sam1985

how I can bring my son and daughter

54 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, sam1985 said:

My husband went through the all process ... My kids are not eligible to get German citizenship ... Very similar to USA law ... If one parent is a citizen and the other is not a citizen ... The citizen must meet many criteria to pass the citizen to his childer. So German citizenship is out ... I'm asking if there is any way to get my kids the USA citizenship ...

According to Sweden law, my kids will get the Sweden citizenship when they are 3 years old ... But I can't wait another 2.5 years!!

That is not correct.........

10 minutes ago, sam1985 said:

My husband went through the all process ... My kids are not eligible to get German citizenship ... Very similar to USA law ... If one parent is a citizen and the other is not a citizen ... The citizen must meet many criteria to pass the citizenship to his childer. So German citizenship is out ... I'm asking if there is any way to get my kids the USA citizenship ...

According to Sweden law, my kids will get the Sweden citizenship when they are 3 years old ... But I can't wait another 2.5 years!!

The exception posted above to Germany  is if the children would be stateless, which is the case. Has he told the German embassy this?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, sam1985 said:

that's will be great. Thank you so much

Here is a different forum that briefly discussed it. If you scroll down the responses you can see when the grandparents become a topic of conversation. 

Number 5. On the link: 

Have a U.S. citizen parent who has been physically present in the United States or American Samoa or Swains Island for no less than five years. At least two of these years were after the U.S. citizen parent’s 14th birthday.

• If the U.S. citizen parent fails to meet the physical presence requirement, the child must have a U.S. citizen grandparent(s) who was physically present in the United States for a period or for multiple periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after the U.S. citizen grandparent’s 14th birthday.
Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

6 minutes ago, sam1985 said:

that's will be great. Thank you so much

Oh that’s correct, if the USC grandparent has met the physical presence rules it can be used. There’s some kind of form obviously. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This is an interesting case, to say the least. Stateless children.

I wonder if you could get some sort of exception through the USCIS on account that they have no state to immigrate from. Perhaps some sort of refugee status? Just thinking outside of the box here. Seems like  you would want to consult a very experienced US immigration lawyer.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I'm pretty sure the kids are German, unless info on wiki is wrong (which might be possible).

In case they are stateless, they can still obtain a travel passport from Sweden and they can enter the US with that (not sure which visa they will need).

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

Timeline

Assuming the OP was living in the States  for 12 years with her parents, it sounds like they would qualify for US citizenship as well under their grandparents.  But also the German Stateless Kids statement makes it sound like they are eligible for Germany as well.

Now I am curious if VJ figured out two pathways for the children's citizenship for either Germany or US, or not?

Edited by AshMarty

1 hour ago, sam1985 said:

Hello,

I hope someone can give me some advice 

I'm a USA citizen. I met my husband who is not a USA citizen in Sweden. We got married there and I stayed with him over there because he has a good job.

I got pregnant and I have a twin, boy, and girl. I went to USA embassy to give them my citizenship BUT I found out that I'm not eligible to transfer my citizenship to my kids because I didn't meet the criteria of living 5 days, 2 years after age 14. (I lived 12 years before age 14 and 20 months after age 14)

We tried to get my kids the citizenship of my husband ... guess what? also got rejected and he couldn't transfer his citizenship to our kids.

So now my kids they don't have any passport/citizenship.Oof note, they are not eligible to get Sweden citizenship because I'm American! 

So what do I have to do?? I'm here in Sweden and I can't leave out because my kids don't have a passport and I can't leave them alone ...  I can apply for I-130 (As I applied before for my husband and he got the green card) but my kids they don't have any passport yet! 

Any advice? 

Thank you so much

What visa do you hold in Sweden? Are you a US citizen only? I am reading on the Swedish immigration website right now. 
Is the dad a German citizen only? It will be a bit easier to help with some more information.

Also, where does it say that your children can get citizenship in 3 years? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Oh that’s correct, if the USC grandparent has met the physical presence rules it can be used. There’s some kind of form obviously. 

http://www.apsanlaw.com/mlaw-159.Obtaining-US-Citizenship-Through-a-Grandparent.html

it looks like it is the N-600k and I guess the children obtain a visa to come to the US in order to file the paperwork once in the US. 

Hopefully this is a pathway for the OPs children. 

Edited by AshMarty

2 hours ago, AshMarty said:

http://www.apsanlaw.com/mlaw-159.Obtaining-US-Citizenship-Through-a-Grandparent.html

it looks like it is the N-600k and I guess the children obtain a visa to come to the US in order to file the paperwork once in the US. 

Hopefully this is a pathway for the OPs children. 

Hmm...but they need a passport to get a visa put in it ....

theres another thread where someone has a similar issue, in Qatar with neither parent able to pass on their citizenship. 

Just now, SusieQQQ said:

Hmm...but they need a passport to get a visa put in it ....

theres another thread where someone has a similar issue, in Qatar with neither parent able to pass on their citizenship. 

But I don't understand why they wouldn't have any citizenship? They would become Germans from their dad, wouldn't they?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are looking to move with the children back to the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

40 minutes ago, Fippsie said:

I’m very sorry, but you live in denial. People tell you over and over again that your kids are automatically german citizens if one of their parents is german. All you say is ‘no is there any way for them to become US citizens??’.

You just don’t want them to be german citizens. And no one here can do anything different but tell you that they have german citizenship.. 

No the OP said the German consulate ALSO said their German parent cannot pass on his citizenship due to similar circumstances to their US mother.  Is there a physical presence requirement for a German citizen like there is for a US citizen? 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.