Jesus is Love

Husband wants to visit while CR-1 is processing

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 minutes ago, meemee1 said:

She had a 5 year multivisit visa

did you have to prove you were cousins? I am asking because he has a younger family member that will be adopted soon by my father and we was looking into visiting options for her as well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Apply and find out, his situation is what it is.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Tasiedu08 said:

Right now he volunteers to get his hours needed for his class he is taking in college. His strong tie is returning to school . He was also been offered a position but it does not begin until after the new school year when he graduates. He has a lease and he tutors at this time to make his money I do not support him any any way financially even though I would love to. Now he has no contract with his tutors but he does have receipts from his lesson payments. He is also paid through a non profit I am a part of who travels there every year for mission trips. So money is not the issue!

If he has been offered a job for the new school year make sure he brings the offer letter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

did you have to prove you were cousins? I am asking because he has a younger family member that will be adopted soon by my father and we was looking into visiting options for her as well. 

No we didn't have to prove we we're cousins. 

11 hours ago, Tasiedu08 said:

Hi, 

Anyone from Ghana who has traveled to the States using a B-1/B-2 visa? Can you give any pointers or explain the process. My husband and I have decided to apply for this visa since it seems as if we will not see one another again for another year because of CR-1 delays. I plan to travel to Ghana in August for my yearly trip but would like him to be able to travel back with me when I leave and stay with me for the length of the tourist visa. He has no problem going back and has somewhat strong ties. But I'm not sure if it is enough! Any and all help is greatly appreciated from people who have been through the process from Ghana. I understand it being a hard country to get approved for visas so I dont need that information just information about the process and tips on how to guarantee an approval. Thank you in advance.

The only "guarantees" are death and taxes.  Especially through the Ghana embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Tasiedu08 said:

Hi, 

Anyone from Ghana who has traveled to the States using a B-1/B-2 visa? Can you give any pointers or explain the process. My husband and I have decided to apply for this visa since it seems as if we will not see one another again for another year because of CR-1 delays. I plan to travel to Ghana in August for my yearly trip but would like him to be able to travel back with me when I leave and stay with me for the length of the tourist visa. He has no problem going back and has somewhat strong ties. But I'm not sure if it is enough! Any and all help is greatly appreciated from people who have been through the process from Ghana. I understand it being a hard country to get approved for visas so I dont need that information just information about the process and tips on how to guarantee an approval. Thank you in advance.

There is every likelihood that he will be denied. I was advised to apply for b1/b2 too after wedding even before my wife file my cr1, even though am a lecturer in a university in Nigeria which I see as a strong ties and also have other ties too yet the CO still deny me. It was very painful, I had to go and wait and do my filing and am still waiting. So I will advise your husband to wait and gather more evidence for his cr1. I wish you and your spouse best of luck in your endeavors 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jovic said:

There is every likelihood that he will be denied. I was advised to apply for b1/b2 too after wedding even before my wife file my cr1, even though am a lecturer in a university in Nigeria which I see as a strong ties and also have other ties too yet the CO still deny me. It was very painful, I had to go and wait and do my filing and am still waiting. So I will advise your husband to wait and gather more evidence for his cr1. I wish you and your spouse best of luck in your endeavors 

Yea we already submitted everything. Thank you for sharing your experience. I have heard that Nigeria is way more difficult then Ghana is. Filling afterwards would def look suspicious. Filing afterwards they already know that we are planning for him to migrate and we will do nothing to jeperdize his CR-1 approval. We will take in to consideration everything shared so far and make a choice soon. Thank you again 

Timeline

Not sure there is much difference now between the two.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I have heard that Nigeria is way more difficult then Ghana is. 

Actually it’s the other way round, Ghana rejection rate for B visas is 56%, Nigeria is just under 45% 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY17.pdf

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jovic said:

Look at it this way, how strong are those ties considering you're going to be leaving them behind when you get your CR-1?

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
20 hours ago, Tasiedu08 said:

Hi, I plan to travel to Ghana in August for my yearly trip but would like him to be able to travel back with me when I leave and stay with me for the length of the tourist visa. 

I'd recommend that you don't plan on him staying for more than a few weeks.  The longer he wants to stay the less plausible your claim of binding ties.  

From what you write his strongest ties are that he wants to finish college in Ghana.  Get strong documentation for that, e.g. certification that he's a student in good standing and that they he's anticipated to graduate by date X/Y/Z.  

Timeline
35 minutes ago, RLA said:

I'd recommend that you don't plan on him staying for more than a few weeks.  The longer he wants to stay the less plausible your claim of binding ties.  

From what you write his strongest ties are that he wants to finish college in Ghana.  Get strong documentation for that, e.g. certification that he's a student in good standing and that they he's anticipated to graduate by date X/Y/Z.  

wonderful his Head master is drafting up an affidavit for this as well. He only plans to stay no longer than 90 days and will travel back with me when I leave in August. 

Timeline

Affidavit?

I doubt it will be looked at never mind taken into account.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, MacUK said:

Look at it this way, how strong are those ties considering you're going to be leaving them behind when you get your CR-1?

Hmmmmm

That's a thought provoking question bro. But I need to build a family and I think I will have to count the cost and choose my family either. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.