heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JohnNHenry said:

Dont we need to have a 10 year green card first? Some people said dont need, some people said we must have a green card before applying for the citizenship. Im so confused.

Technically conditions have to be removed before receiving citizenship but that doesnt mean you can't apply before that. You can file 90 days before your third anniversary of your first green card, if marriage based. In doing so, your i-751 and N400 will run concurrently and most likely be interviewed for both at the same time 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ch3john said:

Technically conditions have to be removed before receiving citizenship but that doesnt mean you can't apply before that. You can file 90 days before your third anniversary of your first green card, if marriage based. In doing so, your i-751 and N400 will run concurrently and most likely be interviewed for both at the same time 

Been told that nowadays they want you to have that 10 year GC or the citizenship will take much longer 

Edited by ParabolaEulogy

Timeline
14 minutes ago, ParabolaEulogy said:

Been told that nowadays they want you to have that 10 year GC or the citizenship will take much longer 

Interesting, haven't heard that. Where did you hear that?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ParabolaEulogy said:

Local uscis office 

I'd get a second opinion. That contradicts all the requirements and instructions for filing. 

30 minutes ago, ch3john said:

Interesting, haven't heard that. Where did you hear that?

I haven't heard this! My friend just got her citizenship in Feb 2018. She filed Aug 2017. She filed based on marriage 3 yrs after getting her green card. And she didnt receive her 10 yrs green card never did!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
12 hours ago, Rochbaby said:

I haven't heard this! My friend just got her citizenship in Feb 2018. She filed Aug 2017. She filed based on marriage 3 yrs after getting her green card. And she didnt receive her 10 yrs green card never did!

Yeah, my friend too. I dunno, maybe I’ll just file when the time comes. All they can do is rejecting it..lol

Henry N Giddens

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 9:54 PM, HinaWadhwa said:

Yes i filled jointly. The divorce is just verbally...nothing on papers because i said i wont sign anything before my citizenship.

can there be any issues if he brings in the divorce. When exactly do i need to file a waiver?

how complex is that process?

If you have filed jointly and for removal of conditions you are called for a interview and he does not turn up it could be an issue . I would suggest get a lawyer 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 11:31 AM, HinaWadhwa said:

Hi All,

Need advise.

I got my green card through marriage. I am april 2018 I-751 filer, biometrics already done.

Received 18 months extension letter. The window to fill form N-400 opens in March 2019 for me.

My husband now wants divorce. I am still not ready as I donot have the green card yet.

Can someone help me with what do I do? If he brings the papers, what options do I have .

I donot want to sign anything before I get my GC in hand. Please advise

There is i-751 Removing conditions facebook page. A lot of people have similar cases like yours, you can ask them. Again, everything we say or facebook says is not a legal help, you can always get a lawyer. But as far as I know, if you get divorce in between your i-751 waiting period, you let uscis know. They will issue RFE and you will have to send final divorce decree. If they will be satisfied that your marriage was a bonafide, they will approve, or interview and approve your case. But you wont be able to apply for citizenship in 3 yrs, and have to wait till 5 yr anniversary of your green card.

On 9/28/2018 at 5:23 PM, ParabolaEulogy said:

I doubt this is accurate, whoever told you at the local USCIS office might not be truthful. In other similar threads (July 2017 filers https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639733-i-751-july-2017-filers/?page=174, or other recent ones from 2017) show multiple data points where applicants filed for N400 while ROC was still pending. They did get their interview scheduled for N400. you may be interviewed for both at the same time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 hours ago, SCCH said:

I doubt this is accurate, whoever told you at the local USCIS office might not be truthful. In other similar threads (July 2017 filers https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/639733-i-751-july-2017-filers/?page=174, or other recent ones from 2017) show multiple data points where applicants filed for N400 while ROC was still pending. They did get their interview scheduled for N400. you may be interviewed for both at the same time. 

But I heard that we cannot provide RFE anymore, they can’t just fail our application without request for any more information. With this be a risk?

Henry N Giddens

On 8/30/2018 at 9:45 PM, awe-Inspiring said:

Hi Everyone,

My wife got her  18 months extension letter but still haven't got her bio-metrics letter. She has to travel abroad for good 4 months due to some family emergency.

What if she get her bio-metrics letter in her absence? Is there anyway we can reschedule her biometric appointment OR phone request to USCIS for early Biometrics? Can she do her biometrics in US embassy abroad?

She is April filer I-751 CSC.

Thanks

Set up an appointment on info pass and attempt to do a biometrics walk-in. I understand your situation. My husband and i are on a rtw trip, and the last thing i wanted to happen was to fly from wherever the hell we are to do a bloody biometrics appointment. I went there, got a stamp. I asked about biometrics and he said it's likely for I751 that it'll be reused. Didnt want to risk it, did a walk in. Super quick. Saw it got registered on dhs.uscis website the day after. Abroad with ease now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi Everyone, April 2018 filer here as well (for hubby). So we received a notice a while back that no biometrics were needed, they will used what was on file when we file for Adjustment of status. Just curious to now if anyone here had the same thing?? And also received the 18 months extension, after we got the 12 months extension!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, waiting4areason said:

Hi Everyone, April 2018 filer here as well (for hubby). So we received a notice a while back that no biometrics were needed, they will used what was on file when we file for Adjustment of status. Just curious to now if anyone here had the same thing?? And also received the 18 months extension, after we got the 12 months extension!

Yes, I got the same letter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.