TBoneTX

May 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

632 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, TeeSam said:

It changed status on May 18th. I think that's when they received my fiance's medical because they didn't have it before. Now the status was updated on May 30th. 

Screenshot_20180530-210611.png

Did the date change for both case numbers because I see you have 2. Are you petitioning for her child too?

Our date last updated on May 22nd which is when they responded back to saying they received his birth certificate. Which means they touched his case that day to login receiving his birth certificate. We're still in AP status although they said in an email response that our case is in the final stage of processing. They were closed last Wednesday due to Jamaica's Labor Day holiday and closed on Monday for Memorial Day. Praying it gets issued out before the week is over.

If the date changed that meant they touched your case. You might want to reach out why it's still in AP status. I'm thinking it's because they don't have your certificate of non-impediment. If not, then you need to find out what is the reason for the delay. 

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Did the date change for both case numbers because I see you have 2. Are you petitioning for her child too?

Out date last updated on May 22nd which is when they responded back to saying they received his birth certificate. Which means they touched his case that day to login receiving his birth certificate. We're still in AP status although they said in an email response that our case is in the final stage of processing. They were closed last Wednesday due to Jamaica's Labor Day holiday and closed on Monday for memorial day. Praying it gets issued and the week is over.

If the date changed that meant they touched your case. You might want to Cinderella out why it's still in AP status. I'm thinking it's because they don't have your certificate of non-impediment. If not, then you need to find out what is the reason is for the delay. 

The first number was when NVC sent the paperwork to the embassy and it was ready to schedule the original interview. The 2nd number was in AP status from April 30th, when she did her interview and was approved. It was updated May 18th and they emailed me saying they received the medical. It was updated again today from AP to Ready. I'm confused as to why it's telling us she is to do the interview again. I think it's either of 2 things...she needs to send the no-impediment or the visa is being sent and they made an error putting it back to ready. Guess I won't know until they respond to my email.

3 minutes ago, TeeSam said:

The first number was when NVC sent the paperwork to the embassy and it was ready to schedule the original interview. The 2nd number was in AP status from April 30th, when she did her interview and was approved. It was updated May 18th and they emailed me saying they received the medical. It was updated again today from AP to Ready. I'm confused as to why it's telling us she is to do the interview again. I think it's either of 2 things...she needs to send the no-impediment or the visa is being sent and they made an error putting it back to ready. Guess I won't know until they respond to my email.

One thing she doesn't have to do is another interview so don't worry about that. The status sometimes changes from AP to ready before changing to issued. I've read plenty of times before from others who have experienced this. Either way it doesn't hurt to email them to find out what the status is. The fact that the date updated today is a good thing because at least you know someone reviewed your case.

Normally you don't have 2 case numbers. It's based on how many people are applying for a visa. The 01 is the primary beneficiary and the 02 is usually for the child. But Jamaica seems to be doing a whole lot of things differently these days when it comes to our cases.

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

One thing she doesn't have to do is another interview so don't worry about that. The status sometimes changes from AP to ready before changing to issued. I've read plenty of times before from others who have experienced this. Either way it doesn't hurt to email them to find out what the status is. The fact that the date updated today is a good thing because at least you know someone reviewed your case.

Thanks, you have me feeling better. I've never read anything from the reviews about it going from AP to Ready to Issued. I hope and pray that's what's happening. Even though I know the K1 is a IV I've also been checking NIV status just in case. I just don't want a generic answer in the email. 

6 minutes ago, TeeSam said:

Thanks, you have me feeling better. I've never read anything from the reviews about it going from AP to Ready to Issued. I hope and pray that's what's happening. Even though I know the K1 is a IV I've also been checking NIV status just in case. I just don't want a generic answer in the email. 

Let me see they respond back saying. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/23/2018 at 12:43 PM, Irishdoherty said:

I would like to announce that we just got our visa approved yesterday  after 359 days lol 

Congratulations !!

We have our appointment exactly 10 days away. Ours hit a year on may 5th. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/25/2018 at 9:29 AM, Kirin2002 said:

Hi all people, I’ve been disconnected but I have waiting for my sponsor papers for +4 months. I sent them a week ago, now I’m waiting for packet 4. I hope all May 2017 filers are completed by now!! I’m probably the last one. More than a year on this. (Although 129f approved on October 2017). How’s all going??? 😊😊😊

My Fiance and I are still waiting for our appointment to get here. Only 10 days away ........ Going on a year and a month

5 hours ago, NateAndJessica said:

Exciting good luck!

Approved interview at day 371 on Wednesday for us!!

CONGRATS NATE!!!!! Happy to hear that but I knew you guys would pass with flying colors!!!

Hopefully, you won't have to wait like me and @TeeSam are and be able to fly back with your fiancé very soon!!!!

We made to the end of my friend! :D

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/1/2018 at 6:07 AM, Trinab80 said:

CONGRATS NATE!!!!! Happy to hear that but I knew you guys would pass with flying colors!!!

Hopefully, you won't have to wait like me and @TeeSam are and be able to fly back with your fiancé very soon!!!!

We made to the end of my friend! :D

Im back in the US now. Jessica does have airline tickets for the 18th so fingers crossed, ugggg. sorry you two got jammed up : /

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Still coming to this thread almost everyday to see how people are going with the visas.

@Trinab80 and @TeeSam, hope your fiances get their visas sorted by the embassy. I've been so frustrated along with you guys just reading about what's happening. Sending positive vibes.~

Congrats to those who got their NOA2s, and interviews! Hope there's no more May filers left after a month or two.

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

Any other May filers receive DS5535 at the interview? We have been stuck in AP since February 5 and have no own much longer this could take.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, cjelie said:

Any other May filers receive DS5535 at the interview? We have been stuck in AP since February 5 and have no own much longer this could take.

I think @Maria1989 got one?
Am not sure how/if/when it was resolved

Just now, TeeSam said:

OMG the visa was FINALLLY issued!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY

I TOLD YOU....I KNEW IT WAS GONNA COME THIS WEEK!!!!!!!! YAAAYYYYYYY!!!! FINALLY FRIEND!!!!

Wait until at least tomorrow to get the waybill number. DHL hasn't picked it up yet!!!!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.