2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, hnnt said:

I know how it feels. Did you tell your companies that you were waiting on EAD

Yeah I am very clear with them about my legal status. I used to be on F1 visa and worked in US before. Most of employers are very understanding 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JojoNikki said:

Yeah I am very clear with them about my legal status. I used to be on F1 visa and worked in US before. Most of employers are very understanding 

To be honest, for what it's worth...

Before I launched my Expedite Request, I also contacted my Senators and all that.  They were, 10000000%, completely useless.  I have a feeling, if anything "happens", it's a mere, sheer, coincidence.

From what I've read just a few posts back, you're seeing that "uselessness" showing, as well...

Best of luck to you guys!  Prayers it happens MUCH sooner - than later!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Northerndynasty said:

To be honest, for what it's worth...

Before I launched my Expedite Request, I also contacted my Senators and all that.  They were, 10000000%, completely useless.  I have a feeling, if anything "happens", it's a mere, sheer, coincidence.

From what I've read just a few posts back, you're seeing that "uselessness" showing, as well...

Best of luck to you guys!  Prayers it happens MUCH sooner - than later!

Yeah I mean, I don't count on them to do the trick for me lol but it doesn't hurt to try... At this point I am just doing whatever that can be done and hope the thing will move along..

Timeline
2 hours ago, JojoNikki said:

Yeah I mean, I don't count on them to do the trick for me lol but it doesn't hurt to try... At this point I am just doing whatever that can be done and hope the thing will move along..

True as true!  Best wishes...hope it works out either way!!

Timeline
17 hours ago, Northerndynasty said:

True as true!  Best wishes...hope it works out either way!!

Thanks! I am very confused about how other people filed the packet the same time as I do already have their interview scheduled. I checked the processing time and found that their office acutally take longer for I485 than mine but I haven't heard nothing.. I hope I can hear back about the GC thing to take my mind out of this EAD expedite disaster. Now I feel like figuring out USCIS is like trying to figure out the black hole

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Finally got approved. 

Expedite request via phone -- 9/10

Received email for additional evidence -- 9/13

Response to uscis -- 9/13

Approved -- 10/7

Hope everyone has a smooth process

5 hours ago, JojoNikki said:

Finally got approved. 

Expedite request via phone -- 9/10

Received email for additional evidence -- 9/13

Response to uscis -- 9/13

Approved -- 10/7

Hope everyone has a smooth process

i got approval as well but case status is stuck at case was approved on october 4 and no update since then :( people usually get a tracking number 1-2 days afterwards so im worried now

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations for those who got their EAD Expedited! 

I have just refiled the whole I-485 package again after interview denial (I-130 approved). And had to stop working because USCIS also revoked my current EAD. My employer is willing to wait and help with the supporting documents. I told them the minimum processing time could be 90 days. Right now, they hired someone to fill in my position temporarily. In worst case scenario, they will have to terminate me and rehire when I can provide new EAD. (I worked for the state community college.)

My I-765 received date was Sept 17, 2019. I submitted the expedite requested with USCIS due to financial loss to a company and person via phone but got rejected on Sept 30, 2019 (They didn't ask to see further evidences. I think it was probably because I haven't completed the biometric yet.)

I wonder how soon you can file for expedite again?

(I had the biometric appointment yesterday and now the status is 'Fingerprint Review Was Completed'.) 

I contacted the congressman for assistance but they said USCIS suggested to wait for another 45 days. It seems they prefer to follow USCIS procedure and advise me to come back after 90 days. I am not sure if my employer can wait that long. But I am at risk to loose my job as well as I have just begun working for a month only. 

Should wait for the congressman or resubmit the request by myself in a month later?

Thank you very much.

Timeline
On 10/8/2019 at 1:30 PM, hnnt said:

i got approval as well but case status is stuck at case was approved on october 4 and no update since then :( people usually get a tracking number 1-2 days afterwards so im worried now

Did you see any update? I dont see any change since the approval message 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/7/2019 at 9:26 AM, pamawemo said:

Submitted EAD request on 7/18 via phone; received snail mail letter requesting evidence of financial hardship 7/25; faxed evidence 7/30; received email 8/5 that card is being produced. We did not use anyone's assistance (lawyer, politician, etc.) Good luck to those who are still waiting. We feel very fortunate.

What kind of documents did you fax over to support your expedite? 

3 hours ago, Irush93 said:

What kind of documents did you fax over to support your expedite? 

We faxed the job offer letter my wife received; copies of my payroll statements showing a reduction in my hours(pay); a news article detailing my company's failed merger plan which resulted in a slowdown of our business thus the reduction in my hours/pay. Good luck!

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all,

Applying for adjustment of status c9 category at NBC (currently on L1B). Received job offer and also have newborn and filed expedite under severe financial loss.

PD =15th July 2019

Bio = early August 2019

Ready to schedule interview = 17th September

Requested expedite over hotline = October 21st

Congressman also filed expedite request = October 24th

Faxed relevant information to USCIS = October 29th (following waiting for request for evidence)

Congressman notified me that USCIS sent the following message (they seem to think this is 'accepted'):

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter.  This case will be routed for expedited processing.  Once this case is reviewed, your constituent will receive a decision or notice of further action.  Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedite queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review.  The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that this case will be adjudicated as soon as possible.” 

My questions

1. What else can be done at this point? I assume I am waiting for USCIS online portal to update to say New Card is being produced?

2. With the EAD issuance, does this automatically approve the I-131 (Advanced parole)? My current Xmas plans have international travel arrangements which works fine if i have my L1-B visa, however if i change job before then with EAD, does this invalidate returning to the US? (I assume yes)

3. When do I-131s typically get approved? Or is there a seperate approval expedite process?

10/28/2019 call the uscis to submit an expedite requedt

10/31/2019 request assigned to an officer

11/01/2019 got an email asking for proof and request was updated to completed. On the same day fax and mail the support documents.

Waiting for update since that.

07/17/2019: sent by USPS

07/21/2019: received by Chicago lockbox

08/12/2019: received text notification and check cashed

08/17/2019: received receipt letter with notice day 08/12

08/23/2019: received biometric appointment letter

08/26/2019: biometric walk in done

10/28/2019: called USCIS to submit an expedite request

11/01/2019: got an email asking for proof to fax. fax and mail the support documents.

11/12/2019: we received your response to our request for additional information regarding expedite processing of your Form I-765. Your request has been forwarded to an officer for review. We will notify you if we need something from you.

02/26/2019: combo card approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.