Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'b-2'.
Found 4 results
My niece wants to visit us for about 2 weeks, due to covid -19 processing times In Ecuador have increased to 999 days, or just emergency purposes. is it still a good idea to apply now, and just wait until the emergency is over for the interview to be scheduled? will the system rejected the application if she applies now? any tip or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Does anyone have any recent experience going through the process with the I-130 form in a marriage to an Egyptian. If so how long did this process take? - and also while waiting for this visa was your spouse able to visit America on a B-2? Thank you!!!
I am a US citizen with a foreign fiance who currently holds a valid B-2 visa. It appears through what I've read, including the USCIS' website, that once we are married, which will take place outside the US, we should be able to do an adjustment of status for her while on a visit to the US. The purpose of which, to secure her an IR1/CR1. My only concern is that I've found a couple info sources that state entry into the US on a B-2 visa with the intent of later petitioning for AOS would be visa fraud. This asserts the alleged fraud is due to the reason given to the customs official for entry was something related to tourism or temporary visit, and therefore with intention to exit the US before your stay allowance expires. The ultimate result would be that during the processing in route to an IR1/CR1 a USCIS official conducting an interview would discover this 'deception' and you would be liable for the consequences. 1. Is this actually a valid concern we are likely to encounter? 2. Would it be preferable to get legally married within the US (prior to foreign ceremony and legal marriage), and immediately file I-485, I-130, and I-131 (in order to travel a couple months later abroad for the ceremony)? Thanks for your advice in advance.