John951

APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

It's all about back ground checks.. some will recieve rfe others wont

I expected it due to the fact this is not my first dealings with immigration haha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Anna&eiad said:

I expected it due to the fact this is not my first dealings with immigration haha

That very well could be. I found setting ur expectations low its hard to be disappointed. 

Case in point. Receive email today that case was in transit. I was not expecting this for another 2 weeks. MINIMAL.. 

needless to say was shocked, scared, nervous, anxious, parinoid, excited. All at once...

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am waiting to see alot of approvals this week but why I can't see anything it's been two days but I can't see an approval from April filers...it makes me feel bad...USCIS wake up..😴😌

1 hour ago, JS5220 said:

I know this is most likely 100% wrong, but does anyone else feel that because we're seeing people with dates weeks after ours getting approved that it must mean we have an RFE coming, hence why it's taking longer? 😅

I'm second guessing everything I sent in, worrying if I forgot something, and being generally overly worried.

I know it probably isn't that case but it feels that way sometimes! :lol:

I don't think so, people from our times have gotten RFEs already too. It just means background checks are taking longer. I'm hoping we have to think about those of us who have lived in tons of different places, worked in tons of different places, have common names, etc. etc. no background check is going to be the same, some just come through very quick, some are easier than others. Based on what many people have posted here they have a number of databases to check, I assume some take longer than others based on each of our unique info. 

For those of you getting earlier than average approvals - can you shed any light on this? I.e, have you not lived or worked many places? Or anything else that might have made your petition less complicated, no prior marriages, etc.?

I'm always constantly looking for things to note on why some move faster than others. Then again, maybe it's as simple as workloads or focus levels of the officer's desk we get stacked on. There are so many possibilities! 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 10/12/2018 at 5:51 AM, Valmabe said:

Hi,

I don't know yet. We got the notification only yesterday. I'll let you know when get it.

Did you find out what it was yet?

5 minutes ago, Hme53 said:

Did you find out what it was yet?

Ill update too when we get it. Still trying to be positive. Lol. But we both have lived more than one country and I have divorce too..he has never been married. Just to give a little background.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, BJ & Christine said:

U may think this is a forum is a joke cus someone didn't answer ur question in a timely matter. Many of us spend a great deal of time helping each other with questions that are asked.

Maybe everyone is overly impatient and tired of seeing the same exact question asked every 2 hours. 

Maybe u could take a little time and search ur self thru the thread or use the extremely new feature called a search engine. 

I have provided u with 2 different options.

https://www.google.com/

http://www.bing.com/

On top of that the customer service number is on the NOA. It is the same number for everybody. 

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Cmptrsdeal said:

wonder if i'm the only one that's getting ignored or if there's more than just me and they just left this thread cause nobody would answer their question...   hmmm,  well I might be the next to leave.  this thread is a joke lol    so much for ppl helping others and being there for each other.

I sugest the customer service number on your Notice of Action. 

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Valmabe said:

On top of that the customer service number is on the NOA. It is the same number for everybody. 

Why look at a paper that readily available when u can come to vj and ask and wait for a response??? 

😂🤣😂🤣😂

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

5 hours ago, người nước ngoài said:

Absolutely 👍

I understand your level of frustration for sure and even have taken a few comments wrong myself in the past but I believe everyone on here has best of intentions and is trying to help anyone knowing we all walk the same path in this journey...not preaching because I have the worst patience of anyone but just more less sharing your feeling about this

Whatcha talk'n about Willis? No one takes my comments WRONG!!  😀

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, JS5220 said:

I know this is most likely 100% wrong, but does anyone else feel that because we're seeing people with dates weeks after ours getting approved that it must mean we have an RFE coming, hence why it's taking longer? 😅

I'm second guessing everything I sent in, worrying if I forgot something, and being generally overly worried.

I know it probably isn't that case but it feels that way sometimes! :lol:

Every case is different so everyone's case will have a different timeline. Here is what USCIS states.

USCIS records confirm that the referenced case is pending background check clearance. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely manner while also ensuring public safety and national security. A small percentage of applications and petitions have unresolved background check issues that temporarily delay adjudication. Although USCIS makes every effort to resolve such cases promptly, USCIS is unable to speculate when the background check will be completed. 

If a background check reveals an issue that may impact an applicant’s eligibility for the requested immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or contact with another agency for updates or more comprehensive information. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS will adjudicate the application as quickly as possible. 

USCIS realizes that the constituent may be frustrated by the progress of their case. However, the agency must balance individual inconvenience against broader issues of public safety and national security.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Whatcha talk'n about Willis? No one takes my comments WRONG!!  😀

Not your comments sir, but 2 other members here I misunderstood their posts. Greenbaum is bomb.com sir👍

Just now, người nước ngoài said:

Not your comments sir, but 2 other members here I misunderstood their posts. Greenbaum is bomb.com sir👍

I'm just having fun. I was referring to those who think that I'm rude as I don't sugar coat my answers to their questions. I can't please everyone so I don't. You may not like the answer but it normally is the answer.

You've always have been respectful of my time as many others.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.