TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Still at Nebraska waiting for NOA2. PD 6/2 so a while to go yet.

AOS with CR-1 Approved September 2014

Husband immigrated to New Zealand with me November 2016

Petition for IR-1 February 2018

02/02/18 Sent to Chicago lockbox from Auckland NZ

09/07/18 Arrived in the USA

12/19 Divorced

06/23 Naturalization window opens

06/12/23 N400 filed online

06/16/23 Status changed to Biometrics scheduled

07/07/23 Biometrics appointment

07/07/23 Status changed to Case is being actively reviewed

08/08/23 Status changed to Interview is scheduled

09/13/23 Interview - Approved

09/13/23 Status changed to Oath to be scheduled

09/14/23 Status changed to Oath scheduled

09/28/23 Oath appointment! I'm a US Citizen!

10/02/23 US Passport applied for with routine service and expedited shipping

11/08/23 US Passport received

11/11/23 Status changed to “Supporting documents mailed”

• 2 weeks later...

Just Jumping in now. Was posting in November 2017 Filers ( Separate Thread) My case ( I-130/Cr1) Is being handled by Nebraska. My PD is 11/24/2017 and my notice is for 11/28 and we are still waiting to hear something. VJ says that November 13 applications are being reviewed, but based off of what I have seen of the timelines its probably closer to  a mix of early November and Late October filers. I would guess that The majority if not all October filers will hear soon and then the November filers will start to hear from Mid to late June and early july. Anyone else have some insight? Any Nebraska Service center November 2017 filers here?

• 2 weeks later...

MY interview is next week. The letter I received from NVC says my interview is scheduled in Abu Dhabi and the date and time is mentioned. Do i still have to book an appointment online??

Hi People so today was my husband's interview and they have now asked for additional documents. I had filed for him alone and I have lived in Dubai for 10 years and not worked anywhere else. They want my father as a joint sponsor and his tax returns for 2017. However my question is my father and my mother both have filed their tax returns jointly. Does my father fill the I864 and my mother the i864a? Could someone please help us with this query. We already meet the earned income requirement, hence does my parents' income really make a difference (the amount they ear annually) as the US embassy in Abu Dhabi has only asked my husband to get a joint sponsor to support us with their tax returns.  So that would mean not 'financially' right?

I have a doubt. I had applied for a job in Iowa where my parents currently live as we will be initially staying there. And they had sent me a job offer letter based on my 10 year experience in Customer Services (my husband has also submitted a copy of that job offer letter to the Embassy of the USA when he went for his interview). My Father had suggested that I apply for this post as it fitted my job profile. I would also like to add that My Father has worked for this same company for almost 10 years now and as his annual income for 2017 doesn't suffice I would like to know if either of the two options below would.

1.) My Father's annual income last year (2017) was $29,000 which doesn't suffice for a household of 4 counting my husband (the beneficiary) however his boss increased his salary this year (From January 2018) and his current annual income does suffice. Hence, if my Father becomes the joint sponsor and submits his tax returns of 29,000 along with a pay raise letter would that be accepted by the Embassy of the USA and NVC? As technically my Father is currently eligible to take care of a household of not only 4 but 5.  

2.) If my Father's boss (who has also sent me a job offer letter) is willing to become the joint sponsor would that be acceptable? I am asking this question as he has also offered me a job and my Father has worked for this company for almost 10 years now. Would that be a problem? As I personally feel that each US citizen has the right to hire anyone he/she wants and also become a joint sponsor for that individual's spouse at the same time. Am I right? Please advise

Thanks a  lot 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone. 

we applied on the 15th dec and we just got approved on the 2nd  july. our case was at nebraska service. 

i'm just wondering how long will it take to get the notice tht says tht our case was transfered to the nvc? and how long will it take to get the notice from the uscis of the approval by mail. ? because we only got it through the site. 

I'm also wondering what is the next step we re supposed to do? and I've seen alot of people talking about the pivot and regular case? what is the difference between them and how long does the nvc process takes in general? 

On 6/15/2018 at 7:54 PM, Savan said:

I am seeing very low approvals at NSC, either people aren't sharing or Nebraska is slowing down again?

January 2018 I130 filers that are in the Texas Service Center, they are getting approved left and right.   I am so jealous.  Why does Nebraska have to be so slow?    What determines where are cases are sent? ughhhh    My priority date for my husband is 01/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.