Ashleyyyy

How long will it take to receive the NOA2 for I-130 for spouse??

23 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Camarasaran said:

Hi I petitioned for my husband . USCIS received it on March 1st 2018. I receive the NOA1 on March 12th. Then on March 16th, they sent the RFE, for the i130A. I responded to the RFE on March 20th. I am a US citizen. How long will it take to receive the NOA2? Thank you 

You still have many more months togo before you will receive the NOA2 maybe 6-8 months down the line.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Please fill in your timeline.  You have not provided sufficient information for anyone to give you an accurate answer.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

It will take that long. Cr1 takes about 12 to 15 months to complete. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

1 minute ago, Camarasaran said:

That’s insane . I hope it doesn’t take that long!!

Well it does a CR-1/IR-1 is taking about a year on average to complete right now. But that is an average so it could be alittle less time or more time if it requires it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Camarasaran said:

That’s insane . I hope it doesn’t take that long!!

Buckle up and settle in for a long journey, my friend.  It WILL take that long.......Everyone thinks "My case is different...my case will be faster than average"......if that is what you are thinking, then prepare yourself for disappointment

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, missileman said:

Buckle up and settle in for a long journey, my friend.  It WILL take that long.......Everyone thinks "My case is different...my case will be faster than average"......if that is what you are thinking, then prepare yourself for disappointment

A friend of mine and I have the same exact case , our husbands form the same country and everything And the entire process took only 11 months for  her husband to arrive to to US. I hope I get lucky ! Lol but thank you for you reply. 

1 hour ago, Camarasaran said:

A friend of mine and I have the same exact case , our husbands form the same country and everything And the entire process took only 11 months for  her husband to arrive to to US. I hope I get lucky ! Lol but thank you for you reply. 

But when was his case done? That is the big question.

Timelines have increased in the last year. It used to take less than a year to bring over spouse a few years ago. This is why we advise to never compare your case to others because it will only cause confusion, anger, and stress.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Actually you are lucky to recieve an  RFE that fast / you are 1 of 6,000,000 applications

like others have said,  do a timeline

VJ community needs to know what country this concerns as they all are so different

if we are dealing with a high fraud country,  may take a lot longer / could even result in a denial the first application and need further AP or another application

this is not a fast process

but all are here to help

do the timeline

let us know your country

keep track of your country's portal and review comments on embassy interviews there

good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
12 minutes ago, kris&me said:

VJ community needs to know what country this concerns as they all are so different

if we are dealing with a high fraud country,  may take a lot longer / could even result in a denial the first application and need further AP or another application

Very interesting to know. I always figured high-fraud countries would take longer to process. I'm thinking since Italy isn't typically a high-fraud country, hopefully our case will process relatively quickly, but I'm still not expecting anything shorter than 12 months.

Edited by ad8816

Met for the first time: 7/2015 (Italy) 

Married: 12/20/2017 (California) :luv:

I-130 petition sent to AZ lockbox: 1/29/2018

I-130 received at AZ lockbox: 1/31/2018

Text/Email update: 2/6/2018 

• Texas Service Center 

NOA1 hard copy: 2/10/2018

• Receipt Date: 2/5/2018

I-130 APPROVED: 8/1/2018

Sent to US Dept. of State: 8/6/2018

Dept. of State Received: 8/15/2018

NVC Welcome Email: 9/4/2018 (around 20:30 California time)

• Paid IV and AOS Fees: 9/4/2018

Completed and Submitted AOS Documents: 9/14/2018

Submitted everything to NVC: 9/16/2018

NVC Case Completed: 10/2/2018 

• Received approval for all AOS and IV documents BUT had to rotate and re-upload husband's passport biographic info page: 9/20/2018

Interview: 11/13/2018 (Naples, Italy)

🇺🇸 APPROVED! 🇺🇸

Immigration day: 12/13/2018

• Point Of Entry: SFO

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ad8816 said:

Very interesting to know. I always figured high-fraud countries would take longer to process. I'm thinking since Italy isn't typically a high-fraud country, hopefully our case will process relatively quickly, but I'm still not expecting anything shorter than 12 months.

your case will process as fast as any other case as there are 6 million applicaitons in the hands of immigraiton (new applications ) plus all the naturaliztion and adjustment cases

what we see with high fraud countries is they go the same 12 to 15 months but many are denied the 1st interview and the USC must go thru a lengthy process to reaffirm the case or reapply (this can be a 12 month to 2 year time frame) 

Italy is not high fraud but case will still take as long as any other country except those that can DCF

56 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

But when was his case done? That is the big question.

Timelines have increased in the last year. It used to take less than a year to bring over spouse a few years ago. This is why we advise to never compare your case to others because it will only cause confusion, anger, and stress.

It was back in 2016. Thank you for your reply 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.