 Jan 21st AOS/EAD/AF mailed

2016 Jan 25th AOS etc received by USCIS

2016 Jan 28th NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP received by mail

2016 Feb 23rd Biometrics Atlanta

2016 Feb 24th Initial RFE for AOS

2016 Feb 26th RFE Responded and Mailed back to USCIS

2016 April 6th EAD and AP Approval

2016 April 12th EAD Card received, No AP on it, Rang USCIS

2016 May 6th AOS Approval
2016 May 10th I551 placed in passport
2016 June 10th Green Card Arrived
2016 June 10th Filed i90 for Error on Green Card
2017 Aug 21st Replacement Green Card Approved and In Production 1 year after applying. Done with USCIS till ROC in early 2018
2018 Mar 6th Form i-751 sent off to USCIS in Vermont (Removal of Conditions)
2020 Sept 25th N-400 Application files
2021 July 20th Interview and Test for N400 Citizenship APPROVED 
2021 Aug 6th Oath Ceremony
2021 Aug 6th US Citizen
2021 Aug 21st Passport Appliedfor
2021 Sept 15th Passport in Hand
2021 Sept Journey at an end after 6 years from our K1 approval to Citisenship

1 hour ago, BillyG said:

1. How long is a piece of string. There is no reasoning to time between interview and Oath ceremony. My Oath ceremony is 2 weeks after interview.

2. You cant apply for passport until AFTER Oath ceremony and the wait is approx 18 weeks to het a new passport

3. Yes you can travel overseas between interview and Oath ceremony as your Green Card is still in effect and if you have an in date passport from your home country. You do have to fill in a form on th4e day of Oath ceremony and i think it asks have you left the country since interview. They are just checking to see is there any material change to your application

Good luck

Thanks for the clarifications.

Follow up question though I believe I know the answer ..

I assume that travel overseas after oath ceremony is not possible since that's when one officially becomes a US citizen. Is that correct? 

Anyone have experience in expediting passport issuance recently? I need to be nimble to travel at the drop of a hat due to parent's medical conditions. 

Cheers! 

On 7/25/2021 at 1:22 AM, hohoeyo said:

Applied for N400 in March 2021 and just today received notice that my interview had been scheduled for August 24th. (Atlanta Field office)

I'm scheduled to travel out of the country tomorrow and can't change those plans. But I plan to return 10 days prior to my appointment. Few questions if anyone can help

1. How long after the interview does the oath ceremony take place?

2. How soon after interview can I get passport to be able to travel overseas?

3. Can I travel overseas between interview and oath ceremony?

Thanks in advance!

wow interview five months after filing is encouraging

We are filing tomorrow in Atlanta. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 7/25/2021 at 4:53 PM, hohoeyo said:

Thanks for the clarifications.

Follow up question though I believe I know the answer ..

I assume that travel overseas after oath ceremony is not possible since that's when one officially becomes a US citizen. Is that correct? 

Anyone have experience in expediting passport issuance recently? I need to be nimble to travel at the drop of a hat due to parent's medical conditions. 

Cheers! 

There has been discussions on other forums about getting passports quickly due to inminente travel requirements.

@Timona is the most recent expert on this. If you really need to leave the US right after your oath, there is nothing stopping you and maybe then applying for your US passport from your home country. That in itself presents challenges as you may need to hang around in your home country while your passport is being processed.

You can research the Department of State for obtaining an emergency passport but I believe Timona and others have tried this route  and found booking an appointment to be a challenge.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html

Plenty of media out there about the backup - we're all in the same boat unfortunately. 

https://www.wmar2news.com/matterformallory/passport-processing-delays-backlog-extends-into-late-fall

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/transportation/2021/07/02/itching-for-travel-abroad-theres-up-to-an-18-week-bottleneck-to-get-a-us-passport/

Good luck

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I became an expert by circumstance @El Escocés

@hohoeyo There are 3 ways to obtain PP but since time is a factor to you, only 2 will apply to you. I will only talk of those 2.

1. Calling 1-877-487-2778 to make an appointment. Initially, we could do it online but people had bots which scooped all slots and sold for profit. So right now you have to call in between 8-5 EST. Appointments are opened 2 weeks out. So if you call today, you will be making an appointment for 10th Aug. That being said, when is your oath? 
  2. If 1 above is not feasible, then check your country's embassy. You still have to book an appointment with them and they can issue you an "emergency PP" provided it is within 2 weeks of your departure from your country (proof of itinerary is a must). Otherwise, if you have time to burn, you will still have to make an appointment with them but wait for their regular processing time, which for my country is 3-4 weeks as of now (this is still better than US times).

In all essence, make sure you have something in your bag. Do not leave US without a PP and without an appointment at your embassy hoping that you country will issue you one. Most require appointments and if you do not have one, you will end up in a hole. 

On my case, though I even managed to get 1 above, my oath is scheduled for Aug 14th. I had snagged early PP appointments (for 7/23)  in hope that I could persuade IO during my interview (7/15) to get me an early oath. Unfortunately, that did not work. So I gave out my appointments to others BUT gave up on calling to make new appointment because call wait times are ridiculous. Then I went over to my country's embassy and managed to snag an appointment online which happened to be within my vacation time as well as within 2 weeks before I depart Kenya (which qualifies for emergency PP). Surprisingly, the prices is still same as it would have been in the US. So I am using option 2 above. 

If you do not make an appointment with your embassy and just show up, they may send you back or you may have to settle with a boarding FOIL which is expensive like $500+ per VJers. 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I had my interview on Wednesday and I was approved. It was fast and easy. I wasn’t asked to show any of the paperwork I brought. As soon as I got home my oath ceremony had been scheduled for August 26 😊

N-400:

08/22/2020: filed online/NOA1

09/04/2020: biometric reuse notice
07/07/2021: interview scheduled

08/11/2021: interview —> approved/oath scheduled 

08/26/2021: oath ceremony 🇺🇸

Passport:

09/08/2021: application mailed (routine service)

09/14/2021: application received (locator #74)

10/23/2021: passport book received

10/29/2021: naturalization certificate received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, AuroreJeremy said:

I had my interview on Wednesday and I was approved. It was fast and easy. I wasn’t asked to show any of the paperwork I brought. As soon as I got home my oath ceremony had been scheduled for August 26 😊

Congrats!  That was fast.

I am in my 15th month of waiting for an interview date. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, AuroreJeremy said:

Congratulation,  I am having a combo interview on 08/18 how is covid restrictions in there?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, STurcotte77 said:

Congrats!  That was fast.

I am in my 15th month of waiting for an interview date. 

Thank you! 
Wow I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long. That’s crazy. I really hope you get your interview scheduled soon. 

1 hour ago, manoni said:

Congratulation,  I am having a combo interview on 08/18 how is covid restrictions in there?

Thanks! You have to wear a mask but I wasn’t asked any questions about covid upon entering the building. All the best for your interview!

N-400:

08/22/2020: filed online/NOA1

09/04/2020: biometric reuse notice
07/07/2021: interview scheduled

08/11/2021: interview —> approved/oath scheduled 

08/26/2021: oath ceremony 🇺🇸

Passport:

09/08/2021: application mailed (routine service)

09/14/2021: application received (locator #74)

10/23/2021: passport book received

10/29/2021: naturalization certificate received

Hi Everyone!

I had my interview 8/12 and the status changed to "oath ceremony will be scheduled" and I haven't heard anything since. Panicking a bit because I read several people who said their oath ceremony was scheduled by the time they got home. There were also some people who said it took several months so I'm just super anxious. 

How long did it take for your guys between the interview and oath scheduling? Anyone who had their interview last week? 

1 hour ago, JJAM01 said:

Hi Everyone!

I had my interview 8/12 and the status changed to "oath ceremony will be scheduled" and I haven't heard anything since. Panicking a bit because I read several people who said their oath ceremony was scheduled by the time they got home. There were also some people who said it took several months so I'm just super anxious. 

How long did it take for your guys between the interview and oath scheduling? Anyone who had their interview last week? 

You’re in the same boat as me :) hopefully they’ll schedule one soon! I’ll keep you posted if mine gets scheduled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.