2,253 posts in this topic

Timeline
43 minutes ago, The212 said:

My case status says: Case received on March 22nd 2018. When I called, they told me the same thing. It is strange to see many approvals while my case did not change at all since I submitted it a year ago. Does anyone have any idea what could the reason be?

Congrats on all the approvals! 

1 minute ago, Hopegrace said:

Hello everyone, i have been following this forum for a long time and i decided to join today 😊. I am a March CSC filers and i have no updates since last year. status says “ case received”

So, by personal experience, the update on the website is not reliable. 

I would just wait for the notice in the mail and be sure to update your address if you change it during the process.

Mine never was updated until they received my RFE response, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Don't stress. Everything will go well. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, xillini said:

Just wondering....

Have you pointed out that the way USCIS operates are still unclear (i.e October 2018 filer is approved while September 2017 is still waiting...), and if it should be covered for national security reasons, or whatever creative reasons they come up with, at least, congress members, as a representative of US, should be able to access the specifics and details of how they operate, and monitor how it is operating? Additionally, USCIS stops to hosting annual open-house forum, and this would be a great opportunity that USCIS invites congress members and immigration attorneys to show how transparent they operate. If they don't want to host, it will only add speculation and this is not how a democratic government agency would operate. 

For instance, it is still not clear how many department(s) are assigned for I 751, under which how many IOs are assigned, and how many I 751 are adjucated (both approval or denial per day), per service center, and how many other supporting teams/reserve IOs are available for I 751, and so-on. 

By asking specific questions to USCIS, I believe it will help many people to understand how USCIS operates in a specific way (in stead of just USCIS claiming that we adjucate cases on a timely manner, which doesn't say anything and everyone knows), and make them accountable for the delays. 

Of course, the chance is that USCIS will be committed to a timely adjucation while ensuring integrity of immigration system and national security, some thing along the line, but at least it will pressure them that some in Congress pays attention to I 751 and they might develop some ways to adjucate I 751 faster. 

@xillini - I did.  My specific wordings were:

"The approval process for I-751 is quite a blackbox.  On a given day in the past month I have queried the case statuses on line (case statuses are public information without identities; anyone can guess the numbers and query them on www.uscis.gov), there have been applicants who filed from October 2017 to April 2018 getting approvals or RFEs.  How is that possible that the adjudication processes span over seven months worth of applications, and none of a particular month seems to be complete on its own?  Even if an applicant receives an RFE, one only has 84 days to response to USCIS or case is automatically denied for non-responsive.  Logically, that leaves cases to be active only about 4 months at any given point in time. I urge you to look into the adjudication process and that it should be more transparent to the applicants."

I think of all the issues we are all experiencing here when I drafted the letter.  I am going to also attend a town hall in my district and I made an appointment to speak with a staffer who is the immigration coordinator for my US House Representative.  I hope to plant the seed to start something.  People can whine, but unless someone wants to listen and hear it, nothing will change.  This is America, we can do better.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, The212 said:

My case status says: Case received on March 22nd 2018. When I called, they told me the same thing. It is strange to see many approvals while my case did not change at all since I submitted it a year ago. Does anyone have any idea what could the reason be?

Congrats on all the approvals! 

Hi, My case says the same thing since the 29th of march and when I called no update either. 

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude....My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi, Can someone tell me what are the pros and cons for putting the Citizenship application while waiting for the 10 years GC ? I've been tempted to put it thru but something tells me to wait a bit more ...

Thanks 

Don't confuse my personality with my attitude....My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hamidparis said:

Hi, My case says the same thing since the 29th of march and when I called no update either. 

My case says this since March 2018 so I guess we r in same boat 

E21330D0-2ECC-44A8-A2AD-3A05A984BD23.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Hamidparis said:

Hi, Can someone tell me what are the pros and cons for putting the Citizenship application while waiting for the 10 years GC ? I've been tempted to put it thru but something tells me to wait a bit more ...

Thanks 

Pros:

1: You get the citizenship and have the processing time counted towards N400 once you become eligible and apply for it without having to wait for ROC approval.

2: You done dealing with USCIS

Cons:

1: Most likely delay the approval for ROC since it is highly likely that your ROC would be combined and processed along with your N400.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:45 AM, Petes30 said:

We live in RI and got transferred from Vermont.

We live in NY. Got a letter yesterday saying case is transferred to Texas Service Centee from Vermont. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, Hamidparis said:

Thanks 

Am waiting, and I think you should wait, if you are lucky you can be approved while waiting, but if you are not it can delay your i751. 

I had wanted to fill, so I started following the i751 & N400 combo fillers. A few are lucky, but most of them attended interview only to be turn away or had just i751 interview, and have waited for over 4 months no interview for n400 after the i751 interview. 

It a little mess, 

but if you wait and get your ten GC everything will flow smoothly.

follow the combo group and see things for your self, some are still waiting after 2 years. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
14 hours ago, The212 said:

I have the same problem. I called, they said there is no update on my case. On the new website, It says case received. The lady I spoke to told me to keep checking the website for updated and also consider the processing times shown on their website. CSC , 03/22. 

Regarding my biometrics, I remember I did not hear anything until I decided to call in June 2018 and ask to speak to a tier 2 officer. They basically called me back in 3 hours. He said that the biometrics was retrieved from my I-485 application back in 2016. On the new website, there are two updates on my case. One is basically when it was received on March 23, 2018 and one on May 8, 2018 which says the "fingerprint review is completed". That's pretty much it! :)

Hello All! Congrats for all who got approved and crossing fingers for those who are still waiting 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I have a question. I got my approval notice by mail dated March 20. I also have the below update in my USCIS account. Based on your experiences, when should I expect the actual green card to be delivered to me? Thank you!!!

Background: I filed on March 30, 2018 in California. My biometrics and interview were waived. I currently have the 18 months extension letter. 

32CB35B1-3A9A-41F2-8CA6-A461316A5004.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Carol.Bejj said:

Hello All! Congrats for all who got approved and crossing fingers for those who are still waiting 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I have a question. I got my approval notice by mail dated March 20. I also have the below update in my USCIS account. Based on your experiences, when should I expect the actual green card to be delivered to me? Thank you!!!

Background: I filed on March 30, 2018 in California. My biometrics and interview were waived. I currently have the 18 months extension letter. 

32CB35B1-3A9A-41F2-8CA6-A461316A5004.jpeg

Oh wow! Congratulations!

Just got an update - card was mailed to me. 

06/24/2015 - Package received
06/29/2015 - fingerprint fee accepted.
06/30/2015 - Received text & e-confirmation of NOA. Case received & routed to USCIS National Benefits Center
07/06/2015 - NOA1 received.

07/13/2015 - Biometric letter arrived mail box. Date 07/24/2015

07/24/2015 - Biometric done. One month mark

08/29/2015 - EAD approved

09/03/2015 - EAD card mailed

09/04/2015 - EAD approval mail in mail box

09/08/2015 - EAD card received.

09/09/2015 - Applied for SSN.

09/15/2015 - Got my SSN in the mail

04/14/2015 - Update online: Your interview has been scheduled for 05/19

On 3/25/2019 at 3:59 PM, Carol.Bejj said:

I also had biometrics and interview waived and also got my approval notice on March 20, and I had my new card in hand yesterday (March 26). Hopefully you have yours now, too! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.