pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
25 minutes ago, CaliforniaLovin said:

Hi all,

My fiancé and I are expecting our baby in February (not planned!). I'm going to stay in the UK. BUT I was wondering, can we get married while waiting on the K1 visa? OR, if anyone has been through something similar did they go through the US embassy once the baby was born and get the baby's passport and citizenship in their local country (i.e. UK for me) or wait until they enter the US on the K1 with the baby. In which case would the baby need an ESTA? Thank you in advance!! x

My understanding that getting married while pending the K1 will disqualify you and you'll have to do the whole process over with another application specific to married couples. 

Just now, Alan&Alex said:

My understanding that getting married while pending the K1 will disqualify you and you'll have to do the whole process over with another application specific to married couples. 

That's what I figured. But, wasn't sure. Thank you. :(

03/23/18 - Sent I-129F Package 

03/26/18 - USCIS received package

03/29/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text)

04/10/18 - Hard copy of NOA1 (around this date)

xx/xx/18 - RFE/NOA2

xx/xx/18 - Case at NVC/Case # Received

xx/xx/18 - Embassy Received Case

xx/xx/18 - Medical Appointment

xx/xx/18 - Interview Appointment

xx/xx/xx - Visa Received

xx/xx/xx - POE to USA

xx/xx/xx - Wedding date <3

Helpful info

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 hours ago, Meu Amor said:

Tomorrow the good news should continue to fill our group...😍

What the heck? Did no one here in VJ world get an NOA2 today? It's like everyone at USCIS worked so hard yesterday approving a bunch of folks, they decided to take the day off today. LOL

Seriously though, I wonder if they send out NOA2s on certain days of the week or do they normally just stream in each day?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, CaliforniaLovin said:

Hi all,

My fiancé and I are expecting our baby in February (not planned!). I'm going to stay in the UK. BUT I was wondering, can we get married while waiting on the K1 visa? OR, if anyone has been through something similar did they go through the US embassy once the baby was born and get the baby's passport and citizenship in their local country (i.e. UK for me) or wait until they enter the US on the K1 with the baby. In which case would the baby need an ESTA? Thank you in advance!! x

U will have to cancel ur K1 visa and start a cr1. Which will u have to start all over again. Plus it takes a bit longer for cr1. 

If u are a March filer u “should” have no issue with benefituary being in the states by March. Tbh if everything goes well u could possible make it by the end of this year or start of next year. 

Btw congrats on the baby. Hope she has a safe and healthy pregnancy.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

What the heck? Did no one here in VJ world get an NOA2 today? It's like everyone at USCIS worked so hard yesterday approving a bunch of folks, they decided to take the day off today. LOL

Seriously though, I wonder if they send out NOA2s on certain days of the week or do they normally just stream in each day?

That's exactly my thought process! Hahaha I've been constantly checking my phone today on this forum hoping to see the stream of people saying they got approved but there's been nothing 😭😭 ah well hopefully better luck tommorow ❤

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Chris&Ale said:

😁 Haha, I don't think it's specific days. My fiance's in another group and it seems like everyday someone's been getting approved. But we should start seeing a consistent approval inflow soon...🤙

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chris&Ale said:

Lol seems like the USCIS wasnt in a good mood. A bunch of us rang too and got really rude answers by tier 2.

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/4/2018 at 7:07 AM, fiery said:

129f sent: Feb 22, 2018

NOA1 Old site: Feb 26, 2018

NOA1 New site: March 1, 2018

Approved Aug 31, 2018 according to the new site!

Just waiting for the official NOA2 letter in the mail

The old site wasn't updated with any new info at all and I didn't receive any notifications from my account there, despite having turned notifications on months ago. 

I made an account on the new site and found out it was approved that way. 

Hello pls I am march 1 still waiting for NAO2 but pls I don't know the new site everyone is talking about pls can you give me the new site 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Verona and Andrew said:

Hi everyone! Giving you an update as promised! 😉 Tier 2 called back yesterday and told us WE ARE APPROVED ! I am so happy! He was very nice and congratulated us! 

Btw I have no updates on both websites! 

Good luck everyone and God bless! 

Congratulations

Timeline

Hello everybody, please can anyone help me with the new and old site I don't know which of the site is new or old. We are march 1 noa1 still waiting for noa2. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Oluwasegun said:

Hello everybody, please can anyone help me with the new and old site I don't know which of the site is new or old. We are march 1 noa1 still waiting for noa2. Thank you.

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ new site 

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do old site

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 hours ago, Verona and Andrew said:

Hi everyone! Giving you an update as promised! 😉 Tier 2 called back yesterday and told us WE ARE APPROVED ! I am so happy! He was very nice and congratulated us! 

Btw I have no updates on both websites! 

Good luck everyone and God bless! 

Congratulations...

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Thank you👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.