TBoneTX

May 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

632 posts in this topic

Okay guys it's the moment of truth. So, we are still in AP status and today would make day 7 (if you don't count the weekends) or day 11 if you do count the weekends. Right now, I'm supposed to be booking my flight so I can go home tomorrow without Reni, however I don't know what to do. 

Apart of me thinks that as soon as I land tomorrow his visa status will change to issued which means he'll fly a couple days right after me to the US. But I feel like if I use 2 more vacation days from work and stay, but his status stays in AP until Friday, then I would have wasted a whole 5 days of vacation time which I could have used when he's in the US. 

I'm trying not to think negative but there's been some outside influences that are making it hard to think because I'm starting to think that something is wrong with our case.

You all have been with me from the beginning so I value your opinion the most....what should I do?

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

Okay guys it's the moment of truth. So, we are still in AP status and today would make day 7 (if you don't count the weekends) or day 11 if you do count the weekends. Right now, I'm supposed to be booking my flight so I can go home tomorrow without Reni, however I don't know what to do. 

Apart of me thinks that as soon as I land tomorrow his visa status will change to issued which means he'll fly a couple days right after me to the US. But I feel like if I use 2 more vacation days from work and stay, but his status stays in AP until Friday, then I would have wasted a whole 5 days of vacation time which I could have used when he's in the US. 

I'm trying not to think negative but there's been some outside influences that are making it hard to think because I'm starting to think that something is wrong with our case.

You all have been with me from the beginning so I value your opinion the most....what should I do?

Thats a tough one! If It was me ( which of course it isn't !) I would probably fly tomorrow. In London they say a week to 10 business days for the visa to be issued and then it has to get to you depending on whether you have it fedexed and if its FEDEX you may get it the same day or maybe the next.  Save those vacation days for celebrating when he gets here!  Just my opinion however!!

3 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

Thats a tough one! If It was me ( which of course it isn't !) I would probably fly tomorrow. In London they say a week to 10 business days for the visa to be issued and then it has to get to you depending on whether you have it fedexed and if its FEDEX you may get it the same day or maybe the next.  Save those vacation days for celebrating when he gets here!  Just my opinion however!!

I've already booked my flight to go home tomorrow afternoon. Bittersweet because I'm ready to go back home but we were supposed to fly home together. Praying that his visa gets issued before the week is over. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

I've already booked my flight to go home tomorrow afternoon. Bittersweet because I'm ready to go back home but we were supposed to fly home together. Praying that his visa gets issued before the week is over. 

I'm waiting for ours to come out of AP and be issued too.  We were approved on thursday at the interview but although that was 5 days ago it was only 2 working days as the UK had a bank holiday!!  The wait is just interminable but my SO has a ticket booked for May 31st so the end is in sight!

4 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

I'm waiting for ours to come out of AP and be issued too.  We were approved on thursday at the interview but although that was 5 days ago it was only 2 working days as the UK had a bank holiday!!  The wait is just interminable but my SO has a ticket booked for May 31st so the end is in sight!

Well as soon as my fiance picks up his Visa packet I'm booking the first flight out of Jamaica for him.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

Well as soon as my fiance picks up his Visa packet I'm booking the first flight out of Jamaica for him.

I pray that Reni is on a flight to Philly at the end of the week. Safe travels tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

I think it was wise to book a flight to return home tomorrow to save your vacation days. I pray he gets an update by the end week. Remember, even when the visa is updated to Issued, it can take 3-4 days before it mailed out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

I'm glad you booked your flight for tomorrow.

I think at this point it's wise to save your vacation days.  I know its been a long process, but we still have almost 7 months left in the year and I'm sure you will want to take some time off between now and then.  Reni will be fine.  He will have his visa issued, he will fly to the States, and you will be right there to pick him up.  God didn't bring you this far to leave you.

K1 Timeline

5/17/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS Lewisville, Texas via FedEx Ground Shipping
01/03/2018: NVC Received I-129F and Case Number Received
01/23/2018: Embassy Received
02/09/2018: Medical
03/19/2018: Interview 
03/19/2018: APPROVED!
03/21/2018: Visa in Hand

08/04/2018:  MARRIED!

AOS Timeline (I-485)

08/29/2018: AOS/EAD/AP sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

09/12/2018: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail

09/24/2018: Biometrics Appointment

12/27/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled by USCIS

02/13/2019: Interview

02/14/2019: AOS APPROVED!!!

02/20/2019: GREEN CARD ISSUED!!!

02/21/2019: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline (I-751)

11/13/2020: 90-day application window opened

12/12/2020: I-751 sent to USCIS Phoenix via UPS

12/17/2020: Received by USCIS

01/28/2021: Received NOA1 hard copy via mail

02/04/2021: Biometrics Waived 

11/08/2021: Received NOA hard copy for 24-month extension via mail

01/11/2022: Removal of Conditions Approved

01/15/2022: Hard copy of NOA received

01/18/2022: Permanent Resident Card in Hand!

Citizenship Timeline (N-400)

08/04/2021: 3-year marriage-based window opened

09/12/2022: N-400 filed online, Received by USCIS, NOA1 Digital copy received

09/14/2022: Biometrics Waived 

12/21/2022: Citizenship Interview Scheduled by USCIS (Vermont Field Office)

02/07/2023: Interview 

06/23/2023: Citizenship Oath!!!

VJ Was With Us From Beginning to END...THANK YOU VJ!!!

9 hours ago, naija_glam said:

I think it was wise to book a flight to return home tomorrow to save your vacation days. I pray he gets an update by the end week. Remember, even when the visa is updated to Issued, it can take 3-4 days before it mailed out.

7 hours ago, Websters202 said:

I'm glad you booked your flight for tomorrow.

I think at this point it's wise to save your vacation days.  I know its been a long process, but we still have almost 7 months left in the year and I'm sure you will want to take some time off between now and then.  Reni will be fine.  He will have his visa issued, he will fly to the States, and you will be right there to pick him up.  God didn't bring you this far to leave you.

Thanks ladies. You're both right. I'm trying my best not to think negative about this whole thing. Just thought he would have it by now. Not really sure what could be taking so long since they have all the mandatory documents. Friday makes 2 weeks since we've been approved. I pray that the status updates today to issued. Hopefully he'll be here early next week.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/27/2018 at 10:48 AM, Trinab80 said:

It's been a long, tiresome day but WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!

I'm late to the party :dancing:

Well it's about time LOL.

Wow what a relief. You could right a book about your experience. 

2 hours ago, LabOz said:

I'm late to the party :dancing:

Well it's about time LOL.

Wow what a relief. You could right a book about your experience. 

Thanks so much my friend. Now I'm waiting for his Visa to be issued which is taking what seems like forever.  I just landed back home and I'm sad because he wasn't able to fly back with me.

I'm so overdone with all this waiting. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Thanks so much my friend. Now I'm waiting for his Visa to be issued which is taking what seems like forever.  I just landed back home and I'm sad because he wasn't able to fly back with me.

I'm so overdone with all this waiting. 

Well the good thing is you started the journey (trials) last May and he will be here in your arms before this May is over you won't have to go another month without each other.

Have him bring a couple extra copies of his official Birth certificate if he can not easily order them once he is here.

We are on our next stage of waiting.... AOS so the fun never ends hehe 

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

So I finally got a response back to the embassy to my email inquiring about the status of our visa. The response said that his visa is now ready for printing!!!!! The status on the CEAC case tracker still says AP but at least I know it's just about done and will be issued very soon. So all the worrying I did was for nothing. 

I'm thinking the status will change tomorrow no later than Monday and he'll be able to fly out between Wednesday-Friday of next week. 

Hey.. I was wondering whats the email you used to find out the status of the visa and how long did it take to get a response?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.