2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, GP1977 said:

Got a notification this moring at I received an rfe.

noa1: Jan 8

rfe: 7/27

200 days

There are many varying degrees of RFE's. Some as simple as not "ticking" off a question. Others, forgot the fiancé(e) letter and then others who met on a website and now need to prove that it wasn't a marriage arrangement website.

Here is a list, though it maybe old but the RFE's are still current of what some are receiving. Yours may be one of them.

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undo harm. Once you know what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to insure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

19 hours ago, Snuffles said:

Ahh, he lost it. 

For your reading enjoyment. This might help but it is old but never hurts to try.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, Snuffles said:

Yeah? We’d still need to get a co-sponsor, though...

And that isn’t that far away!!!

Call to request an expedite. They will put the request in right away. Approval is another matter of course but the request gets in much sooner than mail, which takes not only the time to deliver it but then at least another day or two to get sorted at the facility, date stamped, then put on someone's desk to wait for them to look at it. Sorry i don't have the number on me but it is on USCIS's page about reasons to expedite. They may email you later to send documentation to prove your case so have that ready (they have you fax it.) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

There are many varying degrees of RFE's. Some as simple as not "ticking" off a question. Others, forgot the fiancé(e) letter and then others who met on a website and now need to prove that it wasn't a marriage arrangement website.

Here is a list, though it maybe old but the RFE's are still current of what some are receiving. Yours may be one of them.

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undo harm. Once you know what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to insure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient. Good luck.

Great advice. Thank you for all you do for the vj community!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Feeling really bummed...  My fiance was here for a month, his flight just left and I'm in a hotel room alone before I drive back home tomorrow.... :(

Thank goodness this is almost over for all of us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys. We got our approval on 7/24. But the NOA 2 came this friday 7/27. My case status in the website still say "received". I think that is not update. Maybe many of us  have been approved and doesn't know anything for this website. Please have a lot of patience. Your approval is coming soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have the same problem with the new site?

:mellow:

image.thumb.png.8e29c798506dadd63233f530d8405c43.png

01/19 Mailed I-129F  01/25 NOA1 08/11 NOA2  08/24 NVC received  09/27 NVC#  09/04 NVC left  09/06 Consulate received 09/14 Medical Examinations  10/02 Instructions (Pkt 3) received (via email)  10/05 Interview  10/10 Visa received   

10/25 US Entry  12/02 Wedding  12/31 Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765  01/04 NOA1  02/01 Biometrics  07/15 AOS RFE  08/12 RFE Reply 10/16 EAD&AP Approval
11/12 AOS Interview

20 minutes ago, Ian&Dana said:

Hello everyone!

I just tried the new sistem, the same thing happened to me. I don’t  know what does that mean but I’mbgonna try again after one hour. Hopefully isn’t something bad.

Edited by Inna2404

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
21 hours ago, ashmed246 said:

Congratulations to all those that have been approved and those recently approved this week. I don’t know if it’s just my case (K1 for my fiancé and K2 for our child) or there are people in the same situation? January 10th on old and 12th on the new site but I’m yet to see any update. I’m active duty military and was thinking that would make any difference but I guess it doesn’t.

We have same dates and still waiting ;( idk why our dates are postponing so much, it’s like someone took our cases and forgot them on the table and went to holidays. Idk what to think more...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, BridefromKZ said:

We have same dates and still waiting ;( idk why our dates are postponing so much, it’s like someone took our cases and forgot them on the table and went to holidays. Idk what to think more...

1 minute ago, BridefromKZ said:

Hopefully we get our approvals in this new week. I’m getting tired of checking uscis website on a daily basis and see nothing. Let’s remain hopefully, our time is almost here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
1 minute ago, ashmed246 said:

Hopefully we get our approvals in this new week. I’m getting tired of checking uscis website on a daily basis and see nothing. Let’s remain hopefully, our time is almost here.

Yeah, I totally understand you... hope we will have our NOA2s this week

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Ian&Dana said:

Hello everyone!

Yes, I received this error message as well. Maybe they are doing system upgrade or something??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.