julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burundi
Timeline
On 3/8/2018 at 12:11 PM, Kween said:

Hello all...june filer...i would like to give some information to you guys....if you put current address in i129-f,and that is not where you want your case to go..and you want it to go to a diffrent embassy.please change it at USCIS,before your case gets to nvc..once at nvc they will send to the address listed as your current ADDRESS..please don't go though what were going through 

What did you go through to change the address

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, ana e jordan said:

Btw, how is your process @Naes ? Things went smooth after noa2? 

Waiting for the NVC case number (day 10 today) but I learnt there’s no date available for interview till June 18 as of today... so I’m chill as I can’t do anything anyway hehe

Timeline
1 hour ago, ana e jordan said:

Everyone is one step to panic, but I know that this forms are slightly different from case to case. I was helping my parents for b1/b2 and we got some different things even tho they had very similar history. But I'm just worried about going back to the 11 years old thing. From what you have seen the right thing to do is to fill again and take the new confirmation number/bar code to the interview? 

Yes as far as I’ve seen. 

You can always send the embassy an inquiry about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

Waiting for the NVC case number (day 10 today) but I learnt there’s no date available for interview till June 18 as of today... so I’m chill as I can’t do anything anyway hehe

Good, it will come around these days, it took us around that. Wow June 18? OMG:pop:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Naes said:

Yes as far as I’ve seen. 

You can always send the embassy an inquiry about it.

Nice to know, we did. I'm waiting what they will say. But it's always nice to share here and hear from real experiences ;)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ana e jordan said:

Good, it will come around these days, it took us around that. Wow June 18? OMG:pop:

Hopefully Monday is the day!

At least I’m going to Turkey :D 

it was too long of a wait to sit around and wait for the interview

25 minutes ago, mcromer said:

Has anyone had any luck getting an earlier interview date due to a cancellation or something? 

I was able to reschedule mine :) I'm not sure of the reason though. At first, only May 17th was available. A few days later, I saw interview dates as early as April 12th. So it helps to check. Please keep in mind though that at least for me, the website told me I'm only able to reschedule once.

h

1 hour ago, LizM said:

I was able to reschedule mine :) I'm not sure of the reason though. At first, only May 17th was available. A few days later, I saw interview dates as early as April 12th. So it helps to check. Please keep in mind though that at least for me, the website told me I'm only able to reschedule once.

yaaayyyy - andit's now only a few weeks away to have your interview! :D 

also - are you ready for your medicaaaaal? :D (i wanted to sound like i'm on stage and have the crowd scream YEAAAAH) 

gosh i'm getting nervous! lol tomorrow is my medical at 9:30! i got the money, all docs required ready and feel

all i want is just to walk out and get ready to go to the embassy!

i hope they will email me today with an appointment... their instruction clearly said to email them XYZ documents and they will send

the appointment via email, no online scheduling! ayyyyy! 

hope everyone has a great start into this new week (here with rain) and stays positive :) 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 hours ago, Etienne Nahayo said:

What did you go through to change the address

I sent an email to the embassy that we want our case to go to and ask them to request our case from the other embassy, then i sent a email to the embassy that has our case and asked them to transfer it

I'm praying for us all 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Is there anyone who has an insight of how the sending process works from NOA2 to NVC?

It doesn't make much sense to me that cases with a later approval date have been received by NVC before ours.

3 weeks of waiting so far for them to receive it, and I'm not going to lie, it's getting frustrating for us.

I'm just wondering what our petition all has to go through before it arrives there.

I feel like it's taking a trip around the world or something lol

I-129F sent: 08/30/2017

NOA1 received date: 09/05/2017 (6 days)

NOA2 notice date: 03/24/2018 (200 days)

NVC received: 04/19/2018 (26 days)

NVC case number: 04/26/2018 (7 days)

I-129F left NVC: 04/27/2018 (1 day)

Embassy received: 05/02/2018 (5 days)

Packet 3 received: 05/09/2018 (7 days)

Medical 1&2: 05/17/2018 (8 days) & 05/19/2018 (2 days)

Interview: 05/24/2018 (5 days) 

VOH: 05/30/2018 (6 days)

POE: 06/07/2018 (8 days) ( 281 days from I-129F sent) (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Cat&Charlie said:

Is there anyone who has an insight of how the sending process works from NOA2 to NVC?

It doesn't make much sense to me that cases with a later approval date have been received by NVC before ours.

3 weeks of waiting so far for them to receive it, and I'm not going to lie, it's getting frustrating for us.

I'm just wondering what our petition all has to go through before it arrives there.

I think the answer is that there is no rhyme or reason to any of it at any point in this whole process!! We were 2 weeks to nvc, 24 hours from case number to ‘in transit’ and then another 2 weeks in transit before it was ready.  It was incredibly frustrating but some people go through all of this really fast only to then find no interview dates available till June like @Naes I’m trying to just think of it all as some great big test of our patience and that we will be rewarded big time once we get to be with our loved ones!! Hang in there love xxx

41 minutes ago, Cat&Charlie said:

No one can say with any certainty why your case is taking longer then someone else's. Not all cases are adjudicated within the same time frame. Each of you have to have background checks and depending on the speed in which that takes places your file moves along the approval path. This is a journey of patience. Those that have more of it will seem to fair better then those who do not.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.