TBoneTX

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 4

3,209 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
40 minutes ago, SlimLisa said:

January 2018 I130 filers that are in the Texas Service Center, they are getting approved left and right.   I am so jealous.  Why does Nebraska have to be so slow?    What determines where are cases are sent? ughhhh    My priority date for my husband is 01/12

January 2018 filer here....I know I'm so jealous of all the tsc January filers that are getting approved...what cases are being approved in nsc?

Edited by Letts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Letts said:

January 2018 filer here....I know I'm so jealous of all the tsc January filers that are getting approved...what cases are being approved in nsc?

they are approving december cases . i just got approved 4 days ago. applied on the 15th dec. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Letts said:

Congrats! It's good to know we are getting close to getting approved

thank youuu. you should be expecting yours soon. dunno why but, potomac and nebraska been so slow lately. 

Edited by mery mery

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, SlimLisa said:

January 2018 I130 filers that are in the Texas Service Center, they are getting approved left and right.   I am so jealous.  Why does Nebraska have to be so slow?    What determines where are cases are sent? ughhhh    My priority date for my husband is 01/12

Your state determines where your case goes, and case loads depends where your case will be transferred to.

21 hours ago, Letts said:

I have been reading like crazy and the only thing I heard is Nebraska average time takes 199 days to approve or longer : {

20 hours ago, Savan said:

Your state determines where your case goes, and case loads depends where your case will be transferred to.

I am wondering because me case is Palestine and involves a Muslim they will drag mine out.  Sad if they do as my husband is a wonderful, gentle man. 

On 6/19/2018 at 12:56 AM, Amisharjil said:

MY interview is next week. The letter I received from NVC says my interview is scheduled in Abu Dhabi and the date and time is mentioned. Do i still have to book an appointment online??

I wish a speedy ending to your approval!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I hope your process is going smoothly! I'm an April 2018 filer, and I'm considering going to visit my husband in the US as I wait for my approval.

Has anyone gone to visit their husband/wife in the US with an ESTA while waiting for approval? I would go with a return ticket and all, but was wondering whether there are some restrictions to us visiting the US. 

Any tips or experiences would be very much appreciate it! 

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/11/2018 at 4:59 PM, Trif2018 said:

Hi everyone,

I hope your process is going smoothly! I'm an April 2018 filer, and I'm considering going to visit my husband in the US as I wait for my approval.

Has anyone gone to visit their husband/wife in the US with an ESTA while waiting for approval? I would go with a return ticket and all, but was wondering whether there are some restrictions to us visiting the US. 

Any tips or experiences would be very much appreciate it! 

Every situation is different, but I have been multiple times as a spouse and as fiance for no more than 3 weeks at a time.

Typically I get 3-4 questions, although last time I got more. Answer the question as asked, and no more. Typical questions are purpose of trip (visit family and friends), how long, what is your job, do you plan to work, is your wife a usc, how much money are you carrying (this has more to do with money laundering). I was advised to arrive during normal business hours as the officers are usually more experienced/not on a long shift... 

I have to see an officer every time as I still have a valid L1 visa even I enter on vwp privileges. Although I've never had a problem of course I get nervous. 

NB: I have ample evidence of having a good job to go back based on existing and current visas and 10 years of travel experience with no overstays. Bring copies of things just in case (i130 app, payslip, marriage cert, etc)

Safe travels

Timeline
On 6/16/2018 at 5:24 AM, Savan said:

I am seeing very low approvals at NSC, either people aren't sharing or Nebraska is slowing down again?

Yes I agree with you very low approvals at NSC. No-one sharing update regarding Nebraska center

Timeline
On 7/16/2018 at 12:47 AM, An&Ak said:

Yes I agree with you very low approvals at NSC. No-one sharing update regarding Nebraska center

Looks like we are on same boat with same consulate, same service center, and same month. Let's see who gets lucky first. Hopefully its a smooth ride for both of us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/16/2018 at 12:47 AM, An&Ak said:

Most are following the specific month they got their NOA-1. If you search say December 2017 I-130 filers, you’ll find a lot of folks posting. It’s just an accumulation of all service centers. We just received our NOA-2 for Nebraska on Monday. Our NOA-1 date was 12/27/17. They’re moving along slowly but surely! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.