2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/19/2019 at 12:00 PM, rbrow5 said:

I called to submit my expedite request due to financial hardship (job offer) on 7/25, sent my documents on 8/5, received confirmation of fax on 8/8.

Today my local congress office informed me that the national benefits center need more evidence for me to prove financial hardship (i originally just sent cover letter and job offer). I am so frustrated by this entire process, all we want to do is work!!! 

Has anyone else experienced being asked for more evidence after faxing your job offer?

Update: after faxing them further evidence than just my job offer over the last month I was sent an rfe and my expedite request was denied

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 8/26/2019 at 12:35 PM, mmv_1 said:

image.png.500516ecdd54401846bf3f7c1e69847f.png

On July 17th I requested an Expedite for form 765, on July 22nd I received an email requesting for evidence, that same day the evidence was sent. On July 26 an RFIE got sent asking for my birth certificate, it was received by USCIS on Aug 9th. On Aug 18th a new expedite was submitted, an Aug 19th the fax asking for evidence, today I get an email that my expedite was approved but it does not say that the application is approved or that the card is being produced, has this happened to any of you? If so, how long until card is produced. My PD is June 3 and Biometrics June 26

Update: I got an email from USCIS stating "On 09/09/2019, you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case....The status of this service request is: We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly."

The Case Status is still Showing that the expedite got approved but two new updates are now dated as Sept 9, one that the request got assigned to an officer and the other than an email was sent to me. This update is odd since I have not contacted anyone since early August. I am concerned if there is something else that is holding the case from being expedite.  

Adjusting from F1 to GC as immediate relative of USC

May 03, 2019 Married to USC

May 30th, 2019 - AOS package sent  (I-485, I-130, I-130A, I-864, I-131, I-765 )

June 3rd, 2019 - AOS package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

June 7th, 2019 - Received NOAs via e-notification

June 15th, 2019 - USCIS cashed check

June 24th, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

June 25th, 2019 - Status Changed to Fingerprints Reviewed 

July 17nd, 2019 - Requested USCIS to expedite EAD under "severe financial loss" 

July 22nd, 2019 - Email Requesting Proof, Documents were faxed same day

July 26th, 2019 -  RFIE due to Missing Birth Certificate

Aug 8th, 2019 - Status Changed to USCIS Received Response for RFEI

Aug 13th, 2019 - Requested USCIS to expedite EAD under "severe financial loss" second time 

Aug 19th, 2019 - Email Requesting Proof, Documents were faxed same day

Aug 26th, 2019 - Status Changed to Expedite Request Approved for I 765

May 20th, 2021 - Interview

May 20th , 2021 - Case Approved

N400 as USC Spouse - 3 year Rule

Feb 20th, 2024 - Online Application Submitted - Biometrics Waived 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys, 

Need some advice here.. I called USCIS at 9/10 to submit a expedite request, received asking-for-evidence email on 9/13, faxed in everything the same day. Here is my update from the website... There is no "next steps" info like others do. Should I be concerned? 

I got a job offer with a small firm. So I was aiming for "severe financial loss to a person and a company" route. Wrote 2 pages of cover letter to explain the situation. Chances of getting approved?? I didn't contact my congressman as he is kinda hardcore republican... Man this is stressful

tempsnip.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, JojoNikki said:

Hi guys, 

Need some advice here.. I called USCIS at 9/10 to submit a expedite request, received asking-for-evidence email on 9/13, faxed in everything the same day. Here is my update from the website... There is no "next steps" info like others do. Should I be concerned? 

I got a job offer with a small firm. So I was aiming for "severe financial loss to a person and a company" route. Wrote 2 pages of cover letter to explain the situation. Chances of getting approved?? I didn't contact my congressman as he is kinda hardcore republican... Man this is stressful

tempsnip.png

This is standard.  Be patient; you’ll probably receive some kind of response in about a week.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Northerndynasty said:

This is standard.  Be patient; you’ll probably receive some kind of response in about a week.  

Thanks! I am just too stressed out lol

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JojoNikki said:

Thanks! I am just too stressed out lol

I have filed 2 expedite requests (for 2 different stages), and both have been approved and both followed the same process.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Northerndynasty said:

I have filed 2 expedite requests (for 2 different stages), and both have been approved and both followed the same process.

Glad you got approved! You must be an expert dealing with uscis by now. It bugs me when it shows "request is completed" but they don't tell me the decision and leave me hanging 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, JojoNikki said:

Glad you got approved! You must be an expert dealing with uscis by now. It bugs me when it shows "request is completed" but they don't tell me the decision and leave me hanging 

I can totally understand the frustration.  After I bared witness to the first Expedite request process, I anticipated the process for the second one (which did, in fact, proceed the exact same way).

My career (unfortunately/fortunately...lol) does elevate the necessity of this process progressing as “expeditiously” as possible.  Hence...

Just the same, hang in there.  So long as you provided an abundance of explicit proof and documentation, give the Officer the appropriate time to review your case - and the myriad of other cases - and it will get processed in due time.

Best wishes to you!

Timeline

image.thumb.png.caf92793abe22b4248b210cb16697d6b.png

The first time I applied for the expedite was on July, it got declined after they sent an RFE. I re submitted the application on early august, a week after faxing the proof, the expedite got approved, last week I got the case update, "Correspondence was received", I have not submitted anything other than the faxed evidence on early August. I am so confused. My biometrics were done on June 24, my PD is June 3.

Anyone has experienced this?

Aug 13th, 2019 - Requested USCIS to expedite EAD under "severe financial loss" second time 

My current expedite status changed to 'Expedite Request Approved' on the 10th September just a few days after faxing over my job offer and supporting info.

Is my next status likely to be 'Card in Production'?

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Reed1812 said:

My current expedite status changed to 'Expedite Request Approved' on the 10th September just a few days after faxing over my job offer and supporting info.

That would generally be the next step.  Likely within a week of that date.  “Generally”...

congrats so far!

1 hour ago, Northerndynasty said:

That would generally be the next step.  Likely within a week of that date.  “Generally”...

congrats so far!

Thanks. It's been a week tomorrow so hoping I see an update soon!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Reed1812 said:

My status changed to "Expedite Request Approved" on August 26th. On September 9th the status changed to "Correspondence Received" (I don't know what that means) nothing has changed after that, still waiting.

16 hours ago, mmv_1 said:

My status changed to "Expedite Request Approved" on August 26th. On September 9th the status changed to "Correspondence Received" (I don't know what that means) nothing has changed after that, still waiting.

How strange. I got the 'correspondence received' status prior to the 'request approved'. Hope you get it sorted

Timeline
1 hour ago, Reed1812 said:

How strange. I got the 'correspondence received' status prior to the 'request approved'. Hope you get it sorted

How long before "Expedite Request Approved" did you received the "correspondence received" message?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.