Kings49

How long does it takes to get approved from the US side?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, missileman said:

If you initially filed to US IS in late January, I see no way your interview will before end of this year.  The process is not fast and it is not pleasant.

Thank you sir

I am also a January 2018 filer. Yes, the wait is hard and it can be tough at times but we still have a really long way to go. 

I think people are panicking because one person has been approved from January and then wandering where there approval is. Sometimes that's just the way it goes, but mostly it is in order of application date. I see they are working on a lot of October cases right now. So think, three to four more months, maybe more and that's just for the NOA2!! If a few people do get approved earlier than others, then that's really good for them, but we don't know what there circumstances are, or how uscis is working on the cases etc. 

Don't get my wrong, I have my moments where I find it hard to wait. I'm super impatient. But I just keep thinking, let's get through the summer and see where we are at then. Then once summer comes, let's get through autumn and then Christmas, then new year etc etc. It just feels worse if you are stewing over it! Don't stew! Do whatever you can to fill your time at work, with hobbies. It will be fine! Keep positive! 

Edited by proudtobabritgirl

@proudtobabritgirl I know this is irrelevant but I am just happy to read 'autumn' :D Soon, I will have to start talking about 'fall'! Hang in there everyone! Once you get your NOA2, it will be so much better.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline

Based on other people's timelines, the process for me was extremely quick.  I have my interview next week....295 after we first started the process.  That is around 10 months.

I saw that someone made a spreadsheet, based on approval dates from the past year and the average timeline was 11.5 months. I'm not sure how much truth is in that.

But, If it does take 12-14, what's a few more weeks to wait. I mean, you would of waited it out a year anyways? It's not ideal, but it is what it is! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

yep. long wait. it’s hard for all of us, i’m waiting since Oct 2017 and i know i have to keep waiting

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

I do have to admit that I get more and more  excited when I see the VJ predictions

I know it doesn‘t have to be that I will get NOA2 around that time but it makes me happy to see that my estimated time for NOA2 is now in June and not in september anymore where we started so....inhale exhale, sometimes a little more because the waiting is hard and annoying BUT it will pay off :)

4 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

I do have to admit that I get more and more  excited when I see the VJ predictions

I know it doesn‘t have to be that I will get NOA2 around that time but it makes me happy to see that my estimated time for NOA2 is now in June and not in september anymore where we started so....inhale exhale, sometimes a little more because the waiting is hard and annoying BUT it will pay off :)

Yessss :) keeping positive! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Kings49 said:

Ok thank you sir, I hope they get it done next month because staying apart from my wife is real toture and purnishment . We are always spending money for her to come visit me in Nigeria and those money could be invested in our marriage but we spend a lot of it on traveling.

You can say that again.its more than torture.. airline tickets are very costly.. being away from your spouse is triple torture..I'm still waiting ..PD 10/10.tsc.

So hang in there ..it will be over soon..by God's grace..

I first filed  May 19 2017.

My interview is on may 4th 2018.. 

The process will take at least a year. 

That's with 0 RFEs. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

It really does vary. I filed for my husband (Tunisia) in May 2016 and he had his visa in hand by December (7 months) of the same year. Apparently we were one of the lucky ones.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kings49 said:

Ok thank you sir, I hope they get it done next month because staying apart from my wife is real toture and purnishment . We are always spending money for her to come visit me in Nigeria and those money could be invested in our marriage but we spend a lot of it on traveling.

Everyone has these problems, not just you. So just wait, you will arrive in 10-12 months, not earlier. It's a long process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
13 hours ago, Kings49 said:

Oh wow, we too Nothing from them yet, we are hoping next month it will be done, Nothing is impossible before God, keep me posted if you hear anything, you can reach me on my email, don't know if sharing of emails is allowed here, but here is my email kingsleyadah86atgmail.com

It's not going to happen in a month or two or even three. Like I said, prepare for a journey of 10+ months from now. God can do nothing here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hope your wife has or will spend quality time visiting you in Nigeria / this really is not only the way to keep this process from driving you crazy but that embassy is hard

You are not quaranteed an approval

Read the nigerian reviews and get help from the ones going thru the Nigerian embassy

what happens in non high fraud coutires is not much help to you

At the top of the home page there is a place called portal / if you are signed in,  it will take you directly to the Nigerian site / and read some embassy reviews /add some others going thru Nigeria to a friends list and watch their progress

Good luck

Timeline
8 hours ago, Springrain22 said:

It's not going to happen in a month or two or even three. Like I said, prepare for a journey of 10+ months from now. God can do nothing here.

My God is bigger than the USCIS or the American embassy, and He can make all things possible for me, He can compress that Time and make it happen next month,He owns time and I believe in Him, you might laugh at me but I will give my testimony next month here on this page when I get called for an interview and by the way, someone commented  that their application took 7 months, so I think the impossible is possible. Watch out for my testimony. My all powerful God has this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.