Jaquelly

Feb 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

1,156 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica said:

Things have suddenly moved fast at NVC for me... Finally received my case number last Thursday. Agonised over the 'At NVC' status for the next five days... This morning, I saw that the status was 'In Transit'. So I finally went ahead and booked my medical at Knightsbridge. Annoyingly, their earliest appointment is 19th April but at least that gives me plenty of time to feel prepared (although I already have my jabs and all paperwork I need!). I can keep asking if they have anything sooner, although I'm told cancellations are rare. 

I also filled in my DS-160 this morning, which is a nightmare with those awfully quick timeouts. A word of warning to those still to submit their DS-160: SAVE YOUR APPLICATION NUMBER IMMEDIATELY. I thought this would automatically be stored if you need to retrieve your application whilst going through the submission process. It is not. I got all the way to end, had to fiddle with my photo and during that time, the page timed out. Thankfully others have realised there's no other way to get back your application ID via the site itself (there's not even a 'forgot ID' option) but you can follow these instructions which helped me find mine with the website code in my cache: https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/95081/how-to-retrieve-the-ds-160-application

During the time I finished my DS-160 (what with its fiddly photo settings, can be time consuming!), I checked back on the CEAC tracker. Now my case says 'READY'. Yes!! The only issue is that it seems to have happened so recently, I still can't apply for my London embassy appointment online. I'll keep trying, since I'm really keen to get into the final dates of when this will all finally start coming to an end. 

I hope everyone else's applications go smoothly and quickly once they're into the NVC and local embassy stages! 

Congrats! When you called NVC did you push option 5 or option 7? Trying to see if you were part of the electronic group.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hey everyone, I need some advice to get through to the London embassy.

I was living in the UK with my partner when I applied for the visa, he has since left to go back to the US. I was quite lonely without him and wanted to move back to my home country, The Netherlands. We contacted USCIS to ask if that would be a problem. They said we could just change my address and they would send our case file to the nearest embassy.

Fast forward to now, I am now in The Netherlands, but it turns out they just send the case file to London anyway. Our case has been "ready" since March 9th. I feel a bit blindsided because it turns out it's not that easy to change the embassy and they gave us wrong information. The thing is, it's not that difficult for me to just go to the interview in London BUT I have not received the letter inviting me to the interview. They probably send it to my old address and I have no way of retrieving that. 

When we called to NVC they did confirm they have my current (Dutch) address in the system but to ask the London embassy what happened to the letter. The problem is that it's impossible to contact them?? Absolutely unbelievable! We can't get an actual person on the phone, it keeps telling us to do everything online. We have send an email about 1,5 week ago and haven't heard anything back. Called NVC again and they just said to keep bugging the embassy.

I am in despair!! We are so close and it seems to go so wrong now. 
Does anyone know to speak to an actual person and get some insight into where they send my letter and if it's possible to just come to the London interview despite not living there??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
48 minutes ago, LarisaXoX said:

Congrats! When you called NVC did you push option 5 or option 7? Trying to see if you were part of the electronic group.

Thank you! I didn't get sent through to option 5, as I was given my number on my last call to NVC via option 7. I hope that helps you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kor&Ani said:

What is the difference between option 5 and 7 when you call NVC?

Select option 7 unless they tell you otherwise. If they tell you to select option 5, it's because your case is electronic.

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hey guys, quick question :)

NVC  got our case March 15, is it too early to call them and ask for the case #?

i've seen some post that it'll take up to 8weeks for them to assign a case #. how true? 

thanks in advance :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Boyd_M said:

Congrats!  We got number the 16th!  Still waiting for it to move.  I see you are in Boston.  One of the things I want to do with my fiancee this summer is take her to a game at Fenway Park!

Definitely a must at Fenway! Also make sure you go to Quincy Market by the waterfront in Boston. It’s very romantic and has great foods😀👍🏻

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, C.&A. said:

hey guys, quick question :)

NVC  got our case March 15, is it too early to call them and ask for the case #?

i've seen some post that it'll take up to 8weeks for them to assign a case #. how true? 

thanks in advance :)

My case arrived to NVC on March 12 and by March 14 I called NVC and they gave me rhe case# ... call NVC ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.